4.0 out of 5 stars Sims with horses !
Published on 22 Oct 2011 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Game is good, EA's response to errors isn't.
Published on 28 Mar 2012 by Ms. J. G. Redford

4.0 out of 5 stars Sims with horses !, 22 Oct 2011
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This is a good expansion pack, which actually adds enjoyment to the game. It is an improvement on the old Sims 2 Pets pack for several reasons. Firstly in addition to customising the look of your pet, you can now customise their accessories and choose from a wider range of character traits. With this pack you can also now actually play as your pet, and are able to fully control their actions and interactions. Your pet now has it's own wishes you can attempt to fulfil to gain "Lifetime Happiness" points.

The best feature of all is the addition of horses. You can ride, train and groom your horse, buy equestrian goods (including different types of jumps), and can even become a "jockey". There is also a lot more new actions, interactions and training features available with the other pets, and new lifetime wishes for your human sims.

In addition to the horses, dogs and cats, you can also collect birds, snakes, lizards and even turtles.

There is a new town full of special "pet features" and if you go the collections section of the Build Menu, you'll find a new Sims 3 Pets collection of building & decor features, pet related goods and furnishings.

There is no instruction manual included in the game box, but you have the option of using the in-game tutorial if you need it, though if you're used to playing the Sims you should be able to work it out as you go along.

So it's a good pack and definitely worth buying if you're a fan of the Sims.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 25 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I've been playing the Sims since the very beginning and I've been waiting for this game to come out, bought it straight away and I love it! I must admit it's more challenging than the other expansions but thats the fun part, and it never gets boring. Would strongly recommend to all the Sims players out there!!

5.0 out of 5 stars PETS!!!, 22 Oct 2011
Eleni - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This is the fifth expansion pack for The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD).

I was really looking forward to this expansion pack and I wasn't disappointed at all. Although there were some very good expansion packs before, this one really adds a completely new element to our gameplay.

The main addition of course are the pets; there are cats, dogs and even horses, which is great. Pets are created just like human Sims and can be as unique and strange as the player likes. Their appearance can be created the same way human Sims are created and they can also have personality traits. Sadly, pets unlike humans can only have up to three personality traits, and as everyone knows, pets have a lot more complex personalities than that. There are also some new personality traits for human Sims, but they are all pet related and not very inspired. The brilliant thing about this expansion is that the player can actually control the pets and have them learn things and interact with humans and other pets.

In addition to the pets, there is a new neighbourhood which is very nice, green and relaxed, but maybe just a little too American. There are new buildings including an equestrian centre and a lot of nice new items. However, unlike other expansions, there are no new careers for human Sims.

In the few hours I played, I created two cats, one dog and a horse, but I think that we can have up to six pets per household. The only downside of this expansion is that I love playing with my sim pets so much, I might begin to neglect my real pets, but real pets are a lot more demanding than these easygoing sim pets, so that is not going to happen.

The game was easy to install to my pc, and I haven't noticed any problems to my gameplay so far, but as I have only played for a few hours, time will tell.

This is a great expansion and definitely an improvement from The Sims 3 - Generations Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) which I didn't really like. I can't wait to see what the next expansion pack will be, but I keep my fingers crossed for a Sim 3 version of Seasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
exactly what you expect from a sims expansion pack, and more. Although it did slow my computer down alot that says more about my computer than anything. very good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought for my partner, she loves it!, 11 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Brilliant little expansion pack, my partner loved the fact she could get a horse! Would recommend to anyone into Sims.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, great quality, quick postage., 7 Oct 2012
Siobhan Carla - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Very fun, brought for my little girl and she loves it and it even had me hooked! The postage was quick, I wasn't expecting it so early, there were no faults. I would defiantly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Long awaited expansion pack!, 22 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
With each generation of Sims (Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3) I've always thought that it's not really Sims until you get pets! So I have been waiting for this pack for some time!

Pets are the best addition you can have, they're fun, you can train them, you care for them, they can have their own babies!
When I first started playing, I wanted one of every pet, so I got a cat, 2 dogs, a womrat and eventually a horse, but I found that looking after them all became a bit difficult, especially looking after the horse, so I had to give a few up for adoption.

It really is a great game, though. The traits the pets have play an important part in the game, as it controls your pets behaviour, and they can even learn new traits if you use the 'Reinforcment' action with your pet and praise or scold them for things they do.

Overall, it's the best expansion pack, but I need to get used to the pets needs before I have a whole house full of them! :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Game is good, EA's response to errors isn't., 28 Mar 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this game when it first came out in Oct 2011 and like thousands of other gamers I came across the widespread graphics glitch. With hope that a new patch would solve the issues I waited patiently for several months until EA finally released one - only to find it solved nothing despite the promises! 3 months after this patch and hoping further patches sort the problem out I've come to the conclusion that EA aren't bothered with trying to fix the errors, especially since I've discovered that they've updated the list of supported graphics cards to exclude 3 very common cards (which conveniently lists mine). Now, I'm sure getting a new graphics card would solve the issue (as having updated my card has fixed nothing) but as a consumer I shouldn't have to pay out extra money just because EA are more interested in releasing the follow-on expansion pack 'Show Time' than sorting out the problems that should have been seen before release. Personally I can't play a game where half the graphics are jumping all over the place, and I'm looking into selling my games.

This is despite the fact that the expansion pack on a whole is rather entertaining. The option to play as a dog, cat or horse is great fun, and I love the new riding skill created for your sims too. The hunting skill for the cat is amusing and whilst I find the same skill for the dog to be a little lacklustre the Create-a-pet section is truly fantastic (or it would have been had I'd been able to see what I was doing properly!) Alongside those 3 main pets you can have caged animals too, from small birds to turtles. Even the little extras like the new clothes are a good addition.

What I'm disappointed about is not the game itself. If you have a fairly decent graphics card you shouldn't have any problems and if you buy this game and find you do just send it back asap. What's caused me to lose interest in a game series I have loved for so long is the obvious lack of effort from EA to respond to their consumer's needs to have a good gaming experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive and worth the wait :), 13 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I had to wait to buy a new laptop just to play sims 3 and it was worth the wait, when I played sims 2 pets I used to build houses with stables just for the hell of it and now I can build stables and actually put horses in them! I have been playing the game for 3 days now and have built afew properties and created a few families. I have bred my horses and designed a zebra horse lol you can enter competitions, go for a ride along the street, visit equestrian centres, go shopping, drive around in your car etc etc. The one thing I'm not keen on is the fact the worlds are pre-made I would prefer to start my own neighbourhood from scratch, which I'm sure if I read the book I may be able to do? I expected a lot more animal themed items with this expansion pack but I'm quite disappointed. You can get horse jumps, water troughs, hitch posts and hay, a ball and a salt lick but I expected more home decor like horse themed wall paper or ribbons to decorate stables and so forth.... The dogs look much better than the sims 2 pet game and the cats are pretty much the same. You can also purchase a bird tree, a snake vivarium, a lizard vivarium, goldfish bowl and a rodent vivarium.

I have only just started so I'll edit the review should I figure anything else out :) I would advise having a quick look for vids of sims 3 pets on you tube just to get a sense of what is to be expected. Love this game now I'm waiting for a whole farmyard expansion pack to be released!! lol

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible disappointment, 23 May 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This was one of my daughter's presents for her 13th birthday. She is very big on the Sims and has an extensive selection, so she had been quite excited to get this. It kept crashing and no matter what we did it never worked. Unfortunately I missed my 30-day returns window so that was £17 waste of my money. Next time, I'll go to GAME.

The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD)
The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) by Electronic Arts (Windows Vista / XP)