2,393 Reviews
 (1,502)

1,422 of 1,456 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot overstate how good this is!!!
previously my wifi signal soon gets weak a room or 2 away from the router.
bought this.
plug in.
press a button on the router.
press a button on the extender, and wait a minute or so (be patient).
job done.
Published on 10 Nov. 2011 by Syd

This is a small sleek device. It fits into a double wall socket without compromising the second socket.

Published 1 month ago by RetroEd

1,422 of 1,456 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot overstate how good this is!!!, 10 Nov. 2011
Syd (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: NETGEAR WN3000RP-100UKS Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender (Accessory)
previously my wifi signal soon gets weak a room or 2 away from the router.
bought this.
plug in.
press a button on the router.
press a button on the extender, and wait a minute or so (be patient).
job done.
it seems to cover a much wider aread than my original router, there is no dropout anywhere over a large area (probably up to 100m, through lots of walls). it has never once let me down since plugging in.
quick, easy and reliable. FAB bit of kit.

EDIT. now been using for 10 months. Remains as reliable as day 1.
EDIT2. now been using for 21 months. Still no issues whatsoever.
EDIT3! (22nd October 2014). 3 years in, remains as good as day one.

UPDATE Dec 14. I have now tried the higher-spec Netgear EX6100 (see above comparison chart), it works just as well as this model. If you're wondering about the 5 GHz band and whether you need it, in my general day-to-day use it adds little benefit, and only newer devices are compatible with 5 GHz. IMO most people won't need or benefit from 5 GHz devices, and the cheaper/more basic models such as the WN3000RP remain perfectly adequate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful if you have wireless black spots, 13 April 2013
Mr nozzle (Cheshire England) - See all my reviews
I researched this in a bid to find something that would extend my wireless coverage without me having to be a networking guru or go through a labyrinthine series of setup instructions. This item was a breeze. I simply selected the place where I wanted to improve wireless coverage and plugged it in. After switching on the wall socket, all I had to do was press a button on my router and then press a button on the unit. It connected to my router and I got a green (strong) signal indication. I searched for it on my network and found it under the same name as my router with an "-EXT" suffix. It used the same password as the existing network and I was able to connect to it without problems. If I unplug it and move it elsewhere, once it is switched on again it re-connects automatically to my router. I bought it for use with a "smart" TV in the bedroom and it performs well. The only issue is that it will occasionally drop the signal to the router and stop the item I am viewing. BBC iPlayer being a prime example and also Lovefilm. Having said that, just lately it has been working flawlessly. My other regret is that you can only have one of these in the system, which precludes me from filling the house with them. I bought one for my Daughter to extend her network into her attic room. The unit is plugged into a socket in one of the bedrooms below and again, it works really well. This was a great price and easy to install. I am very happy with my choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Netgear simplicity, 17 Mar. 2013
These really are very easy to set up and work just as described.
Top marks to Netgear, as always they have made a useful well thought out quality product.

The instructions are clear and concise and the device is not over complicated.
It is ideal to solve the common problem of poor wireless signal in parts of the home.
You often find that where your phone sockets are and where you can locate your master wireless router does not give a good wireless signal in all locations around your home. Maybe you wish to have a good signal in the back garden and the signal from your router located at the front of the house is blocked by the house walls. In my case the router is located upstairs and I was getting very poor signal strength in a downstairs extension.

To set up the extender locate a mains socket on the boundary of your current wireless reception. I used my laptop to check wireless signal in a couple of locations before plugging the extender in. You need a location which has good signal and is nearer to the location of poor signal strength than your existing wireless router.
Once plugged in one click of the button on the side initiates the connection process, lights on the front indicate this is happening, and the extender should automatically connect to your existing network in a minute or so.
If it fails to connect, possibly due to conflicting networks from your neighbours, you can prompt the extender to connect to your network by accessing the extender from a computer. There is a well presented interface which guides you through the process of manually configuring the extender. You can also adjust a number of other settings including restricting access to certain devices, security settings and IP addresses.
Once set up I've not had to revisit any of the set up process or undertaken any maintenance of the extender. Its has just got on with the job of extending my network.

I have also found that the wireless signal produced by the extender is a better quality and has a greater range than my master router, a BTHomeHub.

1.0 out of 5 stars Initial success quickly followed by loss of internet connection..., 12 Jan. 2015

I already have a Netgear router and I have come across compatability issues in the past (I work in the IT network side of things) so I wanted to use the same brand as an extender. This device has some great reviews and on the strength of that I purchased one.

I followed all the instructions and in under 10 minutes the dead wifi spots in the house had gone. All phones, laptops and tablets connected without any issues and network access was a quick 78mbps. Internet worked well for all parties.

I did have to move the device away from speakers because like a mobile phone, it does cause a lot of interference noise. The unit does also have a very slight electrical buzz which was too much in a quiet room.

All was well for about 12 hours but then I started getting complaints from the family. They all had strong wireless connections but the internet was unresponsive. When I checked the extender and the router, they were both talking to each other but the extender wasn't allowing internet access. If I turned it off and back on after, say, 20 seconds, all was fine again... But the time between reboots is getting less and less (5 minutes in some cases!)

