on 19 April 2013
I bought these after checking out most of the scales online and these certainly had the majority of excellent scores. They are easy to use, simply stand on them and that's it really. I was surprised to see complaints that the scales do not work on carpet. RTFM - Read The Manual. Page 1 of the Instruction Manual OPENING PARAGRAPH "Bypassing certain procedures may result in incorrect reading" paragraph 3 "Never place the scales on carpet". Seems straightforward enough, don't put the scales on carpet - duh. I store them sideways alongside the shower room drawers and take them out when needed, they take up very little vertical space so they are not noticeable except when I take them out for use. Well pleased, a great product.
on 19 May 2013
Having searched for scales that don't lie for a long time, I was delighted to find these. They are easy to use, have large LCD display, so east to read, but more importantly, they are consistent! No more losing 5lbs from lbs day to the next! Love them, and so does my family, highly recommended.
on 8 January 2013
I purchased a 'bargain' non-digital scale on the assumption that those scales always worked just fine when I was young. Well, they absolutely don't anymore. The reading changed from minute to minute, and not one of them was accurate.

So I bought this one. I'm very pleased with it's looks, size, sleekness, but most of all the fact that it does exactly what it should. Gives a consistent accurate reading on hard floors, and will also do so on a carpeted floor if you have a suitably sized piece of plywood to put on the carper under the scale.

Unlike other digital scales that you have to give a small 'kick' to in order to being them to life before you can weigh yourself, this one you just step on even if no '00' is showing, and you get an accurate reading not the usual 'err' that we used to get on our last digital scale.

Very very occasionally, you'll step on the scale and get a reading that seems slightly off, as in you seem to have gained 2 kgs overnight. When and if this happens, simply weigh yourself again.

As mentioned by others before, you have pounds, stones, and kilos, easily changed by pressing on a button on the base. Also, as mentioned before, if you place the scale on a carpet, it will touch the button and start changing the setting back and forth as you adjust how you're standing. But that will be least of your problems because on a carper without a piece of wood on it, your weight will be seriously inaccurate regardless whether in stones, lbs or kgs. That holds true for every scale, including this one.

Compared to other products on the market, this is a quality product in an age of sub-par mass produced merchandise. No complaints whatsoever.

If I get a chance, I will put up a close up of the grey and black pin stripe
pattern that flanks both sides of the black center bar. The pattern wasn't very obvious in the stock photo, but was a pleasant surprise.
review image
on 26 August 2012
Great product for the price. Solid build and gives an accurate reading.
Well lit numbers on display and large so no need for wearing glasses.
Fast shipment.
on 12 April 2013
I bought this on the basis of the many positive comments. Thus far, the scales have lived up to their good reputation. Worked straight out of the box and changing units is absolutely easy - just press the "button" underneath. They are a bit heavier than I expected but that gives a sense of strength and good manufacture. They seem accurate so I am very pleased that I trusted the positive feedback from others. Good product, so far.
on 22 April 2014
Purchased as I wanted a clearly visible readout and multiple measures so that I could use Lbs and my other half could use KGs.

Unfortunately measurement is inaccurate and patchy. Step on, get one reading, step off and back on again, get another. And so on. Will eventually settle on a reading after some deft hoping.

Pointless and irritating. Missed the returns window due to stupidity.
on 8 October 2011
These scales are exactly as described. Got them for my mother and she was really pleased - very easy to read display and wide platform. They look good too!
on 20 November 2012
Unlike myself, these scales are slim and attractive and do the job properly for heavyweights who are also on the wide side!
on 3 July 2012
Okay fellow Amazonians, let me break this product down for you real fast.

1) Took it out of the box, pulled the tab, and it was fully operational. Didn't have to read any instructions to figure out how it works, it just works. There's a little button on the back that changes from kg/lbs.

2) Appears to be properly calibrated. That's a good thing.

3) If you need a confidence boost, measure your weight on carpet. Boom, there goes 30 lbs.

4) Easy to read even in low light settings. I usually turn on the light when I go to the bathroom, so it's not an issue for me anyway.

I hope you decide to make this hassle free purchase. They say that people with scales in their homes maintain a healthy weight better than those that don't. Do this for yourself and you'll all be a bunch of skinny winners.
on 20 September 2013
Need to know to remove the insulating strip from the battery chamber and to reinsert the batteries firmly
Working instructions very poor needing some effort to decipher the display
Display could be more explicit in imperial measurements
weight read out appears to be reproducible and not vary with position on PVC floor
not tested on carpet, floor covering of many bathrooms