When your spine curls are perfection you may decide to place a ball under your feet to make the core work much harder, hence the rather odd title for this review. The ball has a slightly textured surface that is easy to grip and doesn't slip on clothes when you place it under the sacrum. It doesn't lose air when using it to support my pelvis (I'm nearly 11 and a half stones), or squeezing it during isometric exercises. In the gym I use a Fitball between my back and the wall to do double and single leg squats, but I use this ball at home where space is limited.

It comes with a plastic straw to inflate it, and two sealing bungs. The Yoga Mad ball appears to be as well made as their Pilates mats.
This ball was purchased for use in Pilates sessions. It is easy to inflate to exactly the size you need and attractive to use. I am pleased to have found it on amazon - where increasingly everything is to be sourced!
on 17 October 2013
It is a sad thing to say about any product, but I really feel this one is not suitable for purpose and should probably be withdrawn from the market until more research and development is put in to making it suitable for the purpose for which it is intended.

I say this as a reasonably experienced Pilates teacher, who has been using various different manufacturers equipment in class for the last six years. In that time I have had a few items fail, but in general by sticking to recommended names this has been a rare occurrence. However, this year, wanting to replace my classes stock of small inflated exercise balls for slightly larger ones that would allow for a greater exercise range, I looked around and found this one, which was labeled similarly to a number I had seen in certain gyms where I teach class.

I am sorry to report that of the 28 I have purchased since January this year no less than 10 have failed in class, a failure rate unprecedented in any of the other manufacturers I have purchase similar items from in the past. In fact only a couple of days ago simply leaning my upper body on one way enough to cause it to burst in front of a class.

The remaining balls are now sitting in a bag (hopefully they can be recycled) whilst I have returned to the older ones I still possess, which are still in good condition if a little faded. In the meantime I am looking at possible replacements for my classes and trialing a different manufacturer.

In the meantime I can only regretfully suggest that if anyone is looking for equipment to use for a similar purpose to the one I intended they seriously consider another product.
33 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 May 2010
Material a nice texture and it is non slip. It can bear my weight with no trouble. A nice ball to work with.
on 21 March 2012
I needed a ball for exercises to strengthen my inner thigh in order to get my knee to track correctly and this is perfect. It's squashy and tactile and my physiotherapist likes it. Best of all, it comes flat-packed with a straw and 2 stoppers so it's portable. It can be inflated and deflated really quickly if needed. It's my favourite thing at the moment.
on 23 February 2014
I have exchanged heavy weights for core training over recent months and part of this has been the introduction of Pilates to my routine. One problem I discovered is finding similar kit to that which the instructor uses, and a soft ball was an issue. However, the Exer-soft Ball is perfect for all work which requires centralisation of the core. I have used it extensively and find the simple construction, infaltion tool and robustness as perfect as you can get for such a basic piece of kit. The 7" diameter is not too small for the average build (male/female) and I find nothing negative to report. To buy this is money well spent.
on 12 December 2012
very good quality,good sevice, I run a keep fit class and we use soft balls, these balls were replacements for some that were getting done, these are much better quality than the ones we already had.
on 21 August 2012
Exer-Soft Ball - Blue 7"

Excellent product. ideal for using in chi ball. Nice soft feel, comfortable to hold. Easy to inflate and deflate. Good value for money
on 7 July 2012
Exer-Soft Ball - excellent product for the price, brilliant for Pilates, just what was needed. Would recommend this lightweight Ball to encourage stability and balance whilst exercising.
on 16 February 2011
I needed an inflatable excercise ball for my physiotherapy on my left knee. Everywhere else I looked I could only find ones that were a) too big and b) way too expensive! This ball is cheap but does the job brilliantly! Possibly better than the ones I use at he hospital. Takes no time to inflate (I did it manually). Highly recommended product!