5.0 out of 5 stars Essential buy for UK Music Management topics
I'm currently studying a BA (Hons) in Music Management & Artist Development at Bucks New University and I can't tell you how important and essential this book is for this course or similar. The book is written with the UK Music Industry in mind where other "essential" books are written with the US Market in mind, which works in a completely different manner...
Published on 3 Oct 2012 by Sunny

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that good
I bought it because my teacher at uni recommended it to us, almost pushed us to it. After reading it I tend to thing he has a percentage of sales because it is quite boring and not that illuminating.

Pretty standard.
Published 8 months ago by soundy

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential buy for UK Music Management topics, 3 Oct 2012

Whether you're a student, employee or looking to progress your band/musician further, I would strongly recommend you buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thorough and informative, 14 Dec 2013
There is a great deal of well explained information in this book. It will take you through the technicalities on which the music business is based, and will be really useful for all who work in this area including artists, agents, lawyers, publishers and other deal makers. I am very grateful to Ann Harrison for laying everything out so clearly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 3 Dec 2012
Well written and easy to understand. Gives you the basic knowledge and keeps the legalese accesible. A must for all musicians who want to ensure they keep up to date on the industry essentials that their career requires

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey, Hey, I Wanna Be A Rockstar, 26 Feb 2014
Michael May "mikemayuk" (Worksop, UK) - See all my reviews
Sorry for the Nickelback - I promise it won't happen again ...

This is the go-to book for anyone who takes their music-making seriously enough to want to make a living out of it and who doesn't want to go into it blindfolded. It covers everything you need to know - I shan't go over what you can find out by looking at the table of contents in the "Click to Look Inside!" version of the book, but it's all there. And I don't want to pop your bubble, but it doesn't take too long before you realise that "Everybody's making it big but me."

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 4 April 2014
Mrs. J. Cornish "jcorn" (Kent) - See all my reviews
Purchased this for my son as he is on a music course, delivery very smooth and as promised to a Locker in nearby shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for All interested in the Music Industry!, 16 Sep 2014
Was advised to get this as part of a business module in the first year of my BMus in Music Performance Degree, I have found it to be hwlpful with my course and with my own career choices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Aug 2014
Arrived promptly and exactly as described, thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 31 Aug 2011
I pre- ordered it online. And I bought it for my girlfriend and she was extremely to happy receive a new edition of Music Business!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best written book ever, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Music: The Business: The Essential Guide to the Law and the Deals (Kindle Edition)
Best book written ever, covers UK and US music business, very useful for students going into the music business
Especially the author being an music solicitor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 July 2014