4.0 out of 5 stars Great DSLR, 9 April 2012
This review is from: Sony SLTA35K Digital SLR Camera - Black (16.2MP, 18-55mm Lens) 3-inch LCD (Electronics)
I purchased this as an upgrade from a previous Sony DSLR.
This has an amazing array of features, too many to list here, but all easily accessed in 'automatic' or for the more adventurous 'programmable' modes. This model is also slightly smaller in size, which makes it much more natural to hold and operate. Most importantly the final output picture quality is Fantastic.
I have deducted a star, as (unlike previous) models, Sony has Removed(!) the tilting screen- a Stupid thing to do and this is a real shame, however the electronic viewfinder (and rear screen) do have a very high detailed resolution.
Sony have also moved away from Compact Flash for SD (cost?) so if your upgrading, like me, you will need to buy new memory cards (it does still ALSO take Sony Memory stick too which is great.)
The FULL HD resolution video is a nice feature, and the 'electronic' mirror, so they have done away with the 'reflex' and thus frames per second is now very fast.
Overall a very good camera in both build quality and picture resolution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera, 4 May 2012
I bought this on Boxing Day 2011 and have not been disappointed. Images are fantastic and it is so easy to use. Either AUTO or Aperture / Shutter priority settings you can't get it wrong. I had a concern with the "translucent" mirror and its ability to reduce light getting onto the sensor, creating noise, but this is just not happening. I just bought a Sony 50mm f1.8 lens and the sharpness and low light quality of the pictures are a joy. Video is easy, high definition, effortless. Compact, light, build quality is top notch for this level of cameras. Highly recommended, good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera if you are new to DLSR, 30 May 2012
Quite simply this is a brilliant camera. Its my first step into the world of DLSR photography and having looked at other leading makes I went for the A35 for its ease of use, small lighter body, and excellent functionality. The picture quality is superb and after a few minutes i was taking some great photos. I'd recommend going on a one day 'intro to Dlsr cameras' course - as this really opened up my eyes to all thevfeatures and importantly how best to use them. Suffice to say i'll rarely use the Auto setting in future.

The winning thing about this camera is its user interface - with onscreen display of the settings and a simple way of making changes using the rotary wheel. Each option has an explanation pop up - and once you get familiar this feature can be switched off.

I can thoroughly recommend this camera - although my wife now finds me lagging behind most of the time when we are out walking to take shots

4.0 out of 5 stars It would get 5 but is eats batteries while switched off, 1 Jun 2013
This is my first DSLR and I bought a 75-300 zoom as well for the complete package. As with my old film SLR there's more features than I will probably ever make use of but the shooting is easy and I have managed some great shots from the first time out. I'm glad I bought the second battery though, because this thing eats power while not being used - full charge to < 10% in about 5-6 weeks! In use, I managed 5 hours shooting at Duxford airshow and probably 750 shoots plus video and still had some charge left in the second battery!
Images are great and the whole thing is easy to use and set up. Either I have a short circuit or something is the clock is very inefficient!