Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 February 2012
Jacqui has a lovely voice-this is a great album if you are a lover of the easy listening genre. I had not heard her sing before but somehow guessed that with such wonderfully talented parents she would be a hit. She is!
on 10 October 2013
I did not realise until I purchased this download that Jacqui has such a wonderful voice . I know in places she sounds similar to her mother but, her range is terrific and soooooo smooth. Great buy.
on 12 September 2011
I've heard Jacqui live and she's fabulous. On this CD she sounds so mature, so smooth and so at home with the material that its difficult to believe the sad fact of her Father's recent passing.
on 26 September 2011
Combine wonderful voice control with beautiful songs, season with the "Dankworth magic" and you end up with an exciting, soothing album of bliss. Yes I loved it!!!
on 21 August 2011
This is a very different album to this singer's previous recordings. Very much a tribute to her late father (and absolutely nothing wrong with that), Jacqui sings a selection of standards with excellent if very traditional arrangements by John Dankworth. It will probably appeal to fans of middle-of-the-road jazz, but while I think she has a terrific voice, I prefer the more contemporary and individual material on her excellent (4/5 star) earlier albums such as 'Detour Ahead' and 'Back to You'. This new recording happens a bit too quietly for me - there are plenty of other female jazz vocalists who handle traditional renderings of the Great American Songbook better than Jacqui. Her strengths lie in her interpretation and arranging of her own and others' contemporary songs and tunes but as a tribute to her father it's a very worthy accomplishment.
on 17 September 2011
Was very pleased with this purchase, great voice and didn't disappoint. It is my first CD of Jacqui Dankworth and I look forward to purchasing another.
on 21 November 2013
excellent value. A great voice reminiscent of her mother. Very easy listening, a must have for anyone who loves good music
on 26 April 2014
A wonderful mix of songs and all sung beautifully. I am a convert and will look to to getting some more Jacqui CDs.
on 9 December 2013
Jacqui surprised me in that I had not heard her before. she has the skill of both her mother and father.
on 1 September 2011
This is a fantastic CD with all the sensitivity that Jacqui can muster. The lovely touches are to hear her Dad's voice (Sir John Dankworth) to whom the CD is dedicated count her in on 'A Nightingale Sang in Berkley Square' and 'The Man'. I love 'The Man' as it clearly a combination of John and Jacqui's talents as writers of music and words. Her voice on all the songs is pure and the arrangements suit her voice so well. The musicians who accompany her are of such high standards it is great to see that the CD is a success.

It is hard to find the words to recommend it enough!!!! Can we have more of this please!