Style Name: Double Raised|Change
Price:£77.00+ Free shipping

on 15 June 2012
I bought this as an extra bed, when I was expecting guests. My spare room was unfurnished and being decorated, and I needed something that could easily be put in the conservatory.

I suspected that I would probably end up sleeping on it, being gracious and giving my guests a proper bedroom. So I was particularly interested that this bed claimed a maximum weight of 295Kg, which is two fair-sized people. I am a pretty big guy, and previously when sleeping on air beds, I have experienced deflation in then night, as a result, I had always been wary of inflatable beds.

I needn't have worried. When inflated, the bed was almost as firm as a regular bed, and was standed bed height, which made it comfortable getting in and out of it. I slept on it for 3 nights, and had an excellent night's sleep each time, with no let-downs. Since then, I have used it other times, also with a comfortable night's rest.

Inflation and deflation is a doddle, with the integrated pump. The bed also came with a shoulder bag to store it in.

The surface of the bed is flocked, and pleasant to touch, but I prefer to use proper bedding. A double fitted sheet makes this easy - a normal flat unfitted sheet would give you nowhere to tuck it in.
0Comment|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 August 2015
This is quite funny. I got two beds at the same time: Intex Dura-Beam Comfort Plush Elevated Air Bed Single Size and this one. Both have been pumped up and left for two days to check which one will loose more air. They went a bit soft each morning so I pumped them up a bit. This afternoon went into a room and saw Aerobed completely deflated. I pumped it up again and then heard air escaping / spotted a hole on the top surface. No one has ever slept on it. I only lied down twice to check hardness. I was super careful and only lie down with soft cloths that have no sharp objects attached to avoid punctures (my friends warned me before both beds arrived).
I attach a photo of the hole. It looks quite big. I think the seal must have split or machine making those circles did something to it. The other bed is still good and will be tested tonight. I've ordered a replacement of Aerobed and will repeat my test / amend rating if it lasts longer than this one. So disappointed... thought the other cheaper would die first. Also, the Aerobed has a very strong smell when taken out straight from the box so it needs to be out for at least two days before one can sleep without getting sick from it.

UPDATE: 25/09/15: The replacement bed was fine for a couple of nights then started gradually deflating each night. The other pictured Intex bed has been holding air for over 2,5 weeks without the need to pump up. This one required every night and every second day it was unusable due to loosing too much air. I've returned this bed for a refund and am on a hunt for another double rised airbed.

EDIT - 27/08/15: A replacement bed arrived. Had one person sleeping on it one night and fingers-crossed all ok. I even vacuum the floor this time just in case. I have found another down-side of this bed namely the top soft cushion material is catching lint from shedding bed covers/blankets then it's really difficult to get it off. Wash your new blankets before using them or even better use a sheet when out of the box before touching the top or even turning the bed around when it would contact carpet.
review image review image review image review image
on 23 June 2012
I just bought one of these from Argos, needed it sooner so couldn't wait for the posting - cheaper on here though. The bed inflates in about a minute and is so comfortable, no squeeking noises when you turn over or move in the night. It also deflates in a minute and you simply fold and roll and put in the carry case without any hassle. Ideal for guests or a sleepover. Highly recommended.
on 17 December 2014
Unpacked and started using it a few months after it arrived, because that's when I first needed it. It goes flat in the middle of the night, needing constant filling with air. Defeats the purpose. However, I'm now told I can't return it anymore because it's past the 2 week window. Rubbish .......
on 5 February 2014
This is a great item to have if you sometimes have guests over but no real space to put them. When it's packed away it will easily fit into a cupboard somewhere until you need it. When you do have a guest coming over, simply plug it in and switch it on and it will be inflated a few minutes later.

It's comfortable for one, and though it is big enough for two you may find that it's a little bouncy during the night if someone is turning over. However, as it's probably not going to be used for a permanent bed that shouldn't really be a concern.

To pack it away is also very simple...just open up a large flat at the opposite end to where the power controls are and the air comes whoosing out ready for you to start rolling it up and putting back in the bag.

This version seems much lighter than one of the same brand/style I borrowed from a friend 5 years ago, so it's good to see improvements have been made in the power size and weight.

On my carpet after a few days it did seem to attract a lot of hair which stuck to the underside, but turning the item on it's side while inflated and giving a quick hoover cleaned it up well enough and was ready to pack away again. It probably says more about the state of my carpet than this item though :)

If you want something that will spend more time in a cupboard than in use, I would definitely recommend this product.
on 28 March 2013
This bed is brilliant, it is very stable and comfy, inflates and deflates very quickly. I still have it inflated in my pare room after 3 months.
on 25 August 2013
Great purchase. Have been using it for about 2 weeks now as we wait for our bed to be delivered. Comfortable, so easy to use. Great buy!
on 11 October 2012
This product is excellent. I did not believe the claim re inflating and deflating but it performs exactly as promised.
on 5 August 2013
Does exactly what it says on the tin. Large single mattress, rather comfy for a blow-up bed, easy and quick to inflate/deflate. If you have hard floors consider having a sheet underneath as the airbed squeaks every time you move!
on 8 September 2012
purchased aerobed for occasional use for guest's,the verdict was extremley comfy, better than their own bed only problem was roll to,they both finished up in the middle,having said that ,it was still the best nights sleep,they both had ,and would sleep on it again