on 21 June 2012
After a long on line search for suitable replacement telephones for my home google spat out the Panasonic KX-TG 8061 cordless phone with 5 handsets and answerphone. Delivery was next day by first class mail, out of the box they were up and running in minutes, clarity is excellent as are the many featurues they boast.
on 26 October 2012
Like another reviewer I too bought these Panasonic phones to replace a BT quad set that have I struggled with for several years.I am now kicking myself for not doing it much sooner!! The BTs had very poor range and lousy sound quality, they also badly interfered with the broadband conection to our computers.
The 8065 pack arrived very quickly and as soon as I opened the boxes I was delighted by the appearance and quality feel of these phones.
The phones require quite a long charge before they can be used, but once this is done setting up couldn't be easier. The instruction booklet is very easy to follow and the system was up and running in no time.
I live in a house with quite thick internal walls and had thought that I'd need to buy a signal booster to get good coverage throughout, but this has not been nessesary.The biggest bonus is that our computer system seems to have welcomed the new phones and there has been no interference at all.
All in all I'm highly satisfied with my purchase, and am slightly amazed at how much technology you can get for about a hundred quid!
on 9 January 2013
These work exactly as described. Yeah I got caught out and wondered why 2 of the handsets wouldn't connect to the base station buts its a simple case of registering them (as people have said this is delivered as a 3 handset box with 2 extra handsets).

The screen is clear, the volume of the speaker and loudspeaker is great and can be adjusted. The buttons are big and unlike my current outgoing phones they respond really quickly and give you almost a click to say you have pressed it (which is really useful when you are using a touch tone system and have to type lots of things in).

The answer system is really easy to use so I've stopped using the one from my telephone provider as you can see how many messages you have rather than having to pick a handset up and listen for a ring tone. The "Copy All" function is really good as you can put all your numbers into one phone and them transmit them to the other handsets, this saves a lot of time!

I spent nearly twice as much for a 4-handset Siemens system a couple of years ago and these are by far superior in nearly every way.

Down sides? The main downside for me is when you copy all of your numbers from one handset to another it doesn't copy the categories (e.g. Friends, Family etc) so you have to set them up on every handset and update every contact, a job that will take you at least an hour even for the smallest contact list (although thankfully this is a once only job).

Only other downside is the ring tones, they are pants and like mobile phones they provide you with dozens that are so tacky you would never use them.

All in all though, a good product that I would definitely recommend to a friend..
on 1 September 2012
Having had an older set for several years it was time to replace as the reception was getting patchy and sound quality deteriorating. These phones answered both issues with great reception range and clear sound.
on 17 December 2014
It's amazing how useful having 5 phones is! I now have the luxury of one in my shed as well as not having to run up and down stairs, etc.

Audio quality is fine, with a decent enough volume and perhaps a little better than our old cordless phones (10+ years old Philips 2354S). I suspect the audio quality is far more likely to be affected by the quality of the signal with pigeons bouncing up & down on the line - we are some distance from the exchange.

The instruction booklet gives extensive operating instructions and all in English. If you've used a cordless phone before, you can pretty well do without the manual and simply follow the on-screen prompts. I've only resorted to the manual for the odd thing or two and for "registering" a handset, which is actually very straightforward. Registering is essential for the two handsets that are not in the triple handset box. Don't be fooled into thinking they don't work when you first try them - you have to "register" them before they'll do anything.

I very much like the ability to enter a name & number into any handset once and then copy it to all others. When you first get it you will probably want to load a stack of names & numbers. This is very straight forward and very easy to correct mistakes. At the end of that marathon simply "copy all" to each of the other handsets in turn. In a way it's quite neat to be able to have handsets with different numbers to reduce the clutter on some of the other handsets, as the more numbers you have the longer it takes to search & select the one you want.

Added 07/01/2015: "Please be aware that, if you later modify an entry and then copy it to the other handsets, the other handsets will retain the original entry as well as the modified one. You will need to go to each handset and delete the old original entry, which is a bit of a pain."

I also like being able to name each handset so that it can be put back where it belongs and also to make it easier when transferring a call or using the intercom (who can remember where No. 3 is, whereas "study" or "shed" are much more useful).

The colour screen may not be up to iPhone standards but is still very clear and provides useful information on what's going on.

The handset range is certainly better than my old Philips and extends throughout the house and well into the garden, which is a lot more than our Wi-Fi range from the same spot. (See my answer to one of the questions regarding range for some more detail.)

