5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for eczema, general chapped skin etc
Published on 23 Jan. 2012 by Sharingexperience

2.0 out of 5 stars I do not like using medication of any type if I can help ...
Published 5 months ago by Floydsolo

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for eczema, general chapped skin etc, 23 Jan. 2012
My daughter had terrible eczema when she was 3. After a bath her little body was like one red chapped blob. I prefer to use natural remedies, as the steroid creams whilst looking like they are "healing", eventually lead to skin thinning and other side effects. Many emollient creams have petroleum in them (why put a product derived from petrol on young sensitive skins - or adults for that reason!!). I found this cream and was so relieved to find a product that really helped to soothe, calm down the skin and to a certain extent to heal. For long term healing we went down the homeopathic route in the end, and this helped to heal her properly and she is now symptom free and has been for 2 years. Even for chapped lips or general dry skin, I would thoroughly recommend this product! Whilst not the cheapest product on the market,I would say it is worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars My salvation, 5 July 2011
I bought this cream as a last resort for my husband who has suffered badly with eczema on his hands since he was young. Unfortunately he has several skin allergys to food and being a chef makes life very difficult! I had seen a review of the product and decided to buy some for him, he says that its a great improvement on anything he has tried before, he has used so many different steroid creams that he has lost some of the feeling in his fingers! I have noticed a difference when I hold his hand, it feels like skin now instead of sandpaper!

On the whole great success with the cream and my husband will continue to use it and hopefully improve.

4.0 out of 5 stars expensive but goes a long way, 3 July 2011
brought for my 3year old daughter as she has eczema and i was using a lot of steriod cream..i had tried all the other natural products on the market and then came across this. it is expensive but it will last quite a while as its more like bees wax then cream. if my daughters skin is under control i am able to use this cream but when it flair's up sadly it does not bring it bk under control, i use this on my 6 month old baby too for when she gets dry skin espically bk in the spring when it was cold.
all in all i think this is a good product and for any one who has eczema i think its worth trying.
i was unable to get on prescriton as ive read its available on NHS but perhaps up country and not in south west but worth asking your doctor

2.0 out of 5 stars I do not like using medication of any type if I can help ..., 16 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Pure Potions Skin Salvation with Hemp - For People with Dry, Itchy Skin 120ml (Personal Care)
I bought this based on an article in the Daily Mail regarding facial Eczema & how it cured someones long term skin problem. I do not like using medication of any type if I can help it so always try anything natural before seeing the doctor. I suffer from Eczema & very dry irritable skin on the face & was hoping this would help, but unfortunately it's done absolutely nothing so far. It's not a moisturizer, more of a hard coconut oil, not easy to apply over a large area & needs heating up slightly for it to melt so it can be applied better. I wil still use it but won't be buying anymore. Lesson learned, don't believe everything you read in a mainstream newspaper!

4.0 out of 5 stars It is a good help, 20 Nov. 2012
My daughter has suffered from excema for a few months as she is only 7 months old & the doctors kept giving me anifungal and steroid creams, which cleared the redness but made the skin really dry. The thick creams / ointments that the doctor prescribes do not stay on her skill for long enough and she get dry skin that itches more. I found this this balm works well as it keeps the skin moist and soft. I use the steroid creams when needed, but use this on the bad places daily along with a normal thick moisturiser. I wouldn't say it is as good as they say, but it is worth a try and has helped us.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit firm, 13 Aug. 2013
The product is a bit firmer than I thought it would be.If it was less firm, it would be easier to apply.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didnt work for us., 3 Nov. 2013
This product had the opposite effect, and made it worse in our case, so for that reason we gave it only one star. however we are dealing with someone not only with skin problems but also allergies to many day to day foods and substances, also his skin is damaged by years of steroid creame use, it may very well work on other people, but not for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was miraculous for my 4 year old's eczema., 2 April 2015
My 4 year old has terrible eczema on her face and back of knees/arms - I had been using Oilatum products (Whole range) Hydrocortisone cream etc with no joy. I was getting so worried about the overuse of the steroid cream on her young skin, and researched the web to try to find an alternative. I tried Neil's yard pure organic virgin coconut oil, but that didn't help at all - the oil just sat on the thickened scabby areas and made her itch. I was beginning to despair and it broke my heart to see my beautiful child so distraught and sore. I cannot say loudly enough that for my little girl this ointment is nothing short of a MIRACLE. I plastered it on the crusty areas like a thick paste (Warm it on the back of your hand first as it is a very thick butter and do a 24hr patch test first!) and keep the area covered in the cream. Within 24 hours her skin was vastly improved. I have got through 1 of these tubs in the first 10 days (120ml) but have been very intensive in applying it to get the issue under control (applying many times a day to keep the area covered) and whilst expensive, for me it has been totally worth it to see the massive improvement - better than steroid cream or any other pharmaceutical product. I cannot praise this highly enough. I know finding a treatment for eczema is very hit and miss, but if you are considering this, please give it a try, as it is perfectly natural with no nasties, and for my child has been the best thing I could have done. BRILLIANT, MIRACULOUS - THANK YOU!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little potion, 4 Mar. 2014
I bought this for my partner as he has sometimes a mild type of eczema on his face. When I gave it to him to use it he laughed as, being a man, he doesn't use any type of face cream or other things like this, but after I forced him to use it 2-3 times and he saw the results - eczema completely gone and smooth and lovely skin....he is actually using it now without me telling him to do it. So...it definitely works. The product it is a bit hard, it is not your normal face cream, you just have to insist with your finger over it to "warm" it a bit and then it works great. As is saying on the box, it is a ointment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing product, 18 Dec. 2012
Skin Salvation Review

Unfortunately, I could not use this product as an initial test made my excema much worse. Very disappointing, therefore not much use writing any more!