The router itself seems fine, allowing internet access when in range, but the extender is just misbehaving. I assume I have a faulty one and will send it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy to say the reviewers were spot on, 11 Oct. 2014
I purchased this after reading the rave reviews. I'm happy to say the reviewers were spot on!
It's an awesome bit of kit & ours is currently transmiting/repeating a needle bending wifi signal over a distance of approx 30 meters!
However, "If" your planning to connect it with a Virgin Media Superhub? Ensure you press & hold the WPS button on the Virgin hub until it flashes red/blue. This takes approx 5 seconds to happen. I initialy followed the Netgear instructions which didn't mention this. They just said "Press the WPS button on your hub within 2 mins of pressing the WPS button on the WN3000RP"
As a total PC/Internet numpty, I was pulling my hair out for over an hour as to why the WN3000RP wouldn't connect to my Virgin hub! Even though I was following the enclosed instructions too the letter?
I hope this part of my review saves a few other Virgin customers a bald patch or two? ;0)

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 18 Jan. 2014
Having tried other range extenders and finding problems with drop out I was a little reluctant to experiment with another radio type device but the reviews on this item were very good.
I live an a renovated early 20th century house built in the traditional style to my region and so with some internal stone walls over 3' thick.
I didn't expect great reception but another reviewer with a similar setup said they had been successful with this device.
I installed it reasonably easily; it really does it for itself, and placed it where I had positioned my earlier devices. I have a strong signal to all parts of the house. The link strength indicator that tells you how well the extender is receiving from the router is really useful and allowed me to place the device in the best spot, which was where I had hoped it would be and I am able to stream video from You Tube to spots that were dead before.
Living in a remote area i have only a comparatively slow BB connection (2.5MBPS) but I see no appreciable drop off in speed to any point in the house now.
I recommend this.
As I live in a bungalow I don't know how it works between levels in a multi-story home but I would be surprised if it could get through a 3' wall and not through a couple of floors.

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use just plug it in, 6 Jan. 2015
Bought this for my son to use in his bedroom. He constantly moans that the internet connection is rubbish in his room and his xbox will lag or freeze altogether. He tells me he had 1 bar of signal before buying the extender....He now has full signal, no more xbox lagging and no more moaning. So easy to use just plug it in, hold down the wps button on the side untill the green light flashes, you then have 2 minutes to go press the wps button on your wifi router. The green light should now be on constantly on the extender. Now they are linked. If you have a password set on your wifi router you will need to enter this when prompted. Just one more thing that is probably obvious to most but not to me, once you have linked your router and the extender you need to go to wifi settings on which ever device you are using and connect to the extender. Mine was named the same as my router but with -ext after it.
Well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be easier!, 5 Oct. 2011
I needed to extend the range of my network to some rooms upstairs, so tried another product which would not work no matter what I did.

I thought this one looked simple, so I gave it a try. My router does not have a WPS button, so it was not plug and play. I plugged the unit into a wall socket at the bottom of the stairs and waited until light went green. Using my laptop upstairs in one of the rooms not getting the internet, the connection to the extender was available with 5 bars. My browser took me straight to the Netgear website, I followed a few simple instructions and the connection was available within minutes.

I would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars The proper way to go full wifi at home, 28 Oct. 2012
This extender has transformed the house from cables to wireless with 2 button presses. I had the cable broadband through the house electrical circuit which was fine but everyone needed to walk around with the adapter. I placed this extender upstairs and everywhere is covered. No gaps and 4-5 bars reception everywhere and we have 3 foot thick walls.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sooo easy!, 29 Dec. 2011
A. Stewart (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
I brought this home and plugged it in before reading the instructions. I pressed the button on the side (the one not labelled "Device on/off) until it started blinking and then pressed the button on my wireless router in the hope that it would miraculously just work. I really didn't expect it to be that easy, but it was!

I have since found that my Kindle and AppleTV don't like the underscore that it uses in the SSID (access point name) that it uses. By default it appends your existing access point's SSID with _EXT, e.g. netgear_EXT. I have since connected to the device's web interface and changed it, although you really should connect and change the default password anyway. If it weren't for this problem, I'd have given it five stars.

I can easily reach the switches and use the other socket on the double wall outlet that I plugged it into, so the size is perfect for me and it is a relief that I don't have more cable spaghetti lying around. It does hang about 2 inches below the power socket, so If your socket is near the floor, you'll need to use an extension cable. After unplugging it and moving it to another socket to find the optimum position, it simply came back online ready to go again without losing any settings in about 30 seconds.

UPDATE - Jan 2012
======
It seems that it's not so great as it first appeared. Since the morning after I installed this box, I have to restart it every day. It's just a matter of switching it off and on again, but if I don't, I can't connect to it and devices that are already connected to it get intermittent service. This means that I have to go down to the kitchen and reset it before I can download and read the news on my iPad. I've knocked a couple of stars off my rating because this is unacceptable behaviour as far as I'm concerned.

UPDATE - Aug 2012
======
I've now shelved this useless piece of junk. I have replaced it with a pair of TP-LINK Powerline adapters. The one that I plug into my router has only one Ethernet port and the other one has one Ethernet port and is also a WiFi access point. I configured the WiFi access point with the same name and password as my main router and my devices now connect to whichever is nearest.

In summary:
Don't waste your time and money with a WiFi extender like this one, just use Powerline networking as it's faster, lower latency and more reliable by far.
I now use: TP Link TL-WPA281KIT AV200 Powerline Extender with Wireless N Access Point Starter Kit