5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent battery
I am always dubious of buying batteries from manufactures I have no experience with. A lot of batteries are of low quality and don't work as well as originals even if they are supposed to be better. This is not the case with this Anker battery.

Published on 5 Sep 2011 by Mr. JJ Cassidy

3.0 out of 5 stars Phone battery discharges too quickly
Wrote initially to say working ok but now even after 4-5w use, charge does not last for more than 4-5 hours. As there is no option for replacement through Amazon ( third party product), have opted for Refunb
Published 3 months ago by R. R. Kulkarni

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent battery, 5 Sep 2011
Mr. JJ Cassidy (N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S2 II GT-I9100, Galaxy S2 II I9100, Galaxy S2 II 9100G, EB-F1A2GBU (Electronics)

The look and feel of a battery isn't something that you usually worry about but this Anker battery is solid and the labels covering the cell are on firmly - basically it doesn't feel cheap or that corners were cut. I have noticed the battery is slightly bigger than the standard Samsung battery for the Galaxy S II but it still works perfectly with all accessories and the back cover of the phone still fits (albeit more snugly).

The performance of the battery was surprising for the price. An official Samsung battery for the phone costs three times as much as this battery but is outperformed. I noticed modest gains in battery life - 1 hour on standby, 30 minutes of music and about 20 minutes on a call but these are real world gains, not promises. One surprising thing I noticed was how cool the battery ran. If you have used the Galaxy S II heavily you will have noticed the heat of the battery and the area around the camera. This battery does not get as hot as the standard battery under heavy use which is a surprising welcome.

The Anker battery works superbly as a replacement for the original or as an extended battery. Basically this battery is cheap, last longer than the standard battery, runs cooler and is solidly built. I can't think of any reasons why you should not purchase this for the Galaxy S II.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exemplary customer service, 27 Jun 2014
I bought this to replace a 3 year old samsung battery. Unfortunately, it's performance was disappointing and similar to the very old samsung one. However, anker contacted me themselves to ask how I was finding the product, and I told them that it was performing poorly. They advised me that it must be defective and offered to send a replacement straight away without needing the original battery to be returned. I have found their customer service to be truly excellent and a pleasure to deal with. Thus, I think people should feel confident in buying from them- safe in the knowledge that if the product does happen to perform poorly- anker will be quick to solve the issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery! Just keeps on going!, 2 Oct 2011
stoosh "mr_stoosh" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I'm a little dubious about using batteries that are are supplied by other manufacturers as they are usually very cheap and poorly made.

However the Anker battery blew all my misconceptions out the water. The first thing you notice how well made it is, and looks like a high quality product and not like it's cheap counterparts.

I really haven't had problems with the original Samsung Galaxy S2 battery however being a mid to heavy user I needed a battery with extra capacity just to be on the safe side.

First of all the Anker battery fits very well and other owners will be pleased to know that it does not interfere with the cases that you use. The back cover of the Samsung Galaxy S2 fits as usual, enabling users to fit their case with no issues, unlike the official Samsung Galaxy S2 extended battery which costs three times as much!

Peformance wise, the battery certainly delivers, I put it through it's paces with heavier than usual 3G browsing and playing MP3's encoded at a high bit rate of 320 kps. I am pleased to say that from switching the phone on from 0600 hours and getting home at 2000 hours there was 53% battery left, which is extremely impressive!

For those looking for a replacement battery or even a higher capacity battery look no further than the Anker battery for the price and the performance it certainly delivers!

5.0 out of 5 stars What an improvement!, 1 Jan 2014
Bought as a much needed upgrade for my sons phone - the battery on its last legs after two years of constant use. By diligently following the charging advice he now has a phone that will more than last the length of the average teenage day (29 hours at the last estimate!)

When the time comes, I intend to use the company again for my own galaxy SIII.

I am WELL impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 26 April 2014
Lasts much longer than my old battery and loads longer than I ever remember the standard one lasting for. An excellent purchase. Good value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Phone battery discharges too quickly, 16 Jun 2014
R. R. Kulkarni "ruparch" (Redditch UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars acceptable quality, 16 Jun 2014
The battery is not exceptional, but does the job. An acceptable replace for the OEM battery, in view of fact that are so many fake batteries on Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Holds slightly better than original, 16 Jun 2014
Bought as replacement during my trekking trip and it held really well, on plane mode it was holding two days.
On normal mode it still holds really well, I still have quite a bit left at the end of the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with its performance so far, 20 Dec 2013
I thought carefully about whether to buy a non-genuine Samsung product or not. However, the reviews mostly seemed v positive on Amazon so I thought I would give it a go. Also, by buying on credit card, I believe I'm covered even if Amazon should refuse to refund for it.

However, I'm really pleased. My original Samsung battery had been wearing down and the phone needed charging throughout the day. Now, the phone seems to last much longer and needs charging less regularly. So I'm very happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars This battery is not fit for the purpose for which ..., 19 July 2014
This battery is not fit for the purpose for which it is sold. It does not work on a Samsung Galaxy 2 GT-19100. This phone was working before I had to replace the battery. When I put it in, it worked for a short period of time, then froze and stopped working altogether. I have had it evaluated, and something has blown inside. Be warned. I wish I had listened to a previous warning on the reviews.