1,847 Reviews
 (1,151)

1,496 of 1,533 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot overstate how good this is!!!
previously my wifi signal soon gets weak a room or 2 away from the router.
bought this.
plug in.
press a button on the router.
press a button on the extender, and wait a minute or so (be patient).
job done.
Published on 10 Nov. 2011 by Syd

2.0 out of 5 stars Sooo easy!
I brought this home and plugged it in before reading the instructions. I pressed the button on the side (the one not labelled "Device on/off) until it started blinking and then pressed the button on my wireless router in the hope that it would miraculously just work. I really didn't expect it to be that easy, but it was!

I have since found that my Kindle and...
Published on 29 Dec. 2011 by A. Stewart

1,496 of 1,533 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot overstate how good this is!!!, 10 Nov. 2011
Syd (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: NETGEAR WN3000RP-100UKS Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender (Wi-Fi Booster) (Accessory)
previously my wifi signal soon gets weak a room or 2 away from the router.
bought this.
plug in.
press a button on the router.
press a button on the extender, and wait a minute or so (be patient).
job done.
it seems to cover a much wider aread than my original router, there is no dropout anywhere over a large area (probably up to 100m, through lots of walls). it has never once let me down since plugging in.
quick, easy and reliable. FAB bit of kit.

EDIT. now been using for 10 months. Remains as reliable as day 1.
EDIT2. now been using for 21 months. Still no issues whatsoever.
EDIT3! (22nd October 2014). 3 years in, remains as good as day one.

UPDATE Dec 14. I have now tried the higher-spec Netgear EX6100 (see above comparison chart), it works just as well as this model. If you're wondering about the 5 GHz band and whether you need it, in my general day-to-day use it adds little benefit, and only newer devices are compatible with 5 GHz. IMO most people won't need or benefit from 5 GHz devices, and the cheaper/more basic models such as the WN3000RP remain perfectly adequate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful if you have wireless black spots, 13 April 2013
Mr nozzle (Cheshire England) - See all my reviews
I researched this in a bid to find something that would extend my wireless coverage without me having to be a networking guru or go through a labyrinthine series of setup instructions. This item was a breeze. I simply selected the place where I wanted to improve wireless coverage and plugged it in. After switching on the wall socket, all I had to do was press a button on my router and then press a button on the unit. It connected to my router and I got a green (strong) signal indication. I searched for it on my network and found it under the same name as my router with an "-EXT" suffix. It used the same password as the existing network and I was able to connect to it without problems. If I unplug it and move it elsewhere, once it is switched on again it re-connects automatically to my router. I bought it for use with a "smart" TV in the bedroom and it performs well. The only issue is that it will occasionally drop the signal to the router and stop the item I am viewing. BBC iPlayer being a prime example and also Lovefilm. Having said that, just lately it has been working flawlessly. My other regret is that you can only have one of these in the system, which precludes me from filling the house with them. I bought one for my Daughter to extend her network into her attic room. The unit is plugged into a socket in one of the bedrooms below and again, it works really well. This was a great price and easy to install. I am very happy with my choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Netgear simplicity, 17 Mar. 2013
These really are very easy to set up and work just as described.
Top marks to Netgear, as always they have made a useful well thought out quality product.

The instructions are clear and concise and the device is not over complicated.
It is ideal to solve the common problem of poor wireless signal in parts of the home.
You often find that where your phone sockets are and where you can locate your master wireless router does not give a good wireless signal in all locations around your home. Maybe you wish to have a good signal in the back garden and the signal from your router located at the front of the house is blocked by the house walls. In my case the router is located upstairs and I was getting very poor signal strength in a downstairs extension.

