4.0 out of 5 stars A great deal
Published on 12 Mar. 2013 by Kaju

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks like it was rushed...
I am a big fan of the Assassin's Creed series and I hoped this game will be an improvement over the previous ones. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.
Overall, the game is not too bad. However, there are a lot of issues; for example, the event trigger zones are too small and it happened more than once to miss them with a few centimeters (in the game's reference...
Published on 8 Jan. 2012 by Bogdan S

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A great deal, 12 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Revelations - Collector’s Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
When I first saw it, I was amazed by the size of the box (I was expecting a DVD-size box - my first collector's edition purchase in any game). I also love the simple mechanism in the box where you push the button upwards and the top cover opens. Having said that, I wished they have something inside the box to cushion its contents. You could hear the contents of the box move and hitting the box when you tilt it sideways.

For its contents, I am really happy. I have never watched Assassin's Creed: Embers, so its a good bonus for me. The Assassin's Creed Soundtrack was also something I am really happy. I love the tracks 1 - 3. But, I am having trouble trying to find the album information online (either on Google search, iTunes or WIndows Media Player online metatag search). Then ofcourse, the game itself and the bonus single-player side missions. The game itself came with paper manual, which I am always expecting (I bought some new games that didn't come with paper manual as they are saving paper e.g. Assassin's Creed II).

I almost forgot, the graphic book was also included. It's not something of a wow item - but it is not something I wouldn't dismiss as well.

Great item, great price. Overall, OK!

Only factor that made this rating a 4-star is because of the lack of cushioning inside the box to prevent the items from shaking inside the box when the box is moved.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for current fans, not the best entry point for new players, 7 Dec. 2011
J. Chapman - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
In many ways, this is the best AC yet. However, it's also got a number of glaring misfires, and some features are inexplicably worse than they were in the last game ("Brotherhood").

New players can safely skip the original Assassin's Creed and go straight for AC II, which neatly recaps the events of AC I in its intro. Brotherhood built on the theme of AC II very well, and both can be bought very cheaply now. Revelations is a great reward to those players who've loved the series so far, but you need to have built up that love to overlook a few flaws. Revelations has been referred to as Brotherhood 2 by many people, and that's a fair point. It feels like a stepping stone from the AC II era towards whatever AC III will be.

All of that said, the graphics are beautiful and the gameplay can still give you that heart-in-your-mouth feeling. A recent addition to the series was the option to complete stages with 50% sync or 100% sync, depending on whether you achieved only the main aim or if you did everything exactly as the protagonist did it in the past (he never existed, but suspend your disbelief). I almost wish the makers made it mandatory to complete a certain number of missions at 100%, because it's certainly possible to breeze through this and wonder what the fuss is about. Challenge yourself and you'll find it a lot more gripping.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 18 Mar. 2014
The Assassin's Creed series have always been a great example of story and gaming brought together and this one - Revelations - does not dissapoint.

However, only two downsides to the series in general:

- If you, like me, have played the games since the first one, by the time you get to Revelations, or even to Assassin's Creed 3, you'll be a bit bored or even tired of the games. Still, they're worth it.

- Secondly, the mission Secondary Objectives: If you are a bit of a completionist and like to unlock or those achievements and even the 100% SYNC feature of the game, these Secondary Objectives will lead you to hair ripping levels of anger. They're not impossible, but some of them, either by sheer creative stupidity, or even because of slight glimpse of bad console porting, will make you look like you have Tourette's.

Other than this, I highly recommend this game and the other ones of the Assassin's Creed series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for series fans, 7 Dec. 2013
C (England) - See all my reviews
If you're a fan of the AC series, fan from the start or just getting into it, then I would recommend this edition for sure especially if you're one of those people who like to get game merchandise. Considering I bought this from amazon at £7 to say I'm pleased is an understatement, the contents are great and the movie is a nice touch as well but the soundtrack doesn't have it's own case which was a little bit of a let down for me as I would prefer to store

Just want to add as well that I was thrilled by the box itself...entertained me for quite a while, opening and closing it xD Would've paid the same price for the box alone, that's how much I like it!

Overall it's a great item and would totally recommend it to people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's Creed Revelations - Collector's Edition, 8 Jan. 2013
This was on sale when I got it, and was well worth the price. A great game with some nice bonuses. Aside from the game you get the game's soundtrack (absolutely beautiful music), an artbook (short but very nice and filled with commentary from the developers), the "Embers" animated short film (another piece to the great story of this game series), and bonus DLC (Single player bonus mission and armor, and two multiplayer characters).

I highly reccomend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars What's In The Collector's Edition?, 10 Oct. 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I am a big fan of Assassin's Creed, so I enjoyed the story in this one. The multiplayer is improved as well which is nice

To see the unboxing video of this edition, please see the link below;
youtu.be/jWdvJ9zvXMo (copy and paste into address bar)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice collectors edition, 2 Dec. 2013
I'm a big fan of Assassin's Creed, I have the original game but, when I saw this I just couldn't resist buying this as it is a collector's item. It came on time and was well packaged. Very happy with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this game, 2 Jan. 2014
I love the assassins games this one unlike some of the others is playable beautiful graphics well laid out also unlike some of the other assassins Creed games I've managed to completed it

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good and good contents, 26 Nov. 2013
I love the contents, the film was worth it on its own, the game in itself is also a amazing and fitting conclusion the the story archs of both Ezio and Altair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, good price, not bad edition., 30 Aug. 2013
A worthy continuation of a great series.
Good edition for £ 12.
Mandatory purchase for fans.
Fast delivery.
All is fine :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Assassin's Creed Revelations - Collector’s Edition (PC DVD)