on 4 July 2012
First of all this is not a power tool, no doubt lots of people will complain it lacks power and so on but is just a hand held mini-vac. The unit is based on a 4.8v rechargeable battery and any expectation of high performance is unrealistic.
Having said that; it is really well designed, easy to use and for a quick clean up is ideal. The whole ORB thing is a gimmick, obviously, but the way it has been implemented is really clever. The stand holds a brush attachment that is the only tool you really need, in a separate clip on bracket that makes whole thing look very neat and compact. The shape simplifies motor placement and means the dust chamber surrounds a simple easy to clean filter unlike the rubbish foam found in some low power hand-helds. The design means you need a clear flat surface for the unit but it has a tiny footprint and is always to hand. Pick up, use, put down and cue meerkat. I find wall mounts a pain and so fiddly it puts me off using the vac so this is ideal but if you want a wall mount this is not the one. Personally I like the blue and white version but I can see Batman using a glossy black version to pick up crumbs (it's sort of "retro-futuristic" if you know what I mean).
PRO: Surprisingly easy to reach in corners with the brush.
Simple and convenient to use.
Compact and very well built.
Easy to empty/clean.
Stylish.
Not too noisy.
CON: Cannot be wall mounted.
Power lead is short and not jacked.
on 3 December 2012
My husband loathed this cute little DustBuster so much that he banished from our home. Here's why (in his words):

"Absolutely everything about the design is terrible. You have to hold down the button the whole time. The vent is on the side so it blows the dust out of your way. And the container that actually holds all the dust is incredibly tiny and difficult to clean.

Basically everything about it that is a Dustbuster is terrible.

It's also way too heavy and awkward to use and it has an incredibly bright charging light."

I, on the other hand, would give it a solid 4 or 5 star rating. I loved the design -- super compact and cute (kinda looks like C3-P0), with a tiny footprint -- fantastic for a modern house. Certainly not my mother's DustBuster! I also found it very comfortable to hold, and didn't mind that the vent blows out on the side: you just have to be careful to hold the vent away from whatever you're cleaning.

The sucking action is also adequately strong. Certainly won't replace a vacuum cleaner (it failed to suck up chunks of my long hair), but I found it perfect for dust bunnies, spilt oats, and cleaning my keyboard.

Due to my husband's loathing (which I could understand, he had valid arguments), I gave this to a friend. She loves it.

A fantastic value and great gift, provided you don't share my husband's complaints.
on 1 April 2012
I have just read the only review for this which is far from flattering. I do not know what the reviewer required the product to do but I have found the opposite for this appliance. I bought the appliance at a local store.It has been a very efficient and lightweight appliance for me to use in he kitchen.I needed it to pick up the spillage of crumbs etc off the kitchen tops which fall onto the floor.I have found it very effective and just right for this job.It is very practical and I keep it on charge on the kitchen top within hands reach. It saves getting out the brush each time there are bits on the kitchen floor. It picks up quickly and efficiently. The container for the dust is easy to undo and empty along with the filter. A little brush is very adequate for cleaning the filter and being able to keep it on charge means it is always functional when needed. I think it is a very good little vacuum cleaner designed for the little pick up jobs. I would recommend it to anyone and I think it is my money well spent.
on 23 February 2012
I bought this to clean teddy bears and pc fans. It works very well on both and I'm sure I'll think of more things. It's not very heavy, and it's a pleasing shape.
on 5 February 2013
For such a small device, i was surprised it works so great. I bought this for my daughter, to clean up the terrible rubber things from the erasers, and it just do the job, plus...it even catches some cat hair from the chairs...so i got more than i expected, plus it really is cool to look at it on the counter.
on 1 August 2012
I love it! The design is fantastic, it looks great wherever you put it. Does the job for vacuum cleaning quickly around the eating table or in the living room. For £30 definitely worth it. Would not pay more for it though.
on 25 July 2012
I really like this vacuum. It's very small, but can suck all the pieces on the table.
I was surprised by its strength, considering its size.
The charging system is really small and well designed.
It's a lot nicer in the kitchen than the standard little vacuum.
A very good value for money.
on 7 April 2013
Grate vacuum with an attractive design.
Very easy to operate and to store.
It has good suction power to clean
on 28 August 2013
The shape of the nozzle - bending in towards the body of this little Hoover basically renders it useless! It picks up small, light bits of dust & dirt but can't get into corners or joints-for instance the kitchen floor along the base of kitchen units to pick up crumbs! This was one of the reasons we bought it so it's quite annoying! I would spend my money on a better design if I were you.
on 3 May 2012
The dustbuster is quite pleasant to look at, so I wouldn't mind leaving it in the sitting room. However, the suction is actually quite weak, even if you just want to suck up the occasional dust or fallen hair that is floating around or on the couch. So.. I would probably give it five star for design, but not for its function.