4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed.
Published 7 months ago by Claralou

3.0 out of 5 stars I love this guy as a comedian and was looking forward ...
Published 4 months ago by Kindle Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed., 7 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
Just finished this book and really enjoyed it. Some parts really made me laugh to the extent that I repeated them to other people. Was also nice comparing to experiences from my own childhood. Only downside was that it is childhood/early adulthood memoir and as a result doesn't cover when Jason became famous or any anecdotes from this time which I would have liked to read. This did not take away from my enjoyment of the book however. In short this is quite a heartwarming book that I would recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars I love this guy as a comedian and was looking forward ..., 18 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
I love this guy as a comedian and was looking forward to seeing his humour in words. I wasn't dissapointed. As story telling goes Jason is a natural and had me laughing out loud. I was on the verge of giving it 5 stars towards the end of the book. Then why didn't I? The end made me sad. It was as if someone had ripped a few chapters out. It skipped many years. Years that I would have thought were important. His rise to national public fame as a top comedian, his stage career, television career, getting married, having the twins, and even maybe his ahem indiscretions. Still a good read though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fat Michael Owen, 8 Nov. 2011
This awesome autobiography had me in tears of laughter, the stories (and the pictures) were hilarious. Would recommend this book for a good read and a good laugh too!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous and Honest Story, 15 Nov. 2011
I've done nothing for two days because I couldn't put this book down. A great read. It took me right back, but to my kids childhood rather than my own. What a wonderful family Jason has. The honestly in his writing comes over well. He's done a really good job. It's a very entertaining and well written account of a young but certainly action packed life. Strangely enough I live on the same Stockport road as Jason, although I don't know him personally, and can tell you that the tree he mentions at the front of his house with the Christmas lights was quite magnificent last year. Now I need to pluck up the courage to knock on his door and get my book signed! Well done, Jason. You're a true star and your mum and dad must be so very proud of you. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brung Up Proper ... Really?, 18 Oct. 2011
Jason doesn't disappoint with this 'laugh out loud' funny book crammed full of anecdotes of his misspent youth. It doesn't quite draw a parallel with my own (thank goodness), but his references to 80's and 90's Northern working-class family struggles, fashions, priorities and suchlike are absolutely 'bob on!' It was pretty much 'unputdownable' and I had it wrapped within a week ... a cracker of a read for Northern, Jason, Comedy lovers!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 5 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
Where is the actual story of Jason's rise to fame
This book has no depth, no real engaging storey telling. 70% covers in an erratic and not terribly entertaining way, Jasons childhood and first attempts at stand up. Then all of a sudden, he's married with twins, a pregnant wife, and it ends. Compared to John Bishop, Michael Mckintyre and Johnny Vegas, this book doesn't stand up at all in interesting entertainment. Obviously left room for the next book , which is ridiculous as this attempt desperately needed more content, less padding. Disappointing

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, 30 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
l loved this book purely because it was nostalgic for the 70's I have rarely seen Jason Manford but believe he is a good comic I read it after reading Alan Carr's autobiography it didn't compare as Alan's upbringing was more middle class but Jason's book was equally funny I think his parents were hysterical it has it all from his first paper round to his first sexual encounter well worth a read

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring up proper by Jason Manford, 9 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
I gave this a 5 star rating as I smiled all the way through the warmth, wit and memories Jason brought to me each page and chapter.
If you've had a 'proper' happy and normal upbringing, you will definitely connect with Jason . Gutted it is finished, write more Jason, you have a talent for writing as well as stand up.loved this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars top read from a top bloke!!, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
Great insight into Jason's life and how he got where he is today. I'm not normally a reader but once I started I couldn't put it down. I've seen Jason live, seen the DVD's and follow him on social networks and this just shows although a big name in comedy that he's a normal down to earth family man like any other!! Nice work!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
Hysterical read about the lad growing up, I was literally in tears of laughter at some parts... a must read!

Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography