1 Review

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality but don't have much use for it., 11 Aug 2011
Mina (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scanpan Puff Dumpling Pan (Kitchen & Home)
This is a very high quality product and basically it is used to make round puff pancakes with optional fillings such as jam or chocolate in them.

The problem with this item is that it is very expensive just to make small pancakes in it as you can make normal just as easily in a pan. In the product description it said that it comes with a recipe book, which is actually more of a booklet with about 13 recipes in it to give you an idea of what you can do with this pan. However most of these recipes state that you should use a proper pan ideally for those recipes so they defy the purpose of buying this pan.

I have on top of this bought 2 recipe books to help me get more out of this pan, I thought that as I have spent so much on the pan I may as well invest in some books that can help me get more use and therefore get my money's worth from this item, but they basically also only have pancake recipes.

I would describe this as more of a novelty kitchen ware, basically a very fun idea but not very practical or indeed useful, I do regret wasting my money on this but had genuinely believed it could be used for so much more when I had purchased it and wouldn't want anyone else to have this same misconception when purchasing this item.

Scanpan Puff Dumpling Pan