5.0 out of 5 stars Best value for money and brilliant for a media PC
Published on 7 Nov 2012 by Christopher

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor range
Published 3 months ago by P. Lovelock

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value for money and brilliant for a media PC, 7 Nov 2012
I bought this mouse and keyboard combo for my media PC. With other mouse and keyboards I have had issues with signal strength but with this set I have not had a single problem. The mouse has BlueTrack technology and works on almost every surface you have to offer. Must importantly this combo features AES which means the keyboard and mouse are linked to the dongle. Therefore, neither interfers with my other Microsoft wireless mouse which I have for my laptop in the same room.

Overall, a very good product for the price. There is nothing wrong with this product. The only reason to spend more money is for something smaller or more stylish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft 200AES Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse, 8 Sep 2012
I was a bit wary spending so little on a wireless keyboard and mouse, but my fears were completely misplaced in this Microsoft pair. The keyboard seems very solid, possibly a bit noisy for some, but compared to what I work with a dream, and the mouse is weighted perfectly.

The function keys at the top of the keyboard seem a bit pointless to me, I have set them up to use them, but have yet to do so when I've wanted something that they are linked to, and there is very little flexibility in what the majority of them do, however as I hardly use them, this doesn't detract from the keyboard. Thankfully I am yet to need new batteries, although I have only had it a couple of weeks - but my last wireless set needed batteries once a week or so, so it's already a massive improvement as far as I'm concerned!

I was incredibly impressed with the delivery time of this item, which we worked out to be under 36 hours. Not bad for Free Super Saver delivery!

All in all, a good budget buy, that doesn't feel budget when it arrives!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Mouse, 20 Nov 2013
The mouse is the real star here, it works smoothly on literally every surface I've tried it on, sofa, carpet, glass table etc etc Makes it the perfect remote control for a PC connected to a living room TV. There is nothing wrong with the keyboard either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad deal price/quality wise - but could be better., 5 Oct 2013
Microsoft 2000AES Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse
I'm a bit old school when it comes to keyboards as I like the key action to be positive and clicky. This MS keyboard has a dampened rubbery feel to it that needs some getting used to. If you are after a old style keyboard then I'm sorry to say you better move with the times as they don't make them like that any more.

Its still early but the printing of characters on the keys does not seem to be very durable and would not be surprised that they will 'wear away' in a few months.

The mouse is much better has a nice feel and responsive.

Overall, having a wireless keyboard/mouse is a positive experience and works just a good as wired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality keyboard and mouse combo, 16 Oct 2014
D. J. Burton (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout (Accessory)
After my Wireless 800 keyboard dongle finally gave up (only the dongle) I decided to upgrade to a combo with a more sensitive mouse. Hence the 2000.

I went for the standard brown cardboard box packaging (no pretty pictures) that was a lot cheaper than the business (fancy box) version. There's no difference in the actual product.

Out of the box, this comes with 4 Duracell batteries (2 AA for the mouse and 2 AAA for the keyboard). Easy to fit, and easy to pair with Windows 7. No issues there.

The dongle is a bit big compared to the 800 dongle, being about twice the size which is annoying but nothing too disastrous. It's about 3cm long so might get in the way a little. Range is excellent and multiple keyboards near each other won't matter due to AES encryption. Hooray!

Mouse is brilliant. 4 way scrolling is a nice touch (left-right as well as up-down) and the Blue technology really is superb - it works everywhere with the exception of (probably) a liquid surface. Haven't tried using it on water..... The size is great, even for my shovel-like hands. Scroll wheel doesn't "click" as you move it, which I like.

My keyboard seemed a bit rattly but on further investigation I realised the batteries were rattling, so a little bit of paper around them sorted that out - nice and quiet now. Keyboard thrown is good and the feel is standard. Nothing too luxury though - you do get what you pay for in this case.

Lots of extra buttons to use and program (5) and good for media (volume, play, pause etc) so you can have this on your lap if you're playing Amazon Prime movies and can't be bothered to move to pause it.

