4.0 out of 5 stars small for cupcake portions
I had purchased this to assist with adding cupcake batter to the cases. I found that the two tablespoons size of this scoop is closer to one tablespoon and I had to put two scoops of batter in each case.

Published on 20 Dec 2011 by Big Mama

2.0 out of 5 stars Not 2 Tablespoons!!
I had a scoop that I was using for cupcakes but it was just too big, I measured it and it held 3 tablespoons so I thought this one at 2 tablespoons would be perfect but it holds less than 2, in fact I would say nearer to 1!
It's a shame as it looks a good sturdy scoop but not big enough for my needs and not the measurement it says!
Published on 23 Sep 2012 by MhairiHamnah

4.0 out of 5 stars small for cupcake portions, 20 Dec 2011
Big Mama "BM" (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon Medium Baking and Ice Cream Scoop, 2 Tablespoon, Blue (Kitchen & Home)

I was annoyed at this and was on the verge of returning the item, when I discovered that it was the ideal size for scooping butter icing into my piping bag. I will keep it for that purpose as it does help cut down on the mess for that.

If you are looking for a scoop for cupcake batter, go for the larger size. The scoop itself is very robust and seems like it will last forever.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not 2 Tablespoons!!, 23 Sep 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Kuhn Rikon Medium Baking and Ice Cream Scoop, 3 Jan 2013
I use the Kuhn Rikon Medium Baking and Ice Cream Scoop along with its smaller 1-Tablespoon sibling quite often. Mostly either for batter, measuring peanut butter/coconut oil and for making perfectly sized meatballs. The material is sturdy, the scoop empties very easily. Overall very handy tool

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after first use, 21 July 2012
While trying portion out chocolate chip cookies for the first time with this scoop, the mechanism which clears the scoop came out of alignment. It continues to slip out and I need to re-adjust this constantly. For the amount of money paid, I expected a much more robust product. Do not purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke first time I used it., 17 Dec 2014
Erin Gallagher "Bewitched Wicked" (Reading, England) - See all my reviews
Broke the first time I used it. Was using it on cookie dough, wasn't particularly tough dough either. Dasher now sits outside of the scoop, and barely enters it when you squeeze. Absolutely useless for cookie dough at this point (or anything else for that matter, but I haven't tried anything else). Would have returned it, but it was past the return date by the time I had used it for the first time. Highly disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish, 7 July 2014
Absolute rubbish. Broke in less than a week !!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 1 Feb 2013
perfect for mini cucpakes or sorbet. its very good quality and very easy to use and clean. would def be happy to reccomend.

4.0 out of 5 stars with one reserve, 2 May 2012
I find this size best for biscuits but after having had a problem with the 3tbs size will be cautious about the stiffness of the cake mix in the future. I also use this size for buns, but the larger one for muffins.

The whole set have very good non-slip handles which are easy to use even for those of us with certain dexterity difficulties due to the lightness of the mechanism.

Kuhn Rikon Medium Baking and Ice Cream Scoop, 2 Tablespoon, Blue