4.0 out of 5 stars Sims with horses !
Published on 22 Oct. 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Sims develop pets
This is probably the best expansion that the sims have had in quite a while. Dogs and cats are pretty generic, the dogs get a little more useful with the ability to find treasure and the cats can hunt but the horses have stolen the show.
Published on 12 Mar. 2012 by Thom

4.0 out of 5 stars Sims with horses !, 22 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This is a good expansion pack, which actually adds enjoyment to the game. It is an improvement on the old Sims 2 Pets pack for several reasons. Firstly in addition to customising the look of your pet, you can now customise their accessories and choose from a wider range of character traits. With this pack you can also now actually play as your pet, and are able to fully control their actions and interactions. Your pet now has it's own wishes you can attempt to fulfil to gain "Lifetime Happiness" points.

The best feature of all is the addition of horses. You can ride, train and groom your horse, buy equestrian goods (including different types of jumps), and can even become a "jockey". There is also a lot more new actions, interactions and training features available with the other pets, and new lifetime wishes for your human sims.

In addition to the horses, dogs and cats, you can also collect birds, snakes, lizards and even turtles.

There is a new town full of special "pet features" and if you go the collections section of the Build Menu, you'll find a new Sims 3 Pets collection of building & decor features, pet related goods and furnishings.

There is no instruction manual included in the game box, but you have the option of using the in-game tutorial if you need it, though if you're used to playing the Sims you should be able to work it out as you go along.

So it's a good pack and definitely worth buying if you're a fan of the Sims.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 25 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I've been playing the Sims since the very beginning and I've been waiting for this game to come out, bought it straight away and I love it! I must admit it's more challenging than the other expansions but thats the fun part, and it never gets boring. Would strongly recommend to all the Sims players out there!!

5.0 out of 5 stars PETS!!!, 22 Oct. 2011
Eleni - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This is the fifth expansion pack for The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD).

I was really looking forward to this expansion pack and I wasn't disappointed at all. Although there were some very good expansion packs before, this one really adds a completely new element to our gameplay.

The main addition of course are the pets; there are cats, dogs and even horses, which is great. Pets are created just like human Sims and can be as unique and strange as the player likes. Their appearance can be created the same way human Sims are created and they can also have personality traits. Sadly, pets unlike humans can only have up to three personality traits, and as everyone knows, pets have a lot more complex personalities than that. There are also some new personality traits for human Sims, but they are all pet related and not very inspired. The brilliant thing about this expansion is that the player can actually control the pets and have them learn things and interact with humans and other pets.

In addition to the pets, there is a new neighbourhood which is very nice, green and relaxed, but maybe just a little too American. There are new buildings including an equestrian centre and a lot of nice new items. However, unlike other expansions, there are no new careers for human Sims.

In the few hours I played, I created two cats, one dog and a horse, but I think that we can have up to six pets per household. The only downside of this expansion is that I love playing with my sim pets so much, I might begin to neglect my real pets, but real pets are a lot more demanding than these easygoing sim pets, so that is not going to happen.

The game was easy to install to my pc, and I haven't noticed any problems to my gameplay so far, but as I have only played for a few hours, time will tell.

This is a great expansion and definitely an improvement from The Sims 3 - Generations Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) which I didn't really like. I can't wait to see what the next expansion pack will be, but I keep my fingers crossed for a Sim 3 version of Seasons.

4.0 out of 5 stars -loved it-, 9 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
i found it alot of fun i espically love that is quite country style so very texas themed and the world is pretty big and i find very imaginitive i love the little parks for the dogs and cats
and what it comes with is:
-a world (large,different and of course fun to roam around)
-clothes women and men and some dress up clothes for the kids
-hairstyles women and men includes things like cowboy hats e.t.c
-and of course pets =
cats = very cute very annoying when it comes furniture seing as they actually scratch things like a very expensive couch that someone spent ages saving up for now i also find that honeslty not that fun i am a cat lover but the dog is more fun you can take it on walks and it has alot more stuff to do + if you have supernatural its a good idea to have a witch with a cat ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
dogs= now like cats they do scartch things -_- which leads to you needing to buy a new one -_- but i find they are alot of fun and very sentimental they make bff's with your sims like the cat and there is many different breeds like chiwawa to husky they are split into groups small and large there is not much of a difference they are just big or small so yeah.. and they like cats and horses get traits! woo i loved it they are quite similar to the cats traits but i think there is more to choose from and they lead to the gameplay
-- -- -- - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -
horses = wow i loved this so fun but you will need alot of space for the stable and if you want to train your horse you will need alot of space luckily the houses in the world you you get are quite cheap and have lots of space so yay! and you race other horses and get money and there are three stages easy=bronze medium=silver hard!=gold and you get a cup there are two show jumping and raceing not really very different but yu feel theres a difference
traits- traits are (for sims) animal themed i think there are just about 4 animal lover, cat lover, dog lover and equestrian unfortanitley you cant pick two like dog lover and cat lover without equestrain but you can pick animal lover for all three

3.0 out of 5 stars Sims develop pets, 12 Mar. 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
With the ability to train your horse to race and/or show jump you have a variety of ways to make new income and a whole host of different things to build onto your sims lot.
Training for racing is quite lucrative and needs a medium lot but show jumping is going to need some of the bigger lots available and will take a lot of space. Unicorns are interesting and, for once your going to have to work to see the new content rather than having it spoon fed to you whether it interests you or not (Nightlifes celebrities and vampires spring to mind). There is some new and interesting content to keep your house fun and enough play to even keep the most bored simmer occupied for a weekend.
Wait 'till the price drops then snap it up...

