5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic gamer case :D
The Corsair 400r is an amazing and very roomy case which means excellent cable management and excellent airflow. Tool-less drive bays and hdd bays are brilliant I must say took about 1 minute in total to get the HDD and drive in. Also brilliant airflow as you can fit up to 10 case fans, I think up to 6- 140mm fans and 4- 120mm fans. Although I only got the case today I...
Published on 7 Nov 2011 by Caspian

3.0 out of 5 stars Good starter case for gaming builders.
Published 3 months ago by Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, looks sharp, fantastic build quality., 8 July 2014
R. Phillips (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid-Tower Gaming Case (Personal Computers)
Fantastic case! It's much larger than I expected, so I would measure first to make sure it will fit. It appears to be of very high quality, maybe some cheaper plastics in places but all in all very good build quality as you would expect from Corsair. It was very easy to build, the disc drives slot in without hassle and are held securely, same goes for the hard drives. There are plenty of cable routing options to keep it tidy. Design wise, I think the case is very stylish; it's definitely quite understated and maybe bordering on bland, but I think that's part of the appeal, it looks modern and classic, and I definitely prefer it to the typical gaming cases which look they they're on steroids. Someone mentioned in a previous review that the switch to turn off the fans and the switch to reset the computer are too close together and there is a chance of pressing the wrong switch, but I think this being too critical; I have certainly never pressed the reset switch by accident. Perhaps the only gripe is the number of fans; I think there are only 3 supplied, whereas some cases do include 4, but fans are so cheap this isn't really a problem. Lastly, the LEDs on the front fans look fanstastic!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good starter case for gaming builders., 23 Jun 2014
After realising my old setup was producing enough heat to boil a small lake, I took the plunge and bought a new case, with the intent to upgrade everything else over the course of the next few months. The case was top priority to get the heat situation under control, as anytime I wanted to eat chocolate, it would melt as soon as I took it into my room as if I had stepped inside a volcano. Oh, and it was probably melting my components very slowly, too.

I shall simply list the pros and cons of the Carbide 400R below:

Good:
-Lots of room for storage/multiple GPU setups, etc.
-High Airflow, with room for 10 fans. (you will need a fan controller for that many though)
-Sturdy case overall.
-Screws to detach side panels are attached to the case, in case you have a habit of losing them.
-It is an alright-looking case. It's a pity mine is hidden in the only place where it doesn't stick out.

Bad:
-Only two USB 3.0 ports on the front of the case. If you want more you'll need a card reader.
-One of these cases that has a stupid self-attach system for expansion bays.
-When I bought a card reader, aforementioned self-attach system was not able to hold it in place. I am therefore stuck with two USB ports at the front.

Overall, it was an alright case, and it has done me well thus far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is as advertised :-), 4 Mar 2014
Really specious and easy to plug anything you want on it. One thing I don't like on all modern Cases is that the PSU is always located at the bottom but as mentioned this is a global trend ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 26 Feb 2014
Great to work with, well thought out case. Looks understated as well which is nice. Not an ugly case considering others for the price

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Jan 2014
Looks beautiful. The LED fans are cool, too but can be turned on/off as desired which is a plus. Spacious case, good airflow, space for extra fans on the side panel, great cable management. Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality., 28 Nov 2013
It has got a good setup for cable management and it is easy to install drives into the case. Happy with the purchase!

very quality
much case
wow

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case but watch out for the USB 3.0 cable!, 8 Nov 2013
Nickrs (Montgomeryshire) - See all my reviews
This is a great PC case which makes building a home computer much easier than it used to be.

I've been building my own PCs since the early 1990s although recently I've made a hobby out of taking other people's cast off bits and giving them a new lease of life with the help of Linux. This time I decided to build a truly up-to-date computer to run Microsoft Windows 8 for those little jobs like updating my TomTom satnav and my BlackBerry Z10 smart phone which I don't seem able to do with Ubuntu. I chose this case as I was impressed by the neat cable routing features, the reasonable price and having the security of a good brand name.

I equipped my case with two extra 140mm Corsair fans in the top panel to blow extra cooling air over the fourth generation i5 CPU. Fitting the motherboard was a breeze with plenty of space to work in and all the mounting points were correctly placed, similarly installing the optical and hard drives was easy. Fitting the Corsair 750w PSU in the floor of the case did require a bit of effort to get the screws aligned correctly but I didn't have to bodge anything. Routing all the cables neatly behind the main motherboard mounting plate and inside the side panel blister was so simple that I can see a lot of thought has gone into the design of the 400R. This case makes building a tidy PC very easy indeed. It is at this point that I had my only problem, the flying lead from the USB 3.0 ports on the front control panel disintegrated when I tried to plug it into the header on my Asus motherboard, I was not impressed as the rest of the build went completely without a hitch. I now have the opinion that 20pin USB 3.0 plugs can be very fragile and should be treated with extreme care. I raised a fault with Corsair via their website and a complete new front control panel assembly with associated cables was couriered out to me from The Netherlands within two days free of charge, excellent customer service!!!

So to conclude, this case is extremely well designed and makes building your own PC very straight forward, the ability to route all the wiring neatly is particularly impressive. Just watch out for the USB 3.0 plug.

Very highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Corsair Carbide Series 400R, 11 Aug 2013
Well the delivery of it was good, the hard drive bays were easy to take out and putting a hard drive in was easy as hell. The case is solid, has a lot of room for cable management, has water cooling holes, everything you need really. Used it for my first build 9/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of room and looks sweet, 23 Mar 2013
This case has really high build quality and is a significant improvement on my old case. There is loads of room if I ever want to fit a Corsair water-cooler or something like that. Keeps my components cool and gromits for cable management are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Cases i ve seen and with lots of room, 11 Mar 2013
One of the best Cases i ve seen and with lots of room and space to add more devices without cables running around