on 14 June 2015
Maggie is going through a rough time and her graduation is nothing like what her fellow students. She decides to go out with one of her long time friends on the spur of the moment .

Caleb is a college student in a different part of the country and attends his cousin's Kyle graduation celebration. Caleb and Maggie have a chance encounter and discover that they are both going in the same direction. The twists in this story begin to surface. Kyle and Caleb are not who they appear to be.

Caleb's and Maggie's love story begins and soon her life is in danger. Rivalry and jealousy rear their ugly heads. I like the way Caleb faces all the obstacles and his patience is quite admirable. His family is very supportive too but there is always one! Maggie is a strong character but is also full of self doubts, mainly due to some of the events in her family life.

The story line is unique in its own way and I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. This would appeal to those who like a paranormal romance which will keep them on the edge of their seats.

I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
on 16 February 2013
Really good idea for a storyline, but I found it the poor grammar quite hard to take. Once you get past that, the basic story is imaginative and entertaining.
on 9 July 2012
I absolutely loved this book and all the characters in it, they are brought to life extremely well by the hand, pen and mind of Shelly Crane. It's definitely a feel good book and will have you laughing out loud at some parts, oooohing and aaaaahing at others and routing for the good guys to win. I love the main characters, Maggie and Caleb and I love the construction of the story. For me this book had everything, a great romance, it's interspersed with danger, love, jealousy, friendship, family ties and great action scenes. I would really love this to be snapped up and made into a film, it has all the makings of being a massive hit with YA and Adults alike. I am looking forward immensely to devouring book 2.
on 14 February 2016
Maggie's having a rough year. Her brother moved away for studies and work, her mother left her and her dad for no good reason and her boyfriend of three years dumps her shortly after this. She has always been a straight A student but now she doesn't care anymore. Ever since her mother left her father has been depressed and distant so Maggie has to make her own money to buy clothes, food and whatever she needs for school. When she graduates her father doesn't even look proud and Maggie is very hurt by that. She agrees to meet Kyle after his party so that they can go out. Kyle is a very good friend even though he would really wants to be more than that. On her way to Kyle's house she meets Caleb. Or more accurately she actually saves his life.

Caleb comes from a supernatural family. To attain his supernatural ability he has to imprint with his significant other. Imprinting hasn't happened in a very long time. Instead of looking at the road Caleb is checking Maggie out. Because of that he doesn't see a truck coming. Before he knows it he is pulled back and is lying on the pavement with Maggie. When they introduce themselves to each other they imprint. Caleb's family is over the moon and can't wait to give Maggie a proper welcome. It turns out that not everyone is happy with the fact that the imprint has happened though. The Watson family, a rival clan, will do whatever they can to stop Caleb and Maggie to gain their supernatural powers.

Maggie is such a sweetheart. So many bad things have happened to her at such a young age. I really felt for her. She deserved it to find Caleb. Someone who will love her forever and will never leave her. Shelly Crane really knows how to make your heart swell with her words. She describes perfectly what infinite love must feel like.

"I'm not going to scare her. She knows me, inside. She knows me, just like I do her, Kyle. It's exactly like they always described it. I can feel her heart beating."

Significance is an amazing story with all the elements I love. It has love and friendship mixed with action and paranormal abilities. I really recommend this book if you are looking for a perfect Valentine's Day read.
on 18 October 2012
You know that feeling when you start reading a book and you immediately know that you will love it. Well, that is exactly what happened to me when I started reading Significance. Considering that this is supposed to be categorized as YA paranormal genre, story was quite intense and it was mostly because of all those feelings Maggie and Caleb had for each other. I believe that deep down every single person wants to find his/her "significant", someone you can be completely in tune with, someone who can make your life complete and happy. The story was pretty suspenseful too and I immensely enjoyed myself when reading it.

I was so relieved that this was not about some love triangle. Also, it never turned into some sappy love story. Shelly Crane is really one incredible writer. Honestly, I loved everything about this book. I loved relationship between Maggie and Caleb, I liked supernatural stuff and I really liked Caleb's family. The only person who was getting on my nerves was Kyle. I could see his point but he was bitter and immature. And even though he was not a bad guy, I just could not like him. Otherwise, characters were perfectly depicted and I liked Maggie as main narrator a lot. She was very sweet, likeable, funny and I had no problem to connect and symphathized with her. Moreover, I love responsible man and that is exactly what Caleb is. I cannot praise him enough and he has definitely became one of my most favourite book characters.

So many interesting things and ideas were presented in this book. I really love this book and it deserves a place on my favourite bookself. Cannot wait to read next books in this series.
on 10 December 2015
This series must be read in order. This is the first book. I can't wait to find out what happens next in Accordance!

Maggie should be excited and have realized her dreams... She should be valedictorian and going off to college. If only she hadn't spent her senior year being antisocial and working so she could afford the things she needed. If only her dad wasn't a zombie and her mom (the sleeve) hadn't abandoned them and took everything of value with her. Now she has mediocre grades, no money to college and no real prospects for a future. Deciding to go out with her friend Kyle (what could it hurt?) After graduation seems to be a minor step in the right direction. Unable to sit and wait for Kyle's text when her father is being as denigrating to her as her mother was forces Mags out because she can no longer stand it. Seeing a mysterious and strane guy on the bus stop that she is immediately attracted to catches her off guard. Who is he? Will she ever see him again? Would he even want her?

***This series is suitable for mature young adult through adult readers who enjoy a little uniqueness in their new adult thriller suspense paranormal romance with a lot of intrigue and some horror :)
on 27 August 2013
I literally could not put this book down. There is something captivating about it and I'm thoroughly looking forward to reading the others!
on 9 July 2015
My heart goes out to Maggie. Such a sad young girl going through the rhythms of life, with all its ups and its downs, its drama, turmoils and struggles. Her unhappy mother went up and left her family behind in search of a better life, leaving them broken and scarred. The father can barely make ends meet under his dose of depression and young Maggie has personal struggles of her own.

Then life takes a turn when she has a date with someone, then ends up saving his cousin's life, and its love a first touch. Sparks literally fly and two souls begin pulsing and aching for each other. The entire story you are encouraged to read for yourself, unfold each breathtaking chapter page by page.

Shelly Crane is a terrific writer and I am excited about what she comes up with next.

Al-Khemet Book Club JUL 2015
on 12 August 2014
Significance is a book that definitely stood out for me. If i had to answer why, it would be because of the plot. It is so original and unusual and i loved it.
The idea of having a soulmate, knowing that you belong with a person simply by touching and forever in love with them just made me fall in love with this book. (Yes, i might be a little bit of a hopeless romantic but you can't deny one of the reasons you read is to escape from reality and see a different world and this book does NOT disappoint.)
I loved Caleb, he wasn't a mysterious, player/ bad boy which i am very grateful for. Maggie too is lovable and we see her grow and accept this new world she is introduced to head on.
This is a book that i have read more than once and i am so glad Shelly Crane decided to make this amazing story into a series.
on 8 June 2012
I never thought i could love a book as much as this but WOW! this book was absolutely amazing...the passion between the two characters (Maggie and Caleb) really showed through...
When i first read the blurb and saw the word 'imprinted' i immediately thought of twilight. i do like twilight but i was worried that this was just going to be a copy (without the wolves and vampires) :P
But i could not have been more wrong...i LOVED the story line and everything about the book.

It is definately up the on my favourite books ever list in my mind and probably will be one of my favourite series' toooo! -once i finish reading the next two-(which i have already bought)

I really recommend this book and i hope that you enjoy it if you decide to buy...which by the way you should ;D

A xx