4.0 out of 5 stars So fluffy <3, 12 May 2012
Ms. P. T. Silva Rosario "Petra Rosário" (London, England XD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Bought this as soon as showtime came out so I could take advantage of the price dip.
It was good. I love the addition of pets, A few bugs that still need to be fixed, but you know, thats the sims. I like the new town, I like the horse racing.
I also liked puppies and kittens, but I dislike that there is no pedigree breeding thing, Two of the same breeds makes a mixed breed apparently? and it would be awesome if there was a sale thing for puppies and kittens as I feel sad sending them to the animal shelter :( Animal Shelters are so full already..

I love raising horses. The unicorn is a lovely addition if you can adopt one without cheating, and even then, it is just a horse.
I recommend this expansion pack, definitely. Good amount of pet related items, I can't think of any other addition for sims and things relevant..

It lost a star because.. Well. It is good, just not got the total x-factor.
But worth buying if its under £20

2.0 out of 5 stars Game is good, EA's response to errors isn't., 28 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this game when it first came out in Oct 2011 and like thousands of other gamers I came across the widespread graphics glitch. With hope that a new patch would solve the issues I waited patiently for several months until EA finally released one - only to find it solved nothing despite the promises! 3 months after this patch and hoping further patches sort the problem out I've come to the conclusion that EA aren't bothered with trying to fix the errors, especially since I've discovered that they've updated the list of supported graphics cards to exclude 3 very common cards (which conveniently lists mine). Now, I'm sure getting a new graphics card would solve the issue (as having updated my card has fixed nothing) but as a consumer I shouldn't have to pay out extra money just because EA are more interested in releasing the follow-on expansion pack 'Show Time' than sorting out the problems that should have been seen before release. Personally I can't play a game where half the graphics are jumping all over the place, and I'm looking into selling my games.

This is despite the fact that the expansion pack on a whole is rather entertaining. The option to play as a dog, cat or horse is great fun, and I love the new riding skill created for your sims too. The hunting skill for the cat is amusing and whilst I find the same skill for the dog to be a little lacklustre the Create-a-pet section is truly fantastic (or it would have been had I'd been able to see what I was doing properly!) Alongside those 3 main pets you can have caged animals too, from small birds to turtles. Even the little extras like the new clothes are a good addition.

What I'm disappointed about is not the game itself. If you have a fairly decent graphics card you shouldn't have any problems and if you buy this game and find you do just send it back asap. What's caused me to lose interest in a game series I have loved for so long is the obvious lack of effort from EA to respond to their consumer's needs to have a good gaming experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a whole new game!, 23 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I always find that as soon as I buy a new expansion pack the game becomes new and interesting to play again, this is by far my favourite expansion pack as it adds more to the game than the others I have. It adds not only the pets themselves but a new town, clothes, hair styles, furniture, jobs/professions, traits and life wishes.

Many complain about glitches and slowing their computer down and that is something that you must consider before buying this game. If you already have a few expansion packs installed you may have to sacrifice one for this one. I have three expansion packs and very rarely have any problems at all. I always insure that I save regularly so that if something were to happen I wouldn't loose anything!

I would recommend this game to any sims lover and they shouldn't be put off by what people have said about glitches and crashing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Let down, 6 Jan. 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I was really exited about getting this game. I've always been a big Sims fan and thought the addition of horses would make the game brilliant, however its impossible to enjoy when it constantly freezes especially when you've already had to wait approximately ten to fifteen minutes for it to load.

I've also experienced problems in which the pets freeze and the only way to make them move is to delete all the objects and walls surrounding them, this is really frustrating as by the time you've put in a few hours to build a house from scratch etc you have to do it all again, and even then sometimes you still can't get the animals to move!

Overall I've found the addition of pets very glitchy and I get tired of playing very easily. It was a waste of £30 and to anyone that would like to buy it I would suggest waiting for EA to bring out a patch to improve the games faults.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive and worth the wait :), 13 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I had to wait to buy a new laptop just to play sims 3 and it was worth the wait, when I played sims 2 pets I used to build houses with stables just for the hell of it and now I can build stables and actually put horses in them! I have been playing the game for 3 days now and have built afew properties and created a few families. I have bred my horses and designed a zebra horse lol you can enter competitions, go for a ride along the street, visit equestrian centres, go shopping, drive around in your car etc etc. The one thing I'm not keen on is the fact the worlds are pre-made I would prefer to start my own neighbourhood from scratch, which I'm sure if I read the book I may be able to do? I expected a lot more animal themed items with this expansion pack but I'm quite disappointed. You can get horse jumps, water troughs, hitch posts and hay, a ball and a salt lick but I expected more home decor like horse themed wall paper or ribbons to decorate stables and so forth.... The dogs look much better than the sims 2 pet game and the cats are pretty much the same. You can also purchase a bird tree, a snake vivarium, a lizard vivarium, goldfish bowl and a rodent vivarium.

I have only just started so I'll edit the review should I figure anything else out :) I would advise having a quick look for vids of sims 3 pets on you tube just to get a sense of what is to be expected. Love this game now I'm waiting for a whole farmyard expansion pack to be released!! lol

The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD)
The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) by Electronic Arts (Windows Vista / XP)