Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 2 August 2013
Hi Fellow Amazonian,

Firstly, you can find these cheaper on Ebay and the manufacturers website, but I still bought these here on Amazon....I really am a rebel without a cause!!! ;O)

I've owned 4 X-Mini's (Sold), 2 Sweet BT Speakers (Sent Back - Faulty) and still own the rather good Kitsound Boom Bar.

Firstly the volume, this is louder then all three of the aforementioned speakers and the quality is very impressive. The magic hole at the back of the unit, called the Bass Port certainly does the job, and if you look at the spec of all the speakers, it's high volume level is confirmed.

As mentioned this reaches higher volumes and has better sound distribution with little or no distortion then any of the other aforementioned speakers could too.

I was looking for something loud, not too big, with bluetooth and not too expensive and this certainly fits the bill.

Build quality is very good but then again, I've only had it a day. It is a bit plasticky in my opinion and prefer the tactile quality on the Boombar. But all in all, a well manufactered bit of kit.

The device is light and has a good form factor. I, like many of my fellow reviewers wish that the item came in a protective case!!! Been looking on amazon for something decent and inexpensive but as yet have not found anything.......

Working the device is very simple - press on/off button to turn on, press play/pause button for a 3 to 4 seconds to begin pairing mode, wait for light to flash blue and green and voila!!!! begin paring procedure. The unit also has an AUX IN for wired connectivity, but this is pretty standard on wireless speakers in this day and age.

I really like the touch sensitive buttons to control the unit. I have used the unit with BB Playbook and Optimus 4x HD and both devices sound great through the speaker. With the use of a decent music player with eq the sound is very much to my liking :)

I have Poweramp on the Optimus and Neutron on the Playbook and am really happy with both.

Well, thats it for know. This is a great device and with the sudden appearence of so many BT speakers that appear to be so similar, it is great to see something on the market which stands out from the crowd and works so effectively. Well done Azatom.....the UFO has landed.

Hope this review helps and happy shopping :)
on 15 July 2013
I researched portable speakers for 3 weeks before buying this, and I totally made the right choice. I tried out every speaker I could in the shops from £10 to over £100. The UFO sounds better, and is louder than the Jawbone, for example, and that costs £120! I paid £35 for my UFO including shipping! Other speakers in the same price range offer half the quality and have much lower volume. I only just got mine so I cant comment on battery life, but the unit is bigger than I thought it would be (although still very portable, ideal for packing for a holiday or camping trip) and feels much better made than its rivals. It has a weight and rigidity to it you don't get with others in this price range. Very well built. It also looks better than its rivals in my opinion, and its upward facing UFO design gives a much better sound spread than forward facing speakers. I'm a bit of an amateur audiophile so sound quality is important to me. When I turned this on for the first time a huge grin spread across my face. It's amazing!!! Don't waste your money anywhere else. Buy this with confidence! Azatom are English too. Its great to see a British company making something this good, and at this price! Hope to see more of them in the coming years.
on 5 July 2013
I am very pleased with this, I have used it via the Bluetooth with my Ipad 2 and my Iphone 3GS, and I was also able to use it - a big bonus - with a very old Ipod Touch, because a small cable is also provided to connect the devices "manually". The only reason I have given it 4 stars not 5 is that the sound is slightly tinny, ie it lacks sufficient bass, and sometimes the bass that is there is a bit muffled and cotton-woolly, but it is such a good price, and SO portable (if you can get an Ipad into a bag, you'll be able to get this in too, because although it is thicker than an Ipad, it is smaller), that I think I have got very good value for money.
on 13 August 2013
After reading the many favourable reviews for this product, thought I would give it a try. Once over the novelty of my first blue tooth functioning device, I found the sound quality very impressive. Clear high end and a very reasonable level of bass. Overall, like the product very much. Very good value for money and looks to be well made so should be durable. Like the design too!
on 17 February 2013
Wow I made an excellent choice here ! I had no experience of bluetooth speakers, but was nt disappointed. Range is good. sound quality good. very good for the money.
on 28 June 2013
fantastic sound .... can't believe such a small speaker can sound so good.

very light so perfect for travel.

syncs with your phones/laptops/tablets around the house and you can use your phone as a remote control!

cant recommend enough.
on 12 June 2013
For such a small compact unit the sound this thing throws out is quite stunning.I have it hooked up to my kindle fire hd via Bluetooth,very simple to set up and works over a fairly long range.
For the money i was not expecting the world,but this unit gives out clear crisp quality sound with just the right amount of bass,and as for playing emeli sande live from the albert hall it just sounds out of this world,dare i even say it may be on par with my Bose for sound quality.All i can say is buy one you won't be disappointed i certainly wasn't
on 30 June 2013
This portable speaker more than met my expectations. Good sound quality, good volume, I was worried that there wouldn't be enough bass, but there is. Just enough bass to listen to music comfortably. Just right for listening to decent music in the kitchen and around the house. bluetooth connects effortlessly to both iphone and ipad. I'm glad I chose this item.Also great for watching movies on the ipad.
on 31 July 2013
I bought this to play the music on my phone and yea its quality!!!! I have had a few bluetooth speakers and alot of them seem to claim you can control the volume from the device your playing the music from and in reality near on every time its a lie ..
BUT i paired these speakers with several phones and all could control the volume from the device which truly makes the whole experience hands-free and wireless and its aces!!! For some reason I thought the speaker would be maybe double the size of what it is but it don't matter cos for its size this speaker can go ridiculously loud!!
Product arrived within a few days as well :)

DONT WASTE MONEY ON OTHER PRODUCTS BUY THESE SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 13 March 2013
Look no further, these speakers (linked to my Nexus 7 tablet) are just superb. Clear sound, loud and great base too. For their size they are amazingly good. If you need some small external speakers for a tablet or other piece of similar equipment, then do yourself a favour and get these, believe me you will not be disappointed!