5.0 out of 5 stars Thornit is a miracle powder!
Published 6 months ago by MRS JAYNE E TAYLOR

1.0 out of 5 stars The recent product does not contain Iodoform, which is ...
The recent product does not contain Iodoform, which is the essential ingredient of the original. AVOID AT ALL COSTS, THIS CAN CLOG YOUR DOGS EAR CANAL, CAUSE IRRITATION AND COMPOUND PROBLEMS.
Published 8 months ago by J. Bloom

5.0 out of 5 stars Thornit is a miracle powder!, 12 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Thornit Ear Powder, 20 g (Misc.)
I purchased this product after reading so many positive reviews. My GSD/Rottie cross has suffered with 'sensitive ears' (as described by the vet) since I rescued him at 9 months old... he is now 6! I have been prescribed ear cleaners and steroid drops by the vet on and off over the years but the problem got worse recently with my dog constantly shaking his head, rubbing his ears along the ground, waking me up in the night whimpering as he scratched and me using drops and cream and a collar to prevent him making his sore ears worse. After completing the last course of steroid drops which had failed to clear up the problem, I purchased Thornit Canker Powder as a final resort. Rather that putting the end of a teaspoon into my dogs outer ear with the powder on, I held cotton wool over the bottle, turned it upside down and then used the cotton wool with the few granules on to wipe gently around the outer ear. There appeared to be instant relief with my dog enjoying the experience rather that running off on seeing the usual bottle of ear drops! I then massaged the ear and used more cotton wool to gently wipe around the ear. The effect was immediate, no more head shaking, ear rubbing or scratching. In fact my dog sits quite happily every time I treat him. After a week his outer ears have healed beautifully and only small amounts of dried black pus come out, I have already reduced the treatment. I think this is a miracle product... it's so wonderful to see my dog with his ears up and not bent over and he's back to his old happy self. No more sad eyes! Thank you Thornit, I will be recommending you to my dog trainer and all my dog owning friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job!, 6 Feb. 2013
M. Blades (Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thornit Ear Powder, 20 g (Misc.)
was recommended this product for my lhasa apso puppy as she was always scratching her ears and with just one treatment the result was amazing. been using it for the last four months once a week and never any itchy ears now, and as only a very small amount is needed will last for ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery- only thing to work on my dogs ears, 30 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Thornit Ear Powder, 20 g (Misc.)
Having tried every antibiotic drops on the market, this is the only thing to actually work on my Labradors ears

5.0 out of 5 stars Thornit ear powder, 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Thornit Ear Powder, 20 g (Misc.)
After years of ear problems & expensive vet bills I found Thornit on the web an amazing product recommed it

5.0 out of 5 stars Thornit Ear Powder, 15 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Thornit Ear Powder, 20 g (Misc.)
This is a miracle product!! After endless trips to the vets, for expensive prescriptions that just don't work, plus the consultation fee, I have found a product that really works and doesn't cost an arm and a leg!! I would recommend to anyone who has a pet that suffers with ear problems, especially mites.

5.0 out of 5 stars wouldnt ever be without it, 1 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Thornit Ear Powder, 20 g (Misc.)
My dog had come from the rescue with very bad ears, nothing would stop her scratching them..purchased the Thornit and applied to her ears 2 a day in in 2 days her ears were clean..no smell or discharge. Its also good for dogs who continually bite their feetas it stops them straight away ..its a natural product so doesnt cause any harm to the dog if he/she licks it off.Wouldnt ever be without it!! A little goes a long way.

1.0 out of 5 stars The recent product does not contain Iodoform, which is ..., 3 Nov. 2014
J. Bloom "sallysludgebucket" (Worcestershire. UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy Doggy, 11 Nov. 2013
Geraldine O'reilly "Gerrio" (N Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thornit Ear Powder, 20 g (Misc.)
This powder works really well on my dogs ears. He suffers from wax and shakes his head violently. Using this powder prevents the head shaking and leaves a happier dog. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential for your dog care cupboard, 16 April 2013
Marygold (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thornit Ear Powder, 20 g (Misc.)
Thornit is such a useful product - for me an indispensible part of caring for my dogs - that I feel it fully justifies 5 stars.
It is very helpful in removing the inner ear hair, a regular and necessary part of grooming, as a little on your thumb and index finger makes removing the hair much easier by giving a better grip.

However the main reason I keep some handy is that it is excellent at treating ear mites. As soon as I see either my dog scratching at an ear or see the tell tale signs of ear mites - a brown 'discharge' appearing at the inner ear - I start dusting the ear with Thornit (according to the directions) and find that it gives relief almost from the first application.

For dogs with long ears especially a little regular application helps to maintain ear cleanliness and health. It is gentle, non-irritant, non-staining and made from natural ingredients. Although it may appear a little expensive, I find it relatively cheap compared to vets bills! I would recommend it to any dog owner and would recommend having it always available.

5.0 out of 5 stars best remedy, 30 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Thornit Ear Powder, 20 g (Misc.)
arrived within a week. This is the best remedy for ear canker and only takes two or three applications. Have had spaniels all my life and because of their big floppy ears they do tend to contract canker in hot weather especially if like ours your dog enjoys lots of swimming. It is caused by a mite and if treated promptly will disappear in a couple of days or so. Have had the powder for years and was nearly out but tried everywhere and could not purchase it. In desperation looked on line and hey presto there it was. Amazon was by far the best price and free delivery as well. Make sure with a products of this sort that it is recommended by your vet and that it is the right solution for the right complaint. If you are unsure take advice. Your dog is a precious companion and if it is definitly canker this is by far the best solution.

Thornit Ear Powder, 20 g