5.0 out of 5 stars The best mp3/mp4 player
I Have had this player for 2 years and i found it to be a brilliant mp3 player,
music sounds great,and films look excellent,it does everything except make phone calls
my only con is the earphones are not great,but use Sony cheap earphones 17 euro the sound is great
Published 7 months ago by patrick curran

1.0 out of 5 stars Takes Far Too Long To Start Up And Now It Has Frozen
I haven't had the device long and currently only use it to listen to music so am unable to give a review on any of the other functions.

Published on 30 May 2012 by Ms. T. Griffith

5.0 out of 5 stars The best mp3/mp4 player, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Samsung YP-G1 Galaxy S WIFI 4.0 Portable Media Player ( MP3 Playback,Touchscreen,Built-In Radio ) (Electronics)
I Have had this player for 2 years and i found it to be a brilliant mp3 player,
i have bought Sony,Creative And ,Archos,players all no way near the quality of this samsung player. it is far far better and worth every penny
i still use it today,excellent quality 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Takes Far Too Long To Start Up And Now It Has Frozen, 30 May 2012
Ms. T. Griffith (London, UK) - See all my reviews

My comments thus far is that it is not a bad device. It has a good sound and decent volume range (bought a travel speaker - although the Samsung has its own built-in speakers - but there is no differnce between the top volume on the device and the speaker so I just use the speaker with my laptop).

I like the feel and weight - not too heavy or too light. It's a little larger than I would have liked but it fits nicely in my hand.

The graphics and colours are clear and the touch screen is very responsive. It also seems to have a few functions that might be useful, but I am yet to explore these mainly because I am presently in an area with no wifi, however I do feel the keyboard letters/numbers are too close so you can type in the wrong information.

My main critisms are firstly the length of time it takes to start up. It takes a total of 2 mins 36 seconds (I timed it) before you can select a function and although not the only irritant this is the worst of the faults I found.

Secondly, unless it is my not knowing where to find it or I haven't downloaded all the information (as I wasn't able to), the music player never starts where it left off - i.e. it does not appear to allow me to continue my playlist from where I had turned it off. So unless I remember what I'd last listened to I end up playing the same songs over again.

It also seems to have less functions than my old Zen (e.g. the Zen allowed me to play by Genre but the only functions this Samsung appears to have are All, Playlists, Albums & Artists). Again, this is possibly because I wasn't able to download the correct programmes.

The volume and on/off buttons are on the same level at opposite sides of the device so if only using one hand it is easy to touch the wrong button, which can be annoying.

The volume always reverts to number 15 when switched on, which I suppose is good if you are using headphones but not if you tend to use the speaker option, which I use more often than not.

Finally, unless I am doing something wrong, you can't play music through the speakers if the headphones are in, although off course it will when playing the radio - as the headphones are used as an aerial (this is not a major issue but I did not have to detach the headphones with my Zen).

Although I do not dislike the device and feel I should check out the other functions before writing it off, I did buy it mainly for the music functions and am a little disappointed with what it can do but more in particular in the fact that it takes far too long to start up.

26/10/12
Since my review in May am now revising it and deducting two stars as this week the screen has frozen and no matter what I do I cannot get it to work again. I am very disappointed with this item. As it should still be under guarantee will be sending it back for repair, but to be honest I will be looking for a replacement MP3 player and certainly won't be buying another Samsung device.