Still no light for caps lock (boo) but you can't win them all.

Can't go wrong - get one!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor range, 7 Sep 2014
My biggest problem with this is the wireless range. I believe this would work ok if you had the mouse and keyboard next to the PC but then why would you use wireless, which comes with the agro of managing batteries. I was trying to use this with my living room PC and found the keyboard lost signal beyond about 4ft. and that is with the dongle in a front usb port. If you put it in a rear port then it is almost unusable. The 4ft range is also with a clear line of sight, when one of my daughters stood in between me and the PC I lost signal even at that range.

Also be aware that the mouse is very basic. It seems to have a slightly better range than the keyboard but has no forward & back buttons. This might not bother everyone but I use them all the time so really missed them.

I have since paid quite a bit more money and bought the Logitech K800 together with their MX performance wireless mouse and this has proven to me that wireless keyboard/mouse can work at long range. The dongle on the Logitech is much smaller than this Microsoft one and yet I could use it easily at 30ft (it's not my normal usage distance, I just tried this as an experiment and my pc is using a 55" TV as a monitor so I could see it fine).

My advice would be if you're close to the PC to use wired then use wired. If you are at a distance that needs wireless then pay a little extra (maybe not necessarily as much as the k800) and get a better set. I have certainly found that the Logitech unified wireless system is superior.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good functional keyboard and mouse, 3 Mar 2014
I needed a replacement keyboard (the mouse was OK but worked through the same sender) and this took my fancy. It works fine however the delete key seems to be in the wrong place and the keys are just a bit too "springy". All in all however its functional and allows me to type away from my lap-top.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it, 2 Mar 2014
Great keyboard & mouse, now i can use my new laptop like a PC, so no more back ache.
I'd recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good keyboard, OK mouse, limited lifespan, 1 Dec 2014
I have owned this keyboard/mouse set for about two years. The set is very nice in terms of its functionality. The keyboard is a full-sized keyboard but not overly large or heavy, so it doesn't take up too much space or feel too bulky. I can easily pick this up and use it in multiple places around my computer. The keyboard also has a nice set of extra buttons (to launch extra programs, control music/video playback, and adjust volume) that I frequently use. Moreover, the keyboard is set up so that the extra butons are placed at the top; I do not need to worry about accidentially hitting something like I did when I used my previous keyboard (a Logitech wireless keyboard). The mouse is a standard 3-button mouse that seems a little small for my hand, but it has worked for the most part. The received is OK; it works over a few meters, but it doesn't work well if inserted into a rear port on a desktop computer.

While the keyboard has held up well over two years, the mouse is beginning to disintegrate. The padding went about a year ago, and the pads shredded the surface underneath it until I peeled them off. Now the rubberized surfaces are disintegrating. This is a particular problem with the rubber belt on the outside of the scroll wheel, which is on the verge of coming off, which would make it difficult to use. As it is, the scroll wheel has become more stiff recently.

Overall, this is a decent product. The keyboard is simple but nice to use and will probably last another year at least. The mouse, however, was not quite as good and may be approaching the end of its life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great connectivity, good battery life, looks pretty cool and functions fine. Mouse could be a little more ergonomic., 31 July 2014
This does exactly what I need from a wireless keyboard and mouse.

I've always liked Microsoft keyboards, but favoured logitech mice. I have recently begun working from home and wanted to set up a work rig on the same desk as my personal pc, sharing my personal pc monitors.

This allowed me to connect the work PC up and use at the same time as my personal PC, by using a monitor from that setup. I could then easily flick the monitor back to the personal PC, and store away these devices. Very helpful.

They work well, connectivity is good - plug and play. Battery life so far has been excellent.

The keyboard is a bit 'clicky', but I'm used to that type anyway.

It loses a star as I think the mouse could be a bit more ergonomic.. it's isn't hugely comfortable to hold.

The best thing I can say about this, is that if I needed another wireless mouse and keyboard combo, I'd just go straight and buy this one again.