Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 28 June 2012
This offering is incredible on so many levels. Firstly the bizarrely overlooked Jamal is in scorching form throughout all twelve tracks. Secondly, the re-mastered sound is of the highest quality, every note clear and sharp. Thirdly, should I need to point out, an incredibly low price! If you love jazz piano, or simply any music of genius, do not hesitate. Buy!
on 29 December 2011
I've been waiting a while for the release on CD of Poinciana Revisited, if only for the heartbreakingly lovely Valley of the Dolls theme. There are many other good items here, and the live numbers include a good version of the often-played Poinciana. You need to hear at least one of the versions of Poinciana - Jamal's big hit - if only for the groundbreaking drum riff. Lovely stuff and very stylish and original. A welcome contrast to some of the charmless navel gazing of the modern clutch of "abstract" pianists out of the ECM mould.
on 27 April 2013
I fully concur with preceding reviewers. Ahmad Jamal (previously known as Frederick R. Jones) is seriously overlooked and his innovation is simply awe inspiring. Regardless of the quality or compilation of material chosen by the record label for this album which some reviewers have chosen to criticise, this album is excellent value and I have had more than my money’s worth since downloading it three days ago. I have a long list of favourite Jazz pianists and I refuse to compare artists but if I ever were to be banished to a desert island, I would just have to take Ahmad Jamal’s music with me.
Highly recommended to anybody who loves Jazz. Take a listen to Blue Moon.
Enjoy and Happy Listening.
on 26 April 2014
I love this album! It's Blakey, all right -- unmistakable style and sound -- and it's good that these old LPs are being remastered onto modern CD format.
on 1 January 2013
Excellent value for the money ,its for the jazz enthusiats .and if you are just starting in to Jazz well worth the listen .Ken
on 26 January 2013
Pick it up while you can- very good price, digital booklet and all. If you love jazz piano you'll love this.
on 24 March 2013
For me, Ahmad Jamal is the best (sorry Oscar, I like you too),he is the artist well ahead his time! For those about the jazz, I recommend this cd!
on 8 September 2014
Wonderful.
on 27 December 2012
This one was was not as good as the rest i bought it has not stayed the test of time