Size: 0.10 mm, 0.30 mm, 0.50 mm|Style Name: Fineliner Set Blister|Change

on 7 September 2010
The name sells this incredible pen set. Fluid free flowing fits neatly into ones hand. Water proof ink is a great help especially for water colour washes. As a cartoonist i have dropped my expensive drawing pens and use only this cracking set of pens. The ink window shows the quantity of ink but like all pens try to refit the top after use a great piece of kit.
on 1 December 2010
Over the years I've tried possibly every brand of 'liner' type pen. These are my favourites for two reasons...

1. The nibs have a rounded tip which makes free flowing movement so much easier.
2. The ink is waterproof and doesn't send your drawing all muddy when you work over the line work in another media.
In my opinion, and I'm an illustrator, these are the gold standard in fibre-tip pens. Mainly because they have a good ink-flow, which for my work is important. Just about any others that I have tried and I have tried many, feel like the ink is drying and I'm fighting the paper. Tikky pens flow smoothly and keep up with my drawing. What make these pens a plus is that they are not the usual set of 0.3, 0.5, 0.7. Instead they are a more useful set, start finer finish thicker and double up each time. You need to be careful with the two smaller ones - lend them to almost anyone and the points will come back damaged - I guard mine or lend the 0.5 from the other pack. Brilliantly wonderful.
on 13 February 2012
Very fast delivery and pens as described. Nice to draw with and good, even flow of ink. The three different nib sizes make them a useful set to own.
on 22 September 2012
As a lover of the fine Rotring range of draftsman`s ink pens for ink drawing I was a little unsure of these pens but now I`ve used them can say that I do like them. Not as high maintenance as the ink pens,convenient and tactile to use.
on 27 November 2011
These pens are very good. They come in 3 different sizes and are adequate if you want to add small details like hatching and cross hatching to your art works. The quality of the pens are great and i would definitely recommend!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 September 2014
I persevered with my Rotring Rapidograph pens for about a year for technical drawing until I finally got fed up of the uneven ink flow, the clogging and the general aggravation factor involved in using them. I was spending as much time correcting my drawings as I was actually drawing. I have tried various alternatives and have found these are probably the best. I have cut the time I spend on drawing by a significant margin and my mood at the end of a drawing session is considerably better than with the Rapidographs. The non-refillable version is perhaps less precise in terms of the line width and the ink takes a little longer to dry, but these downsides are, for me at least, more than made up for in the ease of use and the consistent ink flow. The refillable Rapidograph pens will probably be cheaper in the long term but the time-saving for me from using the non-refillable ones outweighs that. I thought I was wimping out but then I met a landscape architect who told me he had given up on the Rapidographs years ago. If you are struggling with Rapidographs these are definitely worth a look.
on 10 July 2012
I'm studying architecture at University and I still have to do technical drawings by hand - even though everyone uses computers these days. As such, I need a set of pens of varying widths. I could use the old-style refillable pens, but I found them quite fiddly, and you never want to spill any of the ink. So I decided to try these pens as an alternative, and they fit the bill perfectly.

I can't say that the width of the pens match the specified widths, but they are consistently the same width during use. So, if the 0.1mm pen is actually 0.12mm, then it stays at 0.12mm during the lifetime of the pen. Also these pens never dry up until the end of their use. Finally, these pens never leak all over the place, or dry out - they're always ready for use.

True, they're not great for general drawing as they are meant to be used almost vertically but, for technical drawing pens, they're pretty much ideal.

I don't know why anyone would use the old style refillable pens when these are so much more convenient.
on 26 October 2013
First of all, I must stress that I am a big fan of Rotring products, which I own and are simply outstanding. Although I don't usually buy disposable pens, owing to environmental concerns, I decided to try this one, as an exception. However, I am disappointed, not with the overall quality of the pen and ink, which is excellent, but with its writing quality.
Line inconsistency is the main problem I found with this pen and, to a certain extent, ink flow. If you hold the pen at an angle, the tip somehow changes it shape, becoming kind of chisel-like and thereby altering line width. This is not only unsightly, if you're using the pen for writing, but also frustrating if it is used for drawing (as I do), where line consistency in cross-hatching is required. Also, the flow of ink to the nib can be a bit slow.
Perhaps this explains why the pen is disposable.
So if you're looking for line consistency in your writing or drawings, don't expect to get it with this pen. Not recommended. Buy the all-aluminium, rechargeable Rotring Tikky liner, which comes in 0.3, 0.5, 0.7mm and you'll get a top quality product, with the added bonus that it lets you monitor ink level as well.

Jose Luis