5.0 out of 5 stars Good Tv
Ill try and add what other people haven't so far.

The tv has good picture quality, the sound quality is the same as all of these super thin TVs its ok but a bit thin

Published on 8 Nov 2011 by davey book reader

3.0 out of 5 stars It's nothing special..
I expected more from Toshiba. The picture is quality is good, the audio is poor. The menu system is slow - and changing channels is slower. You can watch avi video files from a USB pen - but you can't record TV on the USB pen. There are also no dedicated buttons on the remote for video playback.

My 32" Evotel LCD, while the picture quality isn't as good,...
Published on 8 Nov 2011 by Sean

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Tv, 8 Nov 2011
Ill try and add what other people haven't so far.

The usb function can play most video formats including the usual HD formats right up to 1080p perfectly, the interface for this is also one of the better ive seen (I normally use xbmc)

I plugged the TV in to a watt meter, it draws 55-60w watching tv at a normal volume, this is a big improvement over my older 26" hitachi LCD that uses 120-130w for comparison some of the plasmas ive tested draw >300w this is about as low a 32" tv as ive seen for power consumption

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value, 8 Sep 2011
J. Lawson (UK) - See all my reviews
This was bought for our caravan; it is our first LED tv and whata difference it makes to LCD!!! The picture is so clear and crisp, the set up as usual for Toshiba is easy and quick. It ticks all the boxes for our use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Briiliant, 5 Aug 2011
Yet again the service was brilliant, picture quality is great, makes Hd stand out. Downside cannot switch it off from standby without turning off a the plug. Easy to set up with no issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent television, 17 April 2012
Overall, a very good television. Setting up was reasonably easy, though I didn't find the instruction manual of much use in that it didn't really detail a lot of the picture/sound options, meaning that optimizing the picture and sound is a somewhat haphazard process of trawling through the menus and playing around to see what the functions actually do.

The picture is sharp and vibrant, and remains watchable even at fairly acute viewing angles. Some people have commented that the sound is sub-par, though I have found it to be better than most televisions of this type, and I would say it is even better than my old behemoth CRT television with much bigger speakers. Saying that, it is probably fair to say that my hearing is probably not particulary discerning. Overall, I would say that anybody expecting high-fidelity sound from the internal speakers of a television of this type is always going to be disappointed. It's early days and I'm still playing around with some of the more obscure features, though at this stage I'm more than happy with this purchase. I have a number of Toshiba products, and this, like all the others seems to be a very solid performer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent VFM and low running cost, 14 Sep 2011
Mr. Nigel A. Cartwright (Chelmsford Essex UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent value for money , I was looking for a reasonably priced 32 inch TV for the bedroom and this fitted the bill perfectly and also being LED the power usage is quite low compared to plasma and LCD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for it's price...by far!, 30 Dec 2011
Tom (Saffron Walden, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
After receiving this item only 2 days after I ordered it, it was only a matter of minutes before the TV was up and running. The picture is incredibly bright and clear and makes my 1080p Xbox 360 image look amazing. The remote is responsive and the menu displays are nice and simplistic.

Make sure you have an aerial cable for the TV and an HDMI cable for any added appliances as neither are included in the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value LED TV, 19 Dec 2011
For the price, it is hard to beat. You get LED screen with Full HD.
The image quality is very good (try the Shop image setting, brighter and more dynamic than the standard setting) and you
get plenty of outputs (VGA, 2 x HDMI, SCART, RCA). I use it for Freeview, DVD/Blue Rays and playing Wii/PS3 games.

There are some downsides however: the image processor is not great which means that if you use the 'Dynamic' setting, brightness adjustments are really slow and disturbing. The sound is really weak but this is not something uncommon for LED TV, plug it to a Hi-Fi system! Freeview is not HD, what a pity.

Recommended if you want LED and FULL HD at a bargain price without sacrificing too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars 32" Toshiba, 14 Sep 2011
Great picture.Slim design.A steal at the price.Easy to use and has all the facilities that one could wish form.I rate this television highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars great tv, 30 Jan 2012
i bought this tv for my son to play the ps3 on and think its a great tv with a great picture excellent value for money and he loves it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as a cheap large monitor, 25 Nov 2011
Gadget Fan (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is a slightly different review, as I did not buy this as a TV, I bought this as a super sized monitor. I will still use it as a TV but it is not it's primary purpose, so I'll concentrate on what it is a like as a monitor.

Now you can buy IPS panel TVs, but they are roughly twice the price. If you are doing any kind of work that requires detailed graphics or photography, then this Toshiba TV might not be for you. IPS panels have much more faithful colour reproduction and are used in high-end monitors like the Dell Ultrasharp and Apple displays, but these are serious money for such large screens. Not sure how the IPS panel TVs fair, but one would assume they would be better, and still much cheaper than the displays by Dell and Apple, but also at 1080P also have much lower resolution than the displays.

Anyway, I've kind of gone off topic. The point is this display is actually pretty good as monitor, although 1080P at 32" is right at the limit, you can see some loss of sharpness when compared with my old 22" display. As I'm only doing HTML work and browsing the web it is absolutely fine. The LED backlight means that the energy consumption is lower and generally the pic quality seems better when watching TV (compared with my older 37" 720P LCD Tosh). Certainly the contrast is much much better than my previous LCD TV.

It's surprising how quickly you get used to the screen size, I was worried it would be too big but now I'm loving being able to see things a bit bigger. The headphone socket makes it useful to plug your headphones in, it's one less thing I have to unplug from my laptop when I go home.

To get the most out of this you will have to play around with it a fair bit to calibrate the screen and get the right settings. I simply adjusted it until it was as close to my MacBook display as possible. Connecting it up is simple as you can simply plug straight into the HDMI, or VGA if you do not have HDMI. Tried both and they both look pretty good.

Even if I was using this as TV, I would not have worried about the lack of a freeview HD tuner. Sure it's a nice to have, but like many people I've got used to Freeview+ now and recording my shows and pausing live TV. Much prefer never to use a TV's built in tuner, and instead save the money from buying a non freeview HD TV, and put it towards a Freeview HD PVR. I think the Freeview HD version (at the time of writing) is around 100 more, so that'a a large chunk towards a HD PVR - my brother in law has the Toshiba HDR5010 which is excellent by the way, although am tempted by the Humax STB which now supports recording to USB.

As a TV this works really well, and def is a step up from my old 37" 720P LCD TV, picture is sharper and even fast moving objects are smoother, despite this being only a 50Hz. Although you will not want to watch lots of football on this TV as it is one of the sports that shows up any 50hz for being a little slow on the refresh rate.

One final note is that I bought Toshiba again because my last one is still going strong 5 years after buying without causing me even the slightest problem.

ARRAY(0xafa441a4)