on 28 October 2014
This lumbar roll is a handy item to use if you find yourself in situations where you have to sit in awkward positions which cause you back discomfort. It is easy and quick to blow up by mouth and stays inflated and is very portable.

Ideal uses for the items are travel on trains, planes and when driving. The roll can be placed between the seat back and your lumbar (lower back) region and the seat and the pressure does seem to provide decent support, reducing back fatigue and discomfort.

You can vary the amount you inflate the roll. I found slightly less than fully inflated gave me better support than solidly inflated.

You can deflate and roll this up into a very small size so great for travel purposes and it has been very hard wearing, showing little signs of wear and tear.

It is worth thinking about whether this roll will be big enough for you. It is not really a substitute for a larger item for rolling your back on; more of a travel or work chair type accessory.
on 5 October 2013
Yes, it does what it's supposed to do and supports the lordosis. However, 3 stars because £14 for basically an inflatable plastic cushion is ridiculous.
on 17 January 2016
As others have said, this is expensive for what it is - a blow up cushion - however, I have used back rolls for years and this is a very useful version.
It allows you to choose how firm you want the support to be, which is important when you travel and e.g. get plane seats of varying support - you do not want too much support or you get back pain from excessive curvature. Changing the amount of air in the cushion is of course easy and quick so you can get the position exactly right for you.
Also, if you can get all the air out, the folded cushion is so small you can easily slip it in a pocket or bag, avoiding the nuisance of carrying a full size back roll through the airport.
If you are into multi use, it can also be used as a neck support.
So, while it is expensive, I find it serves the purpose very well and I much prefer it to equally pricey foam alternatives.
on 16 July 2013
Took this on holiday recently, did a lot of travelling by rail. Used the lumbar roll on every journey, excellent product. Well worth the money.
on 29 December 2014
Fine while it lasted! Bought it for my wife for a long distance flight. Back home it lasted a few days before deflating on use. There's no split or puncture, so seems to be faulty valve. Poor value.
on 29 July 2014
This has proved a very useful article for me. I am reluctant to generalise as probably all sciatica problems are different. So why only 3 stars? This is the second one I have had and the first one broke - at the point where the "plug" is attached to the roll. Also if the article has to be sent abroad (in my case to Italy) you will be charged GBP9.90 for postage when the actual cost is GBP2.05.
on 10 April 2013
Good for my holiday.. I could use it on the plane and coach Slightly deflated I could use it as a pillow in the hotel
on 18 March 2014
I sometimes need support for a bad back, especially sitting in aircraft or restaurants. This is perfect. Carry us inflated and blow up when needed. Perfect
on 18 January 2016
I have previously purchased similar lumbar rolls from another site but they are no longer available. This lumbar roll is brilliant for travelling as it adjusts to any depth of chair. Also very convenient for folding and takes up minimal space. Previous types have punctured at some point but as yet this one is fine. You do need to be careful not to squash it in the door when getting out of your car. It is well worth paying the price for the comfort it gives. I could not drive any distance without it. I also found the PostureLite lumbar roll effective and possibly sturdier, but it is more bulky. If yoou have a bad back these are both a must have.
on 19 April 2012
This thing is worth every penny. I hurt my neck and back about 6 months ago and I need lumbar support. This works. Also look for the neck roll product. I sleep with it at the front of my pillow, outside the pillow case and it has made a huge difference.