Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.97

on 22 September 2011
This is the new, improved version of the recipe book so even if you already have the old version it's definitely worth getting. Much easier to find your old favourites (it's now organised by Phase) and lots of interesting new recipes, it's the ideal companion to the diet book.
on 26 March 2010
This is the first time i've ever reviewed a book but the diet is so good i had to.
I've got both the diet book and the recipe book and have now been doing the diet for 10 weeks. I started at 13 stone 4 (i'm 5ft 7) and have now lost a stone and a half.
Like loads of other reviewers i've tried all sorts of other diets and mostly ended up losing a little and then putting a load back on when my will power ran out.
Phase 1 is hard, but i gave up alcohol and caffeine for a couple of weeks before i started and that seemed to really help with the headache issue - i've had really bad headaches doing previous 'detox' diets but didn't have that problem with phase 1.
During phase 2 (which i'm still on) i've managed to go out for dinner several times without putting a load back on. I did learn the hard way though that you can't drink rose wine with a fat meal- i didn't realise it was so sugary!
I feel so much better and my eating habits have totally changed - something i was sure wouldn't happen. I was hugely skeptical when i started the diet particularly about the idea that you could lose weight without doing any exercise. Anyway i don't do any regular exercise at the moment (something i now feel i have the energy to change) and have still managed to lose weight. i still can't quite believe it!
The Harcombe Diet - Stop Counting Calories and Start Losing Weight: Diet Book
66 comments| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 February 2010
This is a fantastic accompliment to 'The Harcombe Diet' books. I've been doing the diet for just over 4 weeks and have already lost 12 lbs... thanks to this book, I'm never 'stuck' for what to eat... as a lot of the recipes are simple and use basic ingredients, so you don't have to do a 'special shop' in order to have what you need for the recipes.
I've tried a few and they are delicious!!!!!!! The whole family can enjoy them too as well.
Thanks Zoe and Hubby!
From Gillian x
on 5 July 2012
When this slim little book arrived, my first thought was that it was just an expensive pamphlet. I have never dieted in my life and after reading it (in all of 2 hours) I went for the diet using only the book as guide. I lost 5 pounds in week 1 and have lost a total of 7.5 pounds in 3 weeks and my partner lost 8llbs but the change in our energy levels, sleep pattern complete cur from IBS which has troubled me for 2 years, is quite amazing. I have already persuaded 4 other people to try this diet which is more than a diet but now a lifestyle. Recipe book has now arrived as it seemed the next logical step. The diet is logical but what made me personally go for it was Zoe's attitude to diet, allowing the reader to treat themselves, to still have a few drinks or a bar of chocolate without guilt. It makes it much easier to follow. I still have a long way to go but for the first time ever, I feel I have the tools to do it without making me into a recluse from others. This diet suits both sexes but the book is well directed towards men.
on 27 August 2009
This is a great recipe book...Once you get used to the diet its easy enough to follow. I can recommend the Butternut Squash Curry, its delish' Loads of different idea's for meals and desserts! Its not like being on a diet at all and up to now i have lost 29 lb. This is the most filling diet Ive been on (and ive tried a few!) All my friends want to borrow it, but its mine!!
on 9 November 2009
We thought the book was great although quite repetitive. In 10 days my wife lost 10 lbs and she is not particularly overweight, but needed to drop a dress-size. I am quite a big person and I also lost 10 lbs. We haven't been hungry at all which is the main criteria as far as we are concerned. We have tried not mixing protein and carbs previously but without the 5-day kick start which really works. I certainly rate the book.... but I do miss my glasses of wine at the moment as I live in a hot country!!!
on 1 August 2012
I have been following Zoe Harcombes way of eating for a couple of months now. My main aim was to try and get rid of Candida which was causing me health issues.
It has succeeded in that respect and I've been really pleased.
Unfortunately I was also hoping for some weight loss and I just didn't see it. I stuck rigidly to rules for a few weeks and saw no losses, then inevitably, real life got in the way (eg I wanted some alcohol or had to eat off rule due to being at friends house etc) and I would put on weight but then even after another couple of weeks of sticking to rules rigidly, I wouldn't lose that weight again so became too frustrated and have started looking for other options.
I still agree with the principles of cutting out sugar and processed foods and I know that has been beneficial so I will try and do this where possible but I need to be more relaxed about my food. I also didn't really feel healthy eating this way, I never felt the 'energy' other people talk about & was always tired.
This diet definitely works for some people and has some sound principles so its worth giving it a try to see if it suits you.
on 20 October 2009
This book is fantastic! You will be astounded at the lies that the food industry have spread about food over the last 30 years. You will look at food in a new light and this book will change your life!
on 20 April 2012
I have been on the Harcombe Diet for 2 weeks now, and I have lost 16lbs so far. I think the concept of the diet is well researched and well presented. Superb book.
on 13 August 2012
Bought this book after buying the 'stop counting calories' book by Zoe Harcombe.
I lent the book to a friend and then immediately missed it for all the great ideas on combining and creating different meals. I had to ask for it back.
I love searching the index for inspiration about meals, I have tried lots of the recipes and they are great.
I have followed the diet for almost 7 weeks now and I have lost 30lbs.... Yes.. 30lbs, I'm struggling to believe it myself. It takes willpower to stay on the straight and narrow for the first 5 days but the time goes quickly and the results are mindblowing. You have to experience it for yourself.
I'm a nurse and this regime goes against everything I have ever been taught about healthy eating and weight loss, I struggled to get my head around the concept but I'm eating large meals and not even thinking about food anymore and the weight is melting away.