Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.24

on 1 November 2000
Lynne Truss (before Bridget Jones & her ilk) offers us a guide to the life of a cat-'owning' modern single woman. Truss takes the decision to work from home and also finds herself single. She regales us with her struggles with procrastination, single banannas, unclear cooking instructions, & the ungrateful (and occasionally homicidal) nature of cats. I love this book and have read it more than once; it made me laugh aloud all the way through.
VINE VOICEon 26 February 2011
I found this book laugh out loud funny and sometimes tears rolling down face funny.
I suspect that it will appeal to those who fall into more than one of the following categories (pun intended!)
1. Female
2. Own a cat or cats
3. Are single or in and out of relationships
4. Find life rather puzzling
5 Enjoyed reading Bridget Jones' Diaries
Lynne's observations on life are slightly exaggerated, enough to be very funny without taking it into the annoying realms of whimsy or improbability. I enjoyed reading these very much but only gave it four stars because it did begin to pall by the end of the book. Once I was familiar with her style, it stopped being as funny but remained well observed and horribly true.
I would recommend this as a light and amusing read to anyone who falls into one or more of the categories listed above.
on 17 December 2013
This book made me laugh out loud when I first read it and I'm glad now to have it on the kindle and to be able to re-read it. It's a good book to dip into, as it's a collection of articles.
on 23 April 2014
I saw a review for this in the Sunday paper and downloaded a copy at once. So entertaining and well written that I read it at one
fell swoop. I know that it is fiction but I did find some bits to be a tad sad and I so much wanted a happy ending. Not even a cat
lady but I totally loved this book. There are times when something lightweight hits the spot, thank you Lynne Truss.
on 27 April 2014
A great light read, very entertaining and at times laugh-out-loud funny, largely because it is so instantly relatable! This is the first of this author's books I have read after they were recommended to me, and it won't be the last.
on 14 May 2015
Am glad she made the cat laugh cos she didn't make me smile much! Got a little bored part way through (but then did the same with eats shoots and leaves) but picked up the pace a bit towards the end.
on 14 November 2015
I frequently laughed aloud at Ms Truss's anecdotes. Great book to pick up from time to time without having to remember the plot so far or who's who. Therefore ideal to have on app on my phone.
VINE VOICEon 21 May 2014
I am a great fan of Lynne Truss's writing, but this really didn't tick the boxes. I gave up after about 30 pages as I just found it heavy weather and really not funny. Sorry if you disagree!
on 22 December 2015
It would have been five stars if I was a native from the UK. But this way some of the stories went over my head. So the 4 stars say nothing about the quality - rather about my ineptitude.
on 14 September 2015
I've not read it but this lady grabs my attention. The title is alluring due to indicating a cat 🐱 with a sense of humour.