4.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of hardware but software needs improving
Windows Vista Business 32bit, 2 x NEC 20WGX2 monitors.

I bought this to replace my Eye-One Display which developed a case of colour blindness resulting in strong red casts on my displays.

Published on 21 Feb. 2013 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not detected by by my iMac, or defective.........
I bought this product after reading favourable on-line reviews, to use with my 27 inch 2012 iMac, which is running the latest Maverick OS.

The software installed easily enough, and even prompted me to download the latest version, which I did.

When I tried to run the programme for the first time, which includes registering the device, my iMac would...
Published 15 months ago by John C

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of hardware but software needs improving, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: X-Rite i1Display Pro Calibrator for Monitors, Laptops, Projectors and Tablets (Electronics)
Windows Vista Business 32bit, 2 x NEC 20WGX2 monitors.

The hardware colourimeter is a big improvement over the 'mouse type' puck of the Eye-One DIsplay 2. It sits flatter to screen and the counter balance and the cable are matched well. The Eye-One Display was hard to balance and the puck often twisted away from the screen due to the overly heavy and twisted cable.

The new hardware also has a built in ambient light hood and a stand if you want to profile a projector.

The Software lets the product down, though. The profiles and calibration are excellent but the installation and operation experience is not good.

I installed the software from the enclosed CD successfully but was immediately informed that an update was available. So I downloaded and installed this and ran into problems. The installation kept asking the same question over and over again and after much clicking on the OK button it went through and completed the install. However, now the iProfiler software wouldn't run at all. It produced and error message which on checking the XRITE support web site seems to be a known problem but without a published solution. You're advised to contact customer support.

However, I completely uninstalled the software and then re-installed from the downloaded file off the XRITE web site. It loaded and ran successfully.

The user interface of the iProfile software is very different from the old Eye-one Match and is not very intuitive. There is virtually no help that's of any use. There are some training videos but these do not replace a manual you can thumb through.

You really need some experience of profiling displays to get the best out of this software and the first couple of times around I managed to confuse it to the point that there was no way to continue and no way to kill it short of a re-boot.

Once familiar with the user interface it's a good workflow with some useful quality features - some of which still crash the program - like being able to compare your profile with another. When loading a profile to compare the newly created monitor profile with, it crashed and bombed out.

All in all a much improved piece of harware, accurate calibration and profiling - which is much quicker than the old device, however flaky software and sadly lacking any meaningful help files are manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars A product that works at last!, 22 Nov. 2013
Until you have dual monitors it's difficult to judge your screen calibration.

I have a Dell and a Mac cinema display so they are two very different monitors.

Spyder 4 pro was useless, Colormunki was great for a single monitor but the software is outdated and kept crashing when try to calibrate dual monitors.

i1 Display Pro is simple to use with up to date software which can be downloaded from their website.

Both monitors now match almost 99% exact which I find amazing as they are to very different manufacturers.

If you are a PRO photographer or even an keen amateur there is no point in buying a nice digital camera if your screen calibration is incorrect.

Well worth the £160.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful and quick, works 1st time with HCFR, 14 Oct. 2014
Dabbler (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I bought this to supplement my existing Colormunki display photo spectrometer. I've been using this device and the older Sypder 3 to calibrate displays for a number of years.

I had read a review of the Display pro that said it was quite a lot better in terms of accuracy and speed than the Colormunki display (henceforth called CMD). I had long ago stopped using the older Spyder as it was not suitable for measuring LED back-lit displays or projectors.

The included software, as some have said, is lacking a bit. For me not in terms of function, it seemed to work well and quickly but it is a little confusing, I suggest watching some YouTube videos on how to use it. Where I had an issue with it was during installation, at first I installed it from the CD (Windows 7 64bit machine) and it froze during installation. I then tried downloading and installing it from the website only to be informed on reboot that a .dll file was missing (I had uninstalled the older CD version first).

So I went back to the CD and tried again, this time with some success, although the autorun does install 4 programmes (I think) and some of them simultaneously.

Anyway the actual running of the programme and the measurements took under 10 minutes (I choose the larger, longer version with more measurement patches).

The result is very good, I'll keep an eye on the monitor and re-profile again next month.

I also used this together with the free HCFR programme to calibrate my projector, as usual this isn't a quick task and took me about 2 hours. That said it's much quicker than the CMD, taking about half the time. The other issue with the CMD is it has no way of mounting it on a tripod, whereas this Display pro has a std 1/4" tripod socket, it makes the whole experience much easier. Also there are driver problems using HCFR and the CMD on Windows 7 64Bit, not so with this unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Calibrated loads of work monitors for vfx work and works a treat., 29 Dec. 2013
Used with macs. Software easy to use but has decent advanced features.
The sensor's excellent. Could do with a weight or something to help hold it on the screen as it can sometimes slip. I loop the cable under a keyboard or something but had an older sensor years ago that had a weight on the cable and that worked well. Still it's a very minor inconvenience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works superb, 1 Jun. 2013
Having just recently purchased the wonderful Dell U2713H monitor, which comes with hardware calibration integration with the i1 Display Pro, it was fundamental I purchased this really.
I have been so impressed with how quick and easy it is to calibrate, and has worked on both my new Dell monitor and my PB laptop too no problems.
The only issue I had was trying install both the Dell calibration software and i1 Display Pro calibration software on Windows 8. Having both installed at the same time causes problems at the moment, so I had to uninstall one and use only one. But this is really not a problem as you would only use one piece of calibration software after all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice for the price!, 6 Mar. 2013
Perfect calibrator
Easy workflow step by step
Multifunctional (monitor, projector, ambient)
Plastic but good quality (not perfect)

But don't buy it if you don't have a good monitor (like one with IPS panel)
But if you have, it's a MUST (price-quality-results)

4.0 out of 5 stars Used it to calibrate Panasonic 50VT30B Plasma tv, 2 Jan. 2012
Rajaneethan Raju "neethan" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I used the above meter to autocal my Plasma TV(50VT30B)with Calman v4 software . It installed on my windows 7 OS without any issues, and the calibration went smoothly. I think its very Robust product, however, I think its a little too pricey !!
I will definitely recommend this product !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems fine., 9 Oct. 2014
I've used this on my MachBook Pro Retina and it does what it needs to, colours checked against references look a little better but it's a reasonably well calibrated display to start with. It would be great if this could be used to calibrate a television (Can't see why it couldn't technically, it's just the software you'd need to update).

For doing any half-serious photograph or video editing a calibrated screen is important and this will calibrate your screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars All fine great thanks, 7 Jan. 2015
All fine great thanks. Worked good with my DELL U2713H and it's software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says..., 26 April 2013
R. Grice - See all my reviews
I had no problems with software installation under windows 7, and the product has worked as expected. I haven't had any issues with the hardware apart from the very use when the counterweight on the cable was a bit tight and difficult to move.

You do need to view the on-line videos to get the hang of using it, and although the program brings up some htlm help pages, it would have been nice to have a pdf manual

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›