5.0 out of 5 stars Quite thick but seems to work perfectly, 2 Jun 2012
This review is from: Neewer 62mm-58mm 62-58 Step Down Filter Ring Stepping Adapter (Electronics)
It adds about half a centimetre onto the front of the lens, so I was initially worried that the edge of my polarising filter would be visible in the picture, but luckily it is not! So this is perfectly adequate for me.

For anyone who is interested, the lens I'm using it on is a Sigma 30mm f/1.4, on a Canon 450d body. The polariser I use is a Hoya 58mm, and it shows no vignetting in the photo.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does What it Should., 8 Jan 2014
Pauline Roberts (UK) - See all my reviews
Pleased with this. Would have liked it in a case or cover of some sort but in fairness for the price it is pushing it. It screws on with no problems, and I was pleased to find that even with the additional filter on using this ring, I was still able to use the hood. I have read accounts where people have used step up/down filter rings and no longer been able to use their camera hood. There were no issues with this at all. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product - Possibly not for Travel Lenses though., 15 Feb 2013
L. J. Higgins "Lol" (London) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my Tamron 18 - 250mm travel lens hoping to be able to use my existing 58mm filters (I have a Canon 550D) on it.
The adapter does exactly what it should do in stepping down the filter diameter and if you are using a prime lens there will probably not be any issues but a word of warning to those looking to use it on a variable telescopic lenses - I get quite a severe vignetting at the widest settings (18-28mm) on the Tamron because the adapter ring puts more distance between the lens and the filter so all four corners become darker as the filter ring blocks the light.
So why the five stars - well, If I were using prime lenses I doubt that there would be an issue at all. I also think that a quick image crop in post would solve the problem without loosing much of the pictures integrity (filming would be another matter though) and finally the adapter does what it is supposed to do and is well made (metal), it's the lens I have which has the issue - not this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adapter ring, 22 Sep 2012
Excellent item , just the thing that I was looking for, at a very good price,And it was with me in just a couple of days. Well done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 Sep 2014
excellent value fits well on the threads