Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:£29.99+ Free shipping

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 December 2012
This is one of those products where you hope and pray you will never have to write a review on just how effective it was in use LOL.

Having so much electrical equipment in the home, especially in my hobbies room, I'm a great believer in having a fire extinguisher within easy reach. This one fits the bill perfectly particularly as the powder content is suitable for electrical fires in addition to other types of household fires. You should heed the warning not to use it on chip-pan oil fires as the blast can spread the burning oil ... a fire blanket is much more appropriate in such circumstances.

1Kg is a decent size without it being cumbersome or taking up a lot of space. The simple instructions are printed boldly on the side. It has a rubber ring glued to the base for free standing, and it also comes with a wall bracket and quick release retaining strap.

It also has a built in pressure guage and as long as the pointer stays in the green zone it is useable. Once it moves into the red zone you will need to replace it.

A professional product which brings peace of mind, but as I say, I hope I never have to use it.

Dave.
on 15 September 2014
I had to use this extinguisher in August 2014, when a campers tent caught fire. An excellent product, especially since I purchased the product 3 years ago. worked very well, enough powder to put out a small gas bottle which had ignighted their tent. I have purchased another one straight away for my campervan and caravan.
on 31 October 2013
this is worth every penny it could save your life or a loved one , they are fantastic quality, simple and easy to use, works on just about every fire you might face one time in your life,

get one for upstairs downstairs the car and the workshop, be safe, you might never need this but if you do you will be glade you bought it,
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 7 December 2014
I haven't yet had the misfortune (‽) of using this item, but I can comment on what I've seen so far. Kidde is a very well known make when it comes to fire safety, so rest assured that you are purchasing a quality product. The operation is extremely simple- remove the safety pin, and squeeze to spray. There is a handy pressure gauge on the top left of the unit, that is simply read at a glance. It is advisable to check this regularly. If it goes into the red zone in the first six years of ownership without it being used, Kidde will replace it free of charge.

Don't be under any illusions however, this is not designed, and is not capable of putting out larger fires. For more info, there are videos on YouTube showing you how long a 1kg fire extinguisher lasts.

OVERVIEW
Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes, definitely
If used/damaged would I repurchase product? Yes, definitely

PROS:
✓ Well known manufacturer
✓ Easy operation
✓ Easy to read pressure gauge
✓ 6 year warranty

CONS:
✗ None

NB:
- Only capable of putting out the smallest of fires
on 1 July 2013
This arrived today, on time and well packaged. We are concerned, though, about the handle as it is very loose. There is no way to tighten it.
on 15 May 2014
Looks good, fits perfectly in its wall mountable stand (included). Not used it yet & hopefully won't need to but just in case!!
on 28 January 2015
Bought this for my daughter 10 December as practical extra Christmas pressie. She has a new wood burning fire, overloaded it and it got too hot and tonight managed to set fire to the items near it. She used this and was amazed at the power and speed that it extinguished the fire. I am ordering another for her extra peace of mind. So, fully tested and not found wanting - an excellent lifesaving item.
on 11 March 2013
Compact and allows compliance with todays regs.

ww ss ww ss ww ss ww ss ww ss ww ss ww
on 6 August 2014
Not needed yet thankfully and hope i don't.
on 14 December 2015
This was probably a great extinguisher, but we opened a box of chalky debris, I think it must have gone off somewhere along it's journey in the post to us!