on 8 October 2011
I bought two of these for my new home they are really nice and good quality, customer service was excellent
on 13 May 2013
This is a Great item,Very Well Made and Packaged.Easy to Fit [10 mins only].Roper Rhodes is a well respected Brand,its not cheap but worth the money.Seller also good would use again.Thoroughly recommend this Item.
on 5 June 2015
I've given up trying to find a decent quality finish Roper Rhodes walnut soft close seat after 4 separate attempts; 1 was split, 1 was split and chipped and 2 each had a single contrastingly different coloured wood strip compared to the 4 others that make up the lid.......I expect some minor colour variations but I don't want a walnut and oak striped seat.......I want a walnut one. It's a shame that the split and chipped ones looked perfect in colour.....Infuriating!!!

On the plus side.....the service from Amazon to collect and refund the costs has been speedy and faultless.
on 11 February 2013
Tried to buy one locally but no joy.. worried about not seeing it in the flesh but it arrived very quickly and we were delighted with the colour and quality! Completes our new bathroom beautifully!
on 9 March 2015
The seat itself is very well made, however the reason that I have only given it 3 stars is, 5 strips of wood to make the seat cover, not all the same colour, matching only slightly, the brackets whilst being robust are not the easiest to sort out and fit, follow the instructions carefully ! . Overall well made and robust, for the price I hope that it stays that way for a long time.
on 9 August 2013
Very pleased with this; it's a top quality item which was relatively easy to fit and works exactly as it should. Swift delivery too!
on 19 February 2015
A very nicely made piece. Extremely pleased with this product. Much nicer in walnut as opposed to mahogany in my opinion. It was so easy to install - took all of 10 minutes to remove old seat and put this one on.
on 19 October 2015
I thought it was great when I received it 3 yrs ago (not bought through Amazon). Looked fabulous when new. But after 3 years: The wood finish/varnish has cracked / lifted on bottom of seat. Then the hinge for the lid sheared off - the metal is very thin around the screws and is made of a brittle cast material. I am surprised by the good reviews here on Amazon, the reviews of Roper Rhodes toilet seats on John Lewis website are terrible.
on 1 June 2015
I'd give it 5, but the nylon fixings that make this a top-adjustable seat turned out to be slightly too wide for the holes in our pretty standard Shires Waverley loo. Not a disaster - my husband managed to shave off a little nylon with a chisel - but I was worried at first that this very good quality seat was going to have to go back.
on 1 May 2016
Not worth the money at all. For this kind of price the finishing should be good but my toilet seat has a rough edge and a hole which has been filled badly with wood filler. The soft close feature is also extremely slow.
review image review image