5.0 out of 5 stars Low profile, high performance for the price.
On my system this memory gets 7.6 out of 7.9 in the Windows Experience Scores (64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium). That's with "optimized defaults" loaded in BIOS - no special tweaks. Another reviewer refers to getting 7.8 out of 7.9 so maybe some tweaks are needed.

Published on 26 May 2012 by CA Pearse

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product fast delivery poor packaging
The product it's self is very good and came on time. The main reason why this did not get 5 starts was the fact that the item only came packed in 2 bags. This has caused the box to become damaged and the plastic protecting the ram sticks has cracked
Published 1 month ago by Ben

5.0 out of 5 stars Low profile, high performance for the price., 26 May 2012
CA Pearse (West Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance Low Profile 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Black (Personal Computers)

Like some other reviewers, I had to manually set the memory to run at 1600Mhz - the auto default seemed to be 1333Mhz (which is odd for memory sold as 1600Mhz, but maybe that is down to the motherboard). Changing it to 1600Mhz in BIOS didn't seem to have any effect on the Windows performance scores though.

I'm using this with
* Gigabyte motherboard: Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-UD5H Wi-Fi Motherboard and
* Intel CPU: Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU (4 x 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Oct 2011
At first i'd bought the vengance memory with the high coolers but due to having the Mugen 2 Rev B cooler fitted i realised i hadn't much overhead clearance in the RAM slots so i had to go for these LP (Low Profile) versions. They work perfect, performance is great and cooling is not an issue even though they're 1600 Mhz @ 1.5v. Well recnmennded and their low profile great for system builders og high end machines. Their profile is under 30mm compared to the ones with the high coolers which reach over 54mm, lesson here, check your clearance if your memory slots are obstructed by an aftermarket cooler. Been using them six months now and never a glitch or blue screen in sight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 17 Mar 2012
This ram works smoothly with a lot of power. I got the low profile version because I was worried about the heat sink getting in the the way, but with these it was easy to get in around the cooler. Great ram, works brilliantly, what more can I say?

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well in my new gaming pc., 6 Oct 2012
I purchased this RAM for my new gaming pc and it performs perfectly, easy to install and runs like a dream. Although like another reviewer I did have to manually set the clock speed to 1600MHz in my Asus BIOS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Fast Fast, 7 Sep 2012
William Hueston "Ballymena" (N. Iriland) - See all my reviews
A Great product and will add that Extra Punch to your Game experience, giveing you that little bit more when you need it most! http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00569K7LM/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, 16 April 2012
I recently upgraded my computer and as a result of browsing reviews chose some Corsair Vengeance RAM for my system, I chose to buy a set of the low profile RAM due to the size of the fins on the regular version obstructing the placement of my CPU cooler, I decided to go half and half with the low profile and regular version and once I got it running I have had no issues. I was pleased that I managed to get the RAM running at 1600 MHz with a Phenom II X4 955, which apparently supports up to 1333 MHz, but after a bit of tweaking in the BIOS, I managed to get the RAM to run at its native speed without any issues.

Good performance at a decent price, would definitely recommend either version of this RAM.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best option with aftermarket CPU coolers., 22 Feb 2012
I just built a new gaming rig and was delighted that Corsair released the vengeance series in Low Profile. I could not fit memory with large cooling fins due to them fouling up on the after-market cooler I had decided upon.

This issue is dependent on your Mobo configuration and may not apply to everyone. Personally I used an Asus FX990 Sabertooth Mobo and an Arctic Freezer 13 Pro CPU cooler which would not have been possible with the extended fins of the extreme cooling version of this memory.
I have not found any issues with this blisteringly fast memory despite them being 'Low Profile' and heartily recommend this product to anyone building a new or upgrading an old system.

Once again Corsair have produced an excellent product that does exactly what it says on the tin. And at such a reasonable price too!!

As an additional afterthought only, I intend to overclock my system to get the most from my CPU and Mobo but I can see no reason to even attempt to overclock this memory, its performance is simply that good and so fast I do not need to.

Thank you Corsair, and thank you Amazon for providing a delivery service that had this in my system one working day after I ordered it 'free delivery'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great RAM, 3 Oct 2012
J. D. sousa "Jack DS" (england) - See all my reviews
Great good value RAM, has taken my PC up to 16GB now. Runs smoothly. Smaller than my other two RAM sticks with the heat sink on them which was handy as it doesn't interfere with my beast of a CPU cooler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Corsair LP RAM, 22 Sep 2012
Used this for my first build and it was very simple to install- just clicks into place. There is also good clearance for larger heat sinks. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top rate, excellent price!, 21 Jun 2012
M. R. Jones (Plymouth, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Before I decided to buy this, I was having extreme issues with memory failure and needed something quick. I admit I bought this based purely on the price, and a quick look at the star score.

I am so happy I did! everything works snappingly, no errors or crashed at all since I installed the modules.

A great buy if you want to upgrade, or like me are having random RAM problems.