5.0 out of 5 stars Be seen
I wanted to be seen in traffic as it's starting to get dark now. I liked the idea of this RSP light as it has LEDs which show to the side not just to the rear meaning I am seen at junctions from the left and right too. The LEDs are very bright and the light doesn't take long to charge. It came complete with a bracket to fit various post sizes (I fitted mine to a standard...
Published on 23 Oct 2011 by Wally

3.0 out of 5 stars so so
not as good as I thought it would be one part snapped right away trying to undo it very small light but bright would not buy again
Published 16 months ago by coboltblue

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes a time to get used too, 21 Oct 2012
Paul Clarkson "Norfolk Boy" (Norfolk UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RSP 5 LED USB Rechargeable Rear Bike Light (Misc.)
It is a surprise how tiny this light is 6cm long and 4cm wide but once you charge it up and this does not take too long. The light power is really surprising as a rear light its very good value but the retaining clip that fixes it to the bracket is very very easy to unlock when you press the on button and if you are not aware of this it will mean the light will fall off but once you are aware of this little fault it is a cracking light that takes up no space and it lasts as long as is advertised. I would get another one in fact i may get one to put on as a back up in case i forget to keep the charge full up all in all good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 26 Mar 2012
This review is from: RSP 5 LED USB Rechargeable Rear Bike Light (Misc.)
This is a great little light. The only "flaw" I found is that it unclips from the bracket a little too easily for my liking. Thing is, this is the second time I bought one - can't say for certain but the other one may have slipped off during a daytime cycle ride.

The new one seems secure enough, anyway. great light levels and a good dispersal of light, even visible from either side. Charging is also a doddle. Overall would very much recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be brighter... my honest opinion, 10 Dec 2012
Raymond Lee (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RSP 5 LED USB Rechargeable Rear Bike Light (Misc.)
I have yet to use this on the road but this is my impression of it so far.

The bracket is a loose fit on my seatpost and there is nothing provided to help aid me with this design flaw.
It seems sufficiently bright on first impressions, that is if you have nothing to compare it to.

You will no doubt be more visible on the road with this rear light attached to your bicycle when cycling in darkness, but it's not the kind of flashlight that will make you an public enemy of the road to motorists.

It's that small hesitation for a short few seconds when you have an extremely bright rear light that motorists will take notice of when tailing you from behind which keeps you safe in my eyes that this rear light doesn't do.
But it could work both ways. Having them noticing you is one thing when having a bright light, but then again there is also the possibility of wanting to overtake you more since the brightness of a rear light may be too overbearing, in my case a 30 lumen rear light of which I am comparing this to which would probably be deemed 'considerably' bright in the perspective of others.

The morale of the story is; brighter may not necessarily be better.
I had a taxi driver aggressively overtake me to make a narrow left turn in a close collision which I can only conclude as reckless driving which may be the result of having too bright of a rear light. This happened in the first few days of riding my very first road bike on the road, not exactly a good experience for a first time road rider to say the least.

As contradictory as this may sound, it won't stop me from using my brighter rear light on the road.
I will instead keep this as my secondary light in case my main one fails me.