4.0 out of 5 stars Cute but could have been slightly bigger
Published on 24 April 2012 by TheatreFan

3.0 out of 5 stars The Bowl Changed Colour After One Use
I used this masher to mash down boiled carrots for my 6 month old. They were still kind of thick and when I went back to wash this masher bowl, there was a colour stain at the bottom. The bowl had turned from light blue to green. The instructions say harsh chemicals or substances like tomato sauce can damage the bowl... but carrots? I likes the convenience of a hand...
Published 4 months ago by LC

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute but could have been slightly bigger, 24 April 2012
This review is from: Annabel Karmel Food Masher and Bowl (Baby Product)
I have just started weaning my baby and was really excited to buy this product as it's really cute! It's of good quality and pretty to look at and i am finding it quite useful for mashing small portions of soft fruits. The ridged half of the bowl is particularly effective for mashing. However, the reason i didn't i didn't rate this product any higher is because i feel that the bowl could have been a little bigger, to accomodate bigger portions as baby gets older. I have been mashing half an avocado, or half a banana, at a time and am finding that unless i am really careful the food spills out of the sides of the bowl during mashing, which is very annoying! The masher is also a little awkward to use due to its small size. The ridged half of the bowl also requires careful cleaning after use as food residues don't come out that easily. On the plus side, you can feed baby straight from the bowl and i'm sure it will come in handy when i'm out and about with baby. I'd much prefer to carry this cute little thing around than have to always remember to pack a fork and bowl when i go out!

* UPDATE 3rd August 2012 * My baby is now 8 and a half months and i felt the need to update this review as i have been using the masher quite regularly in the last few weeks. Whilst the above is still true, i have found that i am using the masher on its own frequently with my baby's weaning bowls and it is a really useful little gadget! Whilst using it with the bowl that it comes with was restrictive and often quite messy, i find that when using it with other slightly bigger bowls, it is fantastic and mashes food perfectly and with no mess! It's very convenient to use and saves me from dirtying an adult-sized masher for a small portion of food. I now find that i carry the masher, minus the bowl, around with me when i'm out and about. So i have now changed my rating from 3 stars to 4 as the masher is proving to be very useful. I still can't rate it 5 stars as the bowl is pretty much redundant now as i never use it.

4.0 out of 5 stars speedy masher, 23 Sep 2011
This review is from: Annabel Karmel Food Masher and Bowl (Baby Product)
Quick and easy to use, great for banana, mango and any other soft fruit and veg. It doens't take up much room in the cupboard and you can use it to feed straight from as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Animals of All Ages Who Need Their Food Mashed As Well As Babies, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: Annabel Karmel Food Masher and Bowl (Baby Product)
. I was going to buy a blender especially for mashing my senior dogs food as he finds it hard to chew and often eat himself now as he has dementia and so food almost pureed makes it easier to feed him, when I came across this product and through for the price will try it and am glad I did, it does the job perfectly.

The masher can be used both in its own bowl or with any other bowl or plate ( although be careful if you use a plate as food can slide off.

If you have the strength you could I feel use it for food ( home made or bought) that is firm but I only use it for either my own homemade but well cooked, so soft, or pouches or trays of dog food ( would work with canned easily as well, I just don't buy them as he won't eat them).

For a few minutes work you save yourself having to plug in and fill up a blender then have the trouble of cleaning it out, this masher and bowl are so easy to clean and are fine in the dishwasher.

My hands are not particularity big so find the masher just the right size for me to hold and use. Its of a chunky enough design not to feel as you mash the food that it is going to fall apart in your hands. The bowl is very small - useful for a baby that is just starting to be weaned or an animal that only has very small portions so depending on what I know my dog will eat I sometimes use the masher with its own bowl or sometimes in one of my dogs own bowls.

Definitely a handy thing to have in your kitchen for any food you find yourself mashing with a fork - as long as its soft or well cooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Masher to impress, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Annabel Karmel Food Masher and Bowl (Baby Product)
Very quick coming through. It certainly mashes well. Very impressed. Lovely colour and very solid for plastic item.Thank you A+

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it., 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Annabel Karmel Food Masher and Bowl (Baby Product)
I use this masher everyday. Mostly for mashing bananas at breakfast. Yes you could mash them with a fork on a plate but this serves as a nice bowl as well. My son gets excited when he sees me mashing things in his bowl. Good quality too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Annabel Karmel Food Masher and Bowl (Baby Product)
Absolutely love this. I don't puree anything instead use this. Great for mashing so it's manageable for our 6 month old but still with a little texture.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Annabel Karmel Food Masher and Bowl (Baby Product)
A good masher for boiled carrots, potatoes, and blueberry. Easy to use and clean. A little small but it does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Quick, easy, no waste, super masher, 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: Annabel Karmel Food Masher and Bowl (Baby Product)
Bought this for my daughter weaning her first baby ... She found the blender tricky and wasteful. This little masher and bowl works a dream, we love it! Wish I'd had one of these! Just the right size for mashing small quantities, the ridges in the bowl help the mashing, the masher is comfortable to hold for both left handers and right handers. An excellent purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, 25 Nov 2012
This review is from: Annabel Karmel Food Masher and Bowl (Baby Product)
Great little masher. Does the job well. Been able to mash up all my little princess veggies and fruits nicely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what it says on the tin!, 29 Nov 2011
This review is from: Annabel Karmel Food Masher and Bowl (Baby Product)
This is simple and works very well, I have used it for last minute meals on the go for mashing up a banana. I would recommend it.

Annabel Karmel Food Masher and Bowl