The answering machine is very good, giving date & time of the call before playing it (this only occurs on the first time of listening to the message; on repeat listening it just plays the message with no time stamp). I've set mine for 1 minute of recording, which should be ample for most calls, but it can be set to up to 3 minutes. You can easily record your own outgoing message to give someone confidence that they are leaving a message on the correct phone!

The keyboard is clear and responsive.

All in all the system seems to be of good quality and I'm very pleased with it.

The photo shows my "Study" phone with my wife hogging the line on another. Top left shows the signal strength and top right shows the answering machine is on and the battery is fully charged. All useful information. (Sorry, Amazon have dropped my photo - Amazon technical problem.)

08/01/2015: I'm pleased to report that the phone system is still working really well and is proving very easy to use. I will also add that it has no adverse effect on our Wi-Fi (& vice versa).
on 28 October 2012
I am very pleased with this five instrument cordless 'phone set. It was fairly easy to set up and I particularly like the fact that when you make a change, such as altering the clock, on one handset it automatically alters all the others. Highly recommended
on 14 September 2012
Although I can only speak for my own environment the range and digital clarity of this Panasonic system has proved to be excellent upstairs, downstairs and outside in the garden, and I live in a house with thick brick walls and two solid chimney breasts between the base unit and the furthest remote handset. The add on belt clips come in handy when outdoors or in the garage.
on 3 October 2014
These phones were purchased to replace our old Philips phones where most of the displays had disappeared or were unreadable, but they were 10 years old. Panasonic have been a Best Buy in Which for a long time, so we thought we would look around to get some prices. As my Wife is disabled we need a phone in a number of both downstairs and upstairs rooms that she can easily reach, hence we needed a set of 5. Locally we could get a set of 3, but salespersons involved really had little idea about what they were trying to sell us, and had no idea if the set of 3 could be upgraded to 5 or 6. Looked on Amazon and found this set of 5 which were less expensive than the set of 3 that we had found. Lots of info to be had in the tech info and had good Customer reviews, so we ordered this set.
Arrived in 2 days and were very well packaged. It came as a matched set of 3 and 2 other single compatable units. Read thro the instruction booklet which at first looked complicated, but when you sit there with a handset in your hand and the booklet then it all becomes clear as how to set these 3 phones up. The other 2 did not come with any instructions but the matching to the other 3 is contained in the original booklet, so was not a problem.
These phones are capable of far more than we will ever need to use. Displays are in colour and are totally brilliant and informative and allow access to a menu that allows the user to change the most common functions with ease. Love the ability to change the time/date on the handset in the main base unit and it sets all the other handsets, but this was the only function that we found was set in this manner.
This set can take up to 6 units, so we purchased another compatable unit from the Amazon source, again arrived in 2 days and was set up and working in minutes. We purchased all 6 for less than our locally priced set of 3.
This phone is a high quality item which has been very well thought out and designed to be used and loved . It has a good feel to it, great display and great illuminated keypad with decent sized pads, and we would totally totally totally recommend it.
Great source of supply for a really great product. We do appreciate that only time will tell as to how they survive over the future years, but they look and feel that they are built to last.
on 2 January 2014
Worked first time out of the box (apart from the two additional phones of the five which require that you set synchronise to the master phone which is easy enough once you figure out how to do it according to the instructions). The phones work through solid brick walls across spread across two houses converted into one. Thus they are operating through two or more solid brick walls at a distance. The phones have been in use for several months now without a single issue. I have even used one down the garden once it was fully charged such that I would not miss any incoming calls. As I expect from Panasonic, these are good phones: the sound is clear and they are easy to use. The answering machine does at it says on the tin: ii answers and it records! I haven't used all the bells and whistles but then I never do on such products but, hat I have used has worked first time and is continuing to work. Well, worth my five stars
on 3 July 2013
We needed this number of phones as anything less than five extensions means our now ancient bones bar us from making the sprint to get to a phone before the answer machine clicks in! The package arrived on time, and the phones were unpacked and placed but did not seem to work. I sent a email to the company from whom we bought "them"/"it" and they sent back a number to call when I was ready to "activate" the two of the five which refused to work. I phoned the company and in seconds I had done one thanks to the superb help given by a young man at the other end of the phone. The last one I did myself such was the clarity of this young man's instructions to get it done. Good phones, good price, good delivery time and totally excellent customer service.