To set up the extender locate a mains socket on the boundary of your current wireless reception. I used my laptop to check wireless signal in a couple of locations before plugging the extender in. You need a location which has good signal and is nearer to the location of poor signal strength than your existing wireless router.
Once plugged in one click of the button on the side initiates the connection process, lights on the front indicate this is happening, and the extender should automatically connect to your existing network in a minute or so.
If it fails to connect, possibly due to conflicting networks from your neighbours, you can prompt the extender to connect to your network by accessing the extender from a computer. There is a well presented interface which guides you through the process of manually configuring the extender. You can also adjust a number of other settings including restricting access to certain devices, security settings and IP addresses.
Once set up I've not had to revisit any of the set up process or undertaken any maintenance of the extender. Its has just got on with the job of extending my network.

I have also found that the wireless signal produced by the extender is a better quality and has a greater range than my master router, a BTHomeHub.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now we have proper wifi, 24 July 2012
I write this review as one who is using a BT Home hub 3. Despite the claims of BT that their router is the best on the market, its range in our 1960's built house dropped off quickly when our laptop was positioned any where else but in the room of the router. After much research of these reviews and also trying alternative products I decided to give the WN3000RP a try. I am currently composing this review whilst sitting in the garden!

The Range Extender really does do what it says on the tin. It didn't hook up to the router automatically, but was straight forward to do manually. I would suggest that potential buyers read through reviews of other Amazon purchasers as they really do give reassuring insight as to what is going on. The absence of CD software is a beneficial feature. The user documentation is quite adequate. It is always difficult to guage size from manufactuer's websites as they endeavour to show off the product design in the most elegant manner available. If placing into a gang circuit you might experience some difficulty inserting plugs into ajoining sockets. The manufacturers recommend in this instance that you twist the arials into the vertical position. Packaging sound and safe and delivered three days early by Royal Mail. Looking forward to looking up gardening information from my greenhouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy to say the reviewers were spot on, 11 Oct. 2014
I purchased this after reading the rave reviews. I'm happy to say the reviewers were spot on!
It's an awesome bit of kit & ours is currently transmiting/repeating a needle bending wifi signal over a distance of approx 30 meters!
However, "If" your planning to connect it with a Virgin Media Superhub? Ensure you press & hold the WPS button on the Virgin hub until it flashes red/blue. This takes approx 5 seconds to happen. I initialy followed the Netgear instructions which didn't mention this. They just said "Press the WPS button on your hub within 2 mins of pressing the WPS button on the WN3000RP"
As a total PC/Internet numpty, I was pulling my hair out for over an hour as to why the WN3000RP wouldn't connect to my Virgin hub! Even though I was following the enclosed instructions too the letter?
I hope this part of my review saves a few other Virgin customers a bald patch or two? ;0)

5.0 out of 5 stars My WIFI nightmare is over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 14 Jan. 2012
S. Walker - See all my reviews
I would like to apologise to all the laptops and iPods I have slated for poor internet connection around my house for the last few years . it wasn't your fault it was mine , I bought a house full of concrete that ate up WIFI. The answer was to buy this wifi range extender from netgear.

I already own a new netgear router. My house is large and has a huge amount of concrete in it . This concrete reduced the range of the wifi.

Bought this piece of kit, turned it on and pressed the connection button (in the kitchen ) , did the same on my netgear router (living room). Within 10 seconds the devices saw each other. My house now has two wifi connection addresses all over the house at the push of a button.

If you want to extend the range of your router then this is your answer! Also I believe it works with other brands of Wifi routers , but in my opinion chuck that other router away and treat yourself to a new netgear router as well.

This really is a great piece of kit.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 18 Jan. 2014
Having tried other range extenders and finding problems with drop out I was a little reluctant to experiment with another radio type device but the reviews on this item were very good.
I live an a renovated early 20th century house built in the traditional style to my region and so with some internal stone walls over 3' thick.
I didn't expect great reception but another reviewer with a similar setup said they had been successful with this device.
I installed it reasonably easily; it really does it for itself, and placed it where I had positioned my earlier devices. I have a strong signal to all parts of the house. The link strength indicator that tells you how well the extender is receiving from the router is really useful and allowed me to place the device in the best spot, which was where I had hoped it would be and I am able to stream video from You Tube to spots that were dead before.
Living in a remote area i have only a comparatively slow BB connection (2.5MBPS) but I see no appreciable drop off in speed to any point in the house now.
I recommend this.
As I live in a bungalow I don't know how it works between levels in a multi-story home but I would be surprised if it could get through a 3' wall and not through a couple of floors.

