on 22 May 2012
My 6 yr old loves puzzles, loves maps & wanted this type of globe, so this was just perfect. What really impressed me was the incredible detail...in addition to the names of places, there are symbols, like animals, showing what the areas are known for. We could spend the rest of the year studying everything on this globe, and then some.

The best part is that the pieces are a hard plastic with enough thickness that you don't have to worry about accidentally cracking a piece when you're putting this together. We chose to use the numbers to put it together. It was a great rainy day activity - nice time away from the TV!

I homeschool (and I've worked as a tutor in the past), and I think this is a great teaching tool, especially if your children are visual learners.
on 31 January 2013
We had another puzzleball jigsaw given to us that my son thoroughly enjoyed doing so we bought this one for his Christmas. He had great fun doing it however many of the pieces were difficult to put together and didn't stay together. Once complete it looked great however when we took the jigsaw to bits for the first time many of the pieces broke. The globe holder thingy also broke very easily and isn't the easiest thing to fix. I am now trying to glue it altogether so at least we can enjoy the globe!! All in all disappointing!!
on 28 January 2012
While this puzzle engaged an eight year old while it was being assembled, turning it on the stand to identify places he was interested in proved a problem because the stand soon parted company with the globe holder.
on 29 February 2012
my 9 year old son bought this globe once he started making it could nt stop until he had finished it. Fun to make and useful after.
on 13 June 2012
A great aid to show your child wherw countries are in the world, especially if you've travelled or taken them on holiday. Showing where animals come from is also very educational
on 5 January 2014
Bought for my 9 year old daughter who loved it.Very easy to complete. Good, sturdy pieces with the backs numbered to show which order to complete, although you could do it by looking at the front of the puzzle. The size of the puzzle means that the actual detail about the countries is limited, but gives a good sense of the position and size of countries/continents. Other reviewers said that the stand was flimsy, but had no problems fitting the completyed globe onto the stand. Well worth it.
on 26 December 2013
I got this for my 8 year old nephew who is quite into geography at the moment and it said age appropriate for him. I ended up making it myself as he quickly lost interest in it. I can't imagine many 7-8 year olds (it says from ages 7 upwards) having the patience or attention span to finish it. It looks lovely finished on the stand though and the detail is great, so not a negative review I hope!
on 1 February 2016
My daughter LOVED this! The fact that the pieces are numbered on the back enables quick completion (once sorted in numerical order), and perhaps this would be the only slight - it didn't take very long for a 5 year old. My daughter absolutely loved making this - the first time - and loves it as a globe now BUT for me as the "money-giver" of this item, I can't help but feel that it might become a novelty item (unless being used to search for geographical places).
on 5 April 2016
My daughter got globe puzzle for 6th birthday, did puzzle almost independently in a couple of sittings , I had to drag her away from it when we were going out. She has then really enjoyed using it as a globe. Highly recommend if you have child that enjoys puzzles and atlas'. Quality seems fine, did wArn her that it is delicate given some reviews.
on 31 December 2013
The globe fits together very well and spins freely. My six year old son made it on his own (using the numbers on the back of each piece) and has the option of building it in the future like ordinary puzzle using the map instead of the numbers. He loves this globe and so we both recommend it both as a fun puzzle and an educational tool.