1,010 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent battery
I am always dubious of buying batteries from manufactures I have no experience with. A lot of batteries are of low quality and don't work as well as originals even if they are supposed to be better. This is not the case with this Anker battery.

Published on 5 Sept. 2011 by Mr. JJ Cassidy

1.0 out of 5 stars This battery is not fit for the purpose for which ...
Published 10 months ago by Olivetree

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent battery, 5 Sept. 2011
Mr. JJ Cassidy (N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S2 II GT-I9100, Galaxy S2 II I9100, Galaxy S2 II 9100G, EB-F1A2GBU (Electronics)

The look and feel of a battery isn't something that you usually worry about but this Anker battery is solid and the labels covering the cell are on firmly - basically it doesn't feel cheap or that corners were cut. I have noticed the battery is slightly bigger than the standard Samsung battery for the Galaxy S II but it still works perfectly with all accessories and the back cover of the phone still fits (albeit more snugly).

The performance of the battery was surprising for the price. An official Samsung battery for the phone costs three times as much as this battery but is outperformed. I noticed modest gains in battery life - 1 hour on standby, 30 minutes of music and about 20 minutes on a call but these are real world gains, not promises. One surprising thing I noticed was how cool the battery ran. If you have used the Galaxy S II heavily you will have noticed the heat of the battery and the area around the camera. This battery does not get as hot as the standard battery under heavy use which is a surprising welcome.

The Anker battery works superbly as a replacement for the original or as an extended battery. Basically this battery is cheap, last longer than the standard battery, runs cooler and is solidly built. I can't think of any reasons why you should not purchase this for the Galaxy S II.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exemplary customer service, 27 Jun. 2014
I bought this to replace a 3 year old samsung battery. Unfortunately, it's performance was disappointing and similar to the very old samsung one. However, anker contacted me themselves to ask how I was finding the product, and I told them that it was performing poorly. They advised me that it must be defective and offered to send a replacement straight away without needing the original battery to be returned. I have found their customer service to be truly excellent and a pleasure to deal with. Thus, I think people should feel confident in buying from them- safe in the knowledge that if the product does happen to perform poorly- anker will be quick to solve the issue.

1.0 out of 5 stars This battery is not fit for the purpose for which ..., 19 July 2014
This battery is not fit for the purpose for which it is sold. It does not work on a Samsung Galaxy 2 GT-19100. This phone was working before I had to replace the battery. When I put it in, it worked for a short period of time, then froze and stopped working altogether. I have had it evaluated, and something has blown inside. Be warned. I wish I had listened to a previous warning on the reviews.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money !, 8 Jan. 2014
Scunnered "scunnered" (GLASGOW, SCOTLAND United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As this battery seemed to be best one on the market I opted for it . Alas ,no better than the one it replaced . To their credit Anker sent me numerous emails on how to get a replacement / refund . As it entailed phoning a free phone number in the USA. I never bothered as I would have to have paid for the call .
If I had known that it was a foreign company , I would have opted for something else .
Would I use this company again , definitely not .
PS my first review vanished into cyberspace .

2.0 out of 5 stars Design fault when used in the UK Orange Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100P., 12 Nov. 2014
I was using this in a Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100P (the UK Orange / EE model) so this may be a very slightly different design.

I can't fault Anker's customer service, but there seems to be a design fault on this battery. I have been using this product for one year. I bought two replacements as my original Samsung SII wasn't holding charge. They were great for a month or so, but I was swapping batteries and have encountered a re-occurring fault. There is a moulded plastic part of the battery, right next to the battery contacts that is designed to take a slot from the phone and keep the battery in place and secure. This moulded bit snaps off (it's only a millimetre of plastic at most), but this then means that the battery isn't secure in the phone, comes loose, breaks contact and turns the phone off intermittently, even whilst just sitting in your pocket.

I have had three further replacements from Anker (all free, no extra postage, didn't have to send back the original, great customer service), but the fault re-appeared now on all five batteries. I explained the issue, each time I complained. My original Samsung, which I still hot swap in and out (just less charge) is still fine, and no damage to these parts. This original battery has been swapped in far more times than any of the replacements. I still can use the batteries, but have to sellotape them in place to stop the phone turning off. Very frustrating. Anker have offered me a full refund for the batteries, so I have no quibble there.

There does, however, seem to be a design fault on this battery, though maybe when only used with the I9100P model as I can't see any other complaints. Picture shows original Samsung in fron, Anker behind, with damage to far top right of battery, but intact on Samsung.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an improvement!, 1 Jan. 2014
Bought as a much needed upgrade for my sons phone - the battery on its last legs after two years of constant use. By diligently following the charging advice he now has a phone that will more than last the length of the average teenage day (29 hours at the last estimate!)

When the time comes, I intend to use the company again for my own galaxy SIII.

I am WELL impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery! Just keeps on going!, 2 Oct. 2011
stoosh "mr_stoosh" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I'm a little dubious about using batteries that are are supplied by other manufacturers as they are usually very cheap and poorly made.

However the Anker battery blew all my misconceptions out the water. The first thing you notice how well made it is, and looks like a high quality product and not like it's cheap counterparts.

I really haven't had problems with the original Samsung Galaxy S2 battery however being a mid to heavy user I needed a battery with extra capacity just to be on the safe side.

First of all the Anker battery fits very well and other owners will be pleased to know that it does not interfere with the cases that you use. The back cover of the Samsung Galaxy S2 fits as usual, enabling users to fit their case with no issues, unlike the official Samsung Galaxy S2 extended battery which costs three times as much!

Peformance wise, the battery certainly delivers, I put it through it's paces with heavier than usual 3G browsing and playing MP3's encoded at a high bit rate of 320 kps. I am pleased to say that from switching the phone on from 0600 hours and getting home at 2000 hours there was 53% battery left, which is extremely impressive!

For those looking for a replacement battery or even a higher capacity battery look no further than the Anker battery for the price and the performance it certainly delivers!

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely useless. Runs flat o/night w phone switched off!, 11 July 2014
C. Nation "chrisnation" (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
Terrible. Runs 100% flat o/night even with phone switched off! Turned off Bluethooth/GPS/data. Since installing to my S2 l have had to charge it every morning and at least once more every day. I am suspicious about how quickly it goes from 100% flat to '100% charged'. Like other 'fakes', there may well be a mere spot of Li-ion inside. I've had this short-filling in cheap bats before.

My original Sam batt is still holding 95% charge since being swapped out on Mon 7th July. This Anker runs flat 2 x /day! Rubbish. Avoid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hate it!, 21 Jun. 2013
The charge is not 1900mAh. It surely does only perform on par as 2years old Samsung original 1650mAh battery. A lot of time phone suddenly dies even when battery shows some charge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 26 April 2014
Lasts much longer than my old battery and loads longer than I ever remember the standard one lasting for. An excellent purchase. Good value for money.