5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but worth it

Product:
Published on 13 July 2012 by AnotherJaneDoe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but worth it, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Fairy Lights - Kasbah Glass Lanterns - 20 LED String Lights - Mains Powered - ThinkGadgets - Transformer Supplied
I bought these 'fairy' lights because they looked to be something a bit out of the ordinary to help decorate for a couple's first night wedding bedroom. I wasn't disappointed, and they look just like the photograph on the Amazon site. They are gorgeous, and, clearly, very delicate-looking, and need care in handling, as they're hand made. However, there were none broken on arrival and all the lights worked. They will make the room very special.

The lights are about 5cm x 5cm each. The electrics seem solid. Getting them carefully back in the box after inspecting them was a bit of a chore, as I took great care in handling them, but that's not a criticism, just a comment.

If you want special fairy lights, I highly recommend them. They're expensive, but worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kasbah lights, 7 Jan 2012
You have to see these good quality lights - if you like something different and quirky these are for you - I was delighted with my purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars really lovely, 23 Mar 2012
these lights look really pretty even before they are switched on. Once alight they are stunning. I have mine in the bedroom twined around the curtain rail. The cutains are a deep green faux silk and the subtle colours of the lights add a look of somethat decadent luxury. I have put the lights on a time switch so that they are alight when I go to bed and then switch themselves off without me having to get up.

5.0 out of 5 stars brill, 17 Jan 2012
I was pleased with these as soon as I opened the box, I'd not expected them to be glass and so beautifully delicate. I am delighted with them, although I bought them for christmas I have kept them up as I like them so much. Very pleased with the purchase. Didn't have any problems with the delivery or packaging.

3.0 out of 5 stars Half and Half, 13 July 2012
Product:
I'm torn about this product. When it arrived in the packaging, I must admit, I was really underwhelmed! Don't get me wrong, the lights are beautiful BUT they had some sort of a gloss coating (perhaps it's what gives the glass it's colour?) and it was worn out. Certain glass pieces weren't that bad and still has that shine that glass has but others are matt in finish. The shape of the glass pieces are good and consistent. Where this lights really work their magic is at night, it really is beautiful. Also, the transformer for the lights are kinda loose. For the price you pay, the workmanship could be a whole lot better.
Shipping:
Fast and efficient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 May 2013
I bought these fairy lights in the hope they would last longer than my previous cheap purchases which lasted a only few weeks before at least one light would go. They certainly did not disappoint. I bought these in October last year and since then all of them still work: because they are LED they don't get hot; you can forget to turn them off without the perhaps slightly irrational fear of setting your home on fire(!); most importantly they cast a warm light that looks absolutely fantastic and really adds character to a room. Yes they are more expensive, but the durability is the undoubted benefit of paying that bit extra. I noticed someone mentioned that the gloss on the lights themselves looks slightly worn - I am quite sure that they are in fact meant to be like that and personally I think it really compliments them. When (or if) these ones break I will definitely buy them again and thoroughly recommend to anyone. Money well spent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kasbah fairy lights, 30 Dec 2011
these are lovely lights, promptly sent and well packaged. The glass shades are attractive both on and off. The description was accurate. Even when/if the LEDs fail I will keep them either as baubles or restring them on more lights.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Gorgeous, 21 Jun 2012
These lights are hand made glass and are a beautiful design. The colours are a little different in hue from the picture but I think this is down to the fact that they are lit up in the picture. The glass has a mixed opaque & clear sparkly finish and you can't see the actual bulbs through them which makes them very pretty and of good quality. They give off a decent amount of light. I have twisted them around a pole on a swinging sofa with a canopy & they look beautiful and are very unusual. They are quite expensive but definitely worth the money. The string wiring is of a good quality and there is plenty of length left to plug in. They are LED lights so they won't be everlasting but when they do eventually run out I will just re-string them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 19 Dec 2012
I am so glad I bought them. They look wonderful festooned along the blind at my kitchen window. I have had so many compliments about them and people asking where I had bought them.

After Christmas they are going to be wrapped around the top of a full length mirror in my Moroccan themed bedroom.

They are like coloured glass jewels and shimmer beautifully when lit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful lights, 12 Dec 2012
I bought these but unfortunately one set on my tree dont do them justice. They are lovely but I had to take them off my tree. Hopefully I will be able to get some more next year. Arrived in perfect condition. The only downside is that you only get one replacement.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›