Style Name: Trust Remo USB 2.0 Speaker Set|Change

on 25 March 2015
I needed to improve the very poor speaker output on a new desktop computer monitor . These little speakers are perfect for my needs. The sound output from these will deafen the whole household if put on maximum volume. I do not expect top end hi fi sound reproduction for the price I paid . I consider the sound output better than the average radio and if,like me, that is what you want then you cannot go wrong with these. I have tucked them behind the monitor and out of sight and the sound is still satisfactory. I have set the volume on the speaker to the highest I will need and thereafter control the volume off the computer. I cannot say how durable they will prove to be but the build quality looks OK Supplied by Fuzion off Amazon within 48 hours post free. Well pleased.
on 19 March 2015
these speaker are great for there price hence the 4th star however the music quality and volumer are acceptable (idont listen to booming music but do love a good singalong and dont like the sound of my voice) these cover my aweful screeching just fine with good quality treble and vocals, the bass is definatly there but thesse are much more tweeters than sub's (obviously) they are let down by a couple of things firstly the actual design flaw, when there is no music being played and the speakers are on the level of white noise is WAY above what it should be (only benefit i guess is it will make people energy conscious) my other issue is the USB power i thought i would be ok with it but all the USB cables now coming from my USB hub is just annoying now and very messy, were it a standard power lead it would have be easily hidden with my cable tidy behind the desk (but that is my choice so not a product flaw just something i didnt consider that maybe i should have)
on 19 November 2014
I liked the look of these speakers and they got good reviews. I also thought it would be good to have the USB power, so I didn't have to bother with an extra mains cord to plug in. However, as soon as the speaker is turned on there is a hum and crackle that won't go away, even if nothing is playing through the speaker.

I tried it in different USB ports on my PC in case the port was faulty, and then on my new laptop - same thing.

Disappointing.
on 23 June 2014
When this arrived it didn't fizz.
BUT - once I set it up, used it, used it a lot, it shone! "It grows on you".
It is sturdy, has good quality cable, has LONG cable thus really useful, has lovely soothing blue light, very good speaker cones, very good on/off switch, very good volume control. It takes being stupidly dropped off a chair arm as if it was made for that! Oh, and it has a lovely mirror finish which really is smart every day you use it, thus rounds off the package.
Yet, at the beginning, it did not "seem" like all this. Strange, but a lesson worth the learning. It is in constant use & never has given the slightest trouble. A brilliant buy! Many have asked where to buy one for themselves!!! What more can you ask for than that?
on 1 May 2015
I figured on testing these before going through the rigmarole of getting to the back of the table to plug them in the back, and I wasn't overly impressed because of the crackling from one of the speakers. But after some tweaking I managed to figure out how to minimize the noise while still allowing the audio to be heard at an acceptable level. I always knew that, being on the cheaper end of the speaker market, that they were not going to be crystal clear, and was happy enough to set them up more permanently. And I'm glad I did!!!

After using the rear output, I was pleasantly surprised that the crackling wasn't present at all. A bit more testing reveals that the crackling was merely because I tested them laying down, and now upright they give genuinely clear audio. They are powered over USB (so no extra power sockets are required), and look great against my similarly reflective jet black monitor frame. They compliment each other perfectly. And the build quality is as good as my previous speakers, which cost a crazy amount of money and broke pretty much straight away.

Another really nice feature, is the volume/power button. Normally (from my experience anyway) with these joint function dials, to turn the speakers off requires so much pressure to turn the dial to off, that you have to hold the speaker steady with the other hand. That's not the case here, and turning on and off requires only a bit more effort then turning the volume up or down. And honestly, volume control requires zero effort as its so smooth as responsive. On the off chance you are unaware if the set is on or off, a nice cool (as in soothing, not hip and rad, man) blue light resolutely glows in confirmation.

Overall, these are excellent, and deserve frankly to be marketed in a higher price range. Of course, they are not perfect, but for their price, I simply cannot - AND I MEAN CANNOT - fault these. Highly recommended!!!!
on 2 April 2015
Bass is good. Sound is clear and loud. Perfect for making music and playing songs. Good size, easy to use and look really nice with a reflective finish. Perfect. Can't beleive they're so cheap, it's madness.
on 9 September 2015
Excellent sound at an excellent price. It could do with a little bit more bass but for the money £24, the clarity, sound stage and power make for a really enjoyable listen. I would recommend these to anybody. (beware, these speakers are rear ported so need a bit of room behind them)
on 21 May 2016
Set-up is dead simple - just plug the 2 cables from the control speaker into your pc's usb & headphone sockets and that's it. Make sure to push the audio cable ALL the way in. At first only 1 speaker worked so I plugged them into my Samsung smart tv to check and both worked fine. Plugged them back into my pc and hey presto beautiful stereo sound. Don't know if my tv woke the sleeping speaker up or I just pushed the audio cable in a nanometre further. Once they're plugged in they cut off the sound from your pc.
The design is fairly plain but solid, I doubt they'd break if you dropped them. They're weighted towards the bottom and, coupled with the 4 little rubber studs on the bottom, they're pretty stable. From the front they don't look too wide (just under 3 and a half inches) but they do stick out a bit behind (4 and a quarter inches) For me, though, the sound they give out compensates for the extra space taken up on your desk top.
When you switch on there are no rasping or crackling noises but you do have to turn the knob at least 10 degrees before any sound comes out. The sound increases gradually and evenly i.e. there is no point at which it suddenly gets louder.
As for the sound itself, it covers the spectrum well with as much detail, richness of sound and bass as you could expect from a £24 pair of speakers meant for pc's and not as part of a hi-fi stereo sound system. Any type of music comes out well, with full, rounded clear tones - no thin, tinny sounds here! The instructions indicate a setting of just over 50% for your pc volume and then you adjust the speaker volume accordingly. This is adequate for unobtrusive background music while actually sitting at your pc but I find you need at least 70% if you want to actually listen to what's playing, and 90% if you're away from your pc. If you want loud it does this too. At a pc setting of 110% and with speakers turned up to max.the bass really does start to thump and the sound fills the room (though it doesn't actually blast as you'd need for a party etc.). All of this with absolutely no distortion! Only at a pc setting of 117% and speakers up full did I start to get noticeable distortion.
When I decided to get myself pc speakers I wanted to be able to listen to audiobooks and music away from my pc and with decent quality sound. These do this with ease and for £24 you just can't go wrong. Highly recommended.
on 25 April 2014
These are very reasonably priced and have a great sound. My portable dvd player has really tinny sound and this solves the problem. I'm not really hi-fi savvy, but am happy with the sound from these speakers.
VINE VOICEon 10 November 2015
I thought these sounded awful at first- thin, with poor resolution- but they sounded better after a while. Much better. Kind of like being disappointed with a car you buy for lacking the acceleration of a sports model but then discovering that it's a fun little drive anyway. To get the most out of them I have to imagine I am a small man and they are actually three times the size but enough of my warped imagination. For the price I paid- 12.98, including delivery- I'm satisfied.