5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Flossie!!!, 21 Jun 2005
Mrs Jennie L Davies (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
I remember it like it was yesterday. Sat in front of Mrs Evans, engrossed in every word that she said. She was my teacher when I was seven years old and she was reading 'Flossie Teacake's Fur Coat'. It was a story that caught my imagination instantly and from the silence within the classroom every other childs too.
Now 21 years later I read the same story to the children in my class. Inspired from all those years ago it still captures its audience and keeps them hanging on for more. I haven't encountered a single child that hasn't enjoyed this fabulous story, as 9 year old Flossie becomes 'Floz' an amazing eighteen year old and embarks on some hilarious adventures. I cannot recommend this book enough. It is a must for any parent to share with their child and I cant wait to share it with my own children. Thank you so much Mrs Evans for introducing me to this wonderful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An imaginative funny and perceptive book, 30 Sep 2002
Chloe hawkey (Canterbury, England) - See all my reviews
'Flossie Teacake's Fur coat' is a wonderful and amusing book. As in many successful books and stories, the heroine is an ordinary person living an unremarkable life. She longs to be eighteen like her sister so that she can go out and have fun. One day whilst trespassing in her sister's chaotic bedroom, Flossie discovers a fur coat with magical powers. When she puts on the coat it transforms her into an eighteen year old. The adventures of 'Floz' start here!
Hunter Davies manages to capture the mentality of a ten year old girl and combine it with the situations that a teenager might find themselves in, to hilarious effect. It is full of witty dialogue, imaginative situations and perceptive observations on the ideas, thoughts and desires of a girl of ten. The book explores the thoughts and ideas that a child of this age has about growing up and changing. It is easy to identify with Flossie's impatience to be grown up, as well as her attitudes to what she sees throught the eyes of eighteen year old Floz. Through the book the dreams that we've all had about escaping from the tedium of our own dull lives, and doing or saying something daring are realised.
'Flossie Teacake's Fur Coat', and the subsequent books in the series are a great read for any child from about 9-13. Parents and teachers - read this book to your children and I'm sure you'll enjoy them too!

5.0 out of 5 stars The book based on every little girls imagination, 20 April 2001
By A Customer
I read Flossie tea cake's fur coat when I was 10 -I am now 25. I will never forget the amazing stories in this book and how they captured my imagination.
I was sure I could be like flossie. I would secretly wish I had a sister and not two big brothers, then I maybe I would find a magic fur coat in her wardrobe and all my dreams would come true, like flossie
I never did find a magic coat, but I never stopped thinking that one day I might. Even now that I am 25 - I still catch myself thinking of Flossie and wonder what mischief she is getting up to now.
I will treasure the feeling that book instilled in me forever and I will make sure my children get the same pleasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for girls to grow up with!, 20 Feb 2001
By A Customer
Flossie Teacake still remains one of my favourite characters in children's books. Hunter Davies has managed to capture the feelings and aspirations of so many girls of Flossie's age, and given them a wonderfully comic twist. The fact that Flossie is not perfect and "one of us" makes her even more likeable. Definitely a girlie book; a "Brigid Jone's Diary" for tweenies!

5.0 out of 5 stars bought for my kindle, 27 Feb 2013
i bought this for my 10 year old daughter to read on the kindle.
I had this story as a child and i LOVED it, it is a great story about an awkward little girl who i suppose alot of young girls can relate to. Flossie teacake is a fabulous little character and this story is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable to read, 21 Aug 2014
Mrs. D. Y. Alcock "D Y Alcock well read" (Isle of Wight. UK) - See all my reviews
Really enjoyed reading rhis I couldn't put it down.