5.0 out of 5 stars The proper way to go full wifi at home, 28 Oct. 2012
This extender has transformed the house from cables to wireless with 2 button presses. I had the cable broadband through the house electrical circuit which was fine but everyone needed to walk around with the adapter. I placed this extender upstairs and everywhere is covered. No gaps and 4-5 bars reception everywhere and we have 3 foot thick walls.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 30 Sept. 2013
Ali Raheem - See all my reviews
Works great, simply plug in press power button wait until the solid yellow light turns green then press the WPS button. The green light will start to blink. Press the WPS button on your router and boom you're good to go. There'll be a new hotspot named after your original network but with _EXT at the end of the SSID using the same password.

If you want you can connect to it directly before or after it's setup with your network to tweak the settings (change SSID etc).

This is a great option to connect a few non-wifi enabled devices (like xbox 360, sky hd+ and media centre) to your network. It can do this and extend your network. Another useful feature is, you can use it to create a guest network where you are free to regularly change the password without it affecting your devices.

Just remember than when something is connected to it over wifi it will be much slower than if it were directly connected to your router. **GEEK ALERT** This is because it only has one radio (even though it has two antenna) and so it can either communicate with your laptop or your router but not both at once this doubles the time it takes for it to reach the internet.

I use it to extend the wireless to my printer which struggles as it is at the opposite side of the house especially when it rains. For this job it's perfect.

I've connected the one ethernet port out to a ethernet switch and then onto five devices without any problems (other than the expected slight slowdown).

Pros:
+ Cheap.
+ Easy to setup.
+ Reliable.
+ Antenna can be reorientated (no idea if this affects signal distribution!)

Cons:
- MUCH Slower.
- Only one ethernet port.

No regrets with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Says on the Tin, 4 July 2013
My SKY hub is located in the front lounge of a Victorian terraced, two bedroom garden flat. Although the hub is 802.11n, it still failed to transmit an adequate wi-fi signal to the room at the rear of the flat, not to mention out into the garden. I plugged the Netgear WN3000RP into a wall socket about two thirds of the way towards the back of the flat. Using the WPS (Wi-fi Protected Security) connection buttons on both the Netgear extender and SKY hub, I was able to connect the two devices within minutes and without experiencing any issues. I now have a strong signal at the rear of the flat and into the garden, so job done! If your main router does not have a WPS connection button then you will have to go through the more tedious process of connecting the two devices via your router's web page, but instructions for this procedure are included in the Netgear packaging and I don't suspect it is too difficult a process.

This device will not work with the latest wi-fi technology, 802.11a/c, but then again, that is not a concern as none of your current computers or handheld devices are capable of 802.11a/c. The latest MacBook Air, which was only recently introduced, is the first device I know of that comes with a/c wi-fi technology as standard. A/C wi-fi will probably make the requirement for extenders like this Netgear device redundant, as a/c wi-fi will provide a much stronger and faster signal than the current 'n' technology, but if you plan on using your current computer/tablet/mobile for a number of years to come then this extender will offer you a dramatic increase on your wi-fi home range. I don't expect to see a/c wi-fi technology offered as the standard wi-fi on the majority of new devices until sometime in 2014.

Beware of buying the cheaper version of this product offered on Amazon, the one that sells for around £15= less and appears to be the same product. On closer inspection you will see in the pictures of the product that it is the continental European version, with a two-pronged plug, so you would have to use an adapter, and as the UK mains device already sticks out from the wall socket by 3 to 4 inches, having to plug it into an adapter will make it unnecessarily intrusive in whatever room you position it, and it may also result in a less stable connection given that it will be more likely to get knocked about.

All in all, an excellent product that is easy to use and does what it says on the tin.