5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling story.
Great teen fantasy novel. The main character is Keegan who has a 'chosen' partner Rourk. Their relationship is compelling, very intense and reminds me of Bella and Edward in Stephanie Meyer's Twilight. Magic, prophecy and an epic battle, as well as the romance between Keegan and Rourk make this a novel that draws you in. I think it would make a great film.
Published on 26 July 2011 by N. Turner

2.0 out of 5 stars Another Average Read
This one another one of my DSOA picks. I tried; I almost failed. This was very nearly a DFN (did not finish), but I battled on regardless.

Poor characterisation, poor plot progression and timing, but please bear in mind that this is just my own very humble opinion. What is one woman's mean is poison to her friend.

It just scored a 2 star rating from...
Published 3 months ago by Toodles Book Club

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling story., 26 July 2011
N. Turner "Nixie Turner" (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A very promising series!, 27 Dec 2011
This review is from: Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles #1) (Kindle Edition)
My time with this book was fluent, since is not too long I only needed a couple of hours to finish it and right now I'm not sure of how I feel. But let me explain. Yes, the book was super good. Julia's writing is very smooth and she pictures the mind of a teenager really well, specially an elf teenager.
But in fact all that Keegan wants is to be normal and to enjoy her live before she meets her chosen one. When that happens she knows everything is going to be perfect with him but until then, why not enjoy her life?
But as normal as she wants to be she doesn't know that her friends are nothing but normal themselves...
Nevertheless, there's a war coming and her family plays a very important role: Her father, Richard, is the one that will guide the elves of light to battle. Her mother is a healer and her little brother, Thaddeus, is a seer, but not a normal seer: he is the one that will stop the war between light elves and dark elves. But he is only twelve and although he's strong and very mature for his age he is still not sure of how is he going to stop everything... And what is worst, in a vision he saw his own sister dead during the war...
So he decides to tell her the name of her chosen one so she will think of him if she is in danger. Rourk, her chosen, oblivious to all this is draged to her every time she thinks of him. The poor guy doesn't stand a chance, we girls if we are in love are used to think of our love every spare moment we have, right? So it doesn't matter if he is busy doing something, he needs to go and look for her.

The characters are really cool. Keegan is beautiful but still a nice and sweet girl. Rourk is the type of guy that I would love to have for myself, confident, strong, protective and caring... sigh... Yes, sorry, I need to focus. And then we have Thaddeus, a kid that plays Xbox and tries to stay away from other people because of the visions he has when looking at others, sometimes I felt really sorry for him, it must be very difficult to know bad things are going to happen in your own family and not be able to tell them...

And I can forget the love triangle that is not really clear until the end of the book between Keegan, Rourk and Donald, one of Keegan's friend. I really would love to see what happens in the next book. I don't mind Donald but I will be cheering for Rourk!

2.0 out of 5 stars Another Average Read, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles #1) (Kindle Edition)

It just scored a 2 star rating from me, and I don't think I will bother to read any more by this author.

You can see the full Blog Post #411 on my Blog dated January 2014.

5.0 out of 5 stars more than a teen love story, 14 Aug 2011
This review is from: Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles #1) (Kindle Edition)
Keegan is sixteen and is trying to keep a big secret from her friends....she is an elf and is descended from a long line of elves that live secretly among humans.
In elfin society mates are predetermined, however they are not allowed to meet until the are eighteen. against this tradition Keegan's brother Thaddeus has told her the name of her future mate. Thaddeus has visions and sees that Keegan will need the protection of Rourk her mate in the forthcoming war between the dark and the light elves.
Rourk is drawn to Keegan's side every time she is in need of protection, but he tries to stay in the background unseen. However a twist of fate pusshes them both together and Rourk is forced out into making his presence known to protect Keegan.
An ancient prophecy entwines around Keegan's family and the future of society. Can they thwart fate and win the war without losing Keegan? With a war and dark forces looming can Keegan and Rourk have the life together that they both wish for?
First of all I have to say I read the book in two sessions at night before I went to sleep. I found it quite a nice, relaxing read, that I could sit back and enjoy. Observing the happy family life Keegan had. Of course I was more on the edge of my seat for the Great Battle. There were some really good twists in there too, you found out certain people were also paranormal and you would not have guessed it.....well perhaps with one character. There is also a hidden moral in there too, that we all have to coexist, so why not try to get on. It is cleverly delivered and not in a preaching kind of way. The book is more aimed to the YA/Teen market but as you will see from my profile information I am certainly no teen but I still really enjoyed this book. it really flowed, not sure how else to describe it other than to say it was written in a way that led you through the story, it wasn't taxing in any way. Yes you get attached to the characters too, you feel Keegan's need to see Rourk. You feel the frustration of Rourk watching Keegan from distance and his jealousy when she talks to boys at school. The description of the places they see is so detailed and well done you can almost see them yourself.I think the title is perfect for the book as is the cover. I won't explain why the title is perfect as it would mean giving away the plot. Am looking forward to reading more of the series

5.0 out of 5 stars Great. Read, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles #1) (Kindle Edition)
Such a great book read this in one day! Cannot grasp how good this book is! I was so into the book and could not put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars coexist, 5 Oct 2013
Miss Lesley Miller (Redhill, Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles #1) (Kindle Edition)
This is really good, enjoyed every minute reading this book. You can imagine the action in it.

I will enjoy the second book

Lesley Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Rule breaker, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles #1) (Kindle Edition)
The beginning was SO boring I skipped 12 chapters just to find nothing I hv to say tht the last chapter was the best

3.0 out of 5 stars Coexist, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles #1) (Kindle Edition)
This review is actually quite hard to do because there is lots about this story that I really enjoyed but somehow it just didn't hit the mark for me.

I love a romance so the idea of having a chosen that you meet at age 18 sounds good to me. Rourk sounds like a GREAT chosen, protective, caring, not too bad on the eyes etc. Keegan on the other hand, I don't know. I just never really felt her apart from getting annoyed with how spoiled she was and how blind she appeared to be regarding everyone else.

The storyline goes in sporadic bursts with pages given over to shopping and catching up with friends on FaceBook (!) but the Great Battle only feels like it gets half a dozen, if that. Although this story is told as the third person, as a reader you are kept in the dark too. Keegan is blind to her friends abilities so therefore you are. It is only at the end that you find out what they are. And others appear to have abilities thrust upon them - Donald is a shape shifter than suddenly seems to be able to read minds when there has been no mention of it beforehand.

I enjoyed this book, it whittled away a couple of hours but will I be following the rest of this series? Not at this moment, unless they all become free!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for Teen Readers, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles #1) (Kindle Edition)
I am not sure if this book was aimed for teenagers as the heroine is a school girl teenager not quite 18. BUT I am in my 40s and I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I especially love how the main two characters are 'bound' to each other and destined to be together. Like soul mates. The bond gets broken, I won't tell you how, but we have to wait until the second in the series to find out if they bond can be brought back. I will definitely buy the next book!

1.0 out of 5 stars far too childish, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles #1) (Kindle Edition)
this is great if your a kid but as an adult it was my mistake to download this. Keegan is a spolit child while Rouke is typical chick lit material.

ARRAY(0xa809be7c)

Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles #1)
1.83