5.0 out of 5 stars Nigella at her Best!
This really is a wonderful book - an autobiography through cooking! Nigella starts with outlining her own kitchen ethos and also includes an excellent summary of all her necessary kitchen gadgets and the ones that didn't live up to her expectations. She certainly seems to have relaxed in her views of 'must have' tools and ingredients, often suggesting easier...
Published on 17 Oct. 2010 by Ms. C. G. Lisle

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a rehash
OK, let's start with what I love about this book: It's beautifully written, it has amazing photos of the food, it's presented immaculately and the recipes cater for most tastes.
The biggest plus point for me is the fact that the recipes seems so well tried and tested. I am a big Nigella fan and have all her books and I can honestly say that I have never, ever been...
Published on 6 Sept. 2010 by whipmeupsomecream

‹ Previous | 125 26 2732 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Oct. 2014
Not my purchase

2.0 out of 5 stars Same old, same old, 3 Jan. 2012
Poor Nigella, she hasn't had a new idea in 10 years. More of the same I'm afraid, she's the cook book equivelant of pot noodle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Aug. 2014
excellent book

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
Yum great book

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully presented.., 12 Oct. 2010
Margaret Gates (St Neots) - See all my reviews
Though I have accumulated many cook books over the years, I was looking forward to receiving 'Kitchen' and was not at all disappointed.
It is full of many enticing recipes, represented by full colour pictures on opposite page.
Clear, precise instructions and excellent value....Would be an ideal present for any occasion - even for the less ambitious cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 1 Nov. 2010
Ms. A. J. Walker "sillylittleblonde" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Lots of lovely recipes for every occasion all in one place. The wonderful Nigella never fails to disappoint.

The express index is particularly useful for week night teas - with lots of slower recipes perfect for dinner parties and weekend. With a liberally sprinkling of yummy puddings and naughty treats! What more could a cook want!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nigella fans' delight, 7 Oct. 2010
Mrs J. L. Phillips "phillijo" (Frinton on Sea, Essex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Being a long-time Nigella fan, this book purchase was a no-brainer and a must for all those I know share her passion for food. It will certainly be on my list of Christmas gifts for people this year.
Having bought the previous Nigella publications, I hesitated with this one - I mean, what more could she possibly add to her already legendary knowledge?
This 'cookbook' is possibly a little more lifestyle than recipes. Almost as if Nigella is sharing with her readers her love of food and a little of what it means to parts of her life.
Whether any of it is true, of course doesn't matter - I can buy into it! I like the feel good factor of cooking good food and enjoying the results without any apology for eating and enjoyment.
Thank you, Nigella for once again inspiring those of us who like to cook to be more creative and enthusiastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 3 Oct. 2010
Nigella does it again. These recipes are good easy to follow and work in the kitchen. What's more, as usual the book is just that. Nigella produces not just a book of recipes but entertains us with her ideas anecdotes and general comments on life. This a book you can "read" as well as use in the kitchen.I got the book before the TV series started to air, which I found useful as you then come at the receipes with a fresh eye. What I also like is that most of the ingredients she uses are readily available or she gives you suitable alternatives. As an "older" cook I find her approach refreshing and feel liberated to change the recipes and tweak them to suit my own taste, without feling she would be looking over my shoulder tut tutting if I didn't follow the instructions to the letter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 Jan. 2015
Great gift

5.0 out of 5 stars Eating Nigella, 20 April 2011
Fabulous cookbook ! My wife couldn't get over how many recipies she will try. I have cooked one myself , in the first week !Out of all the books we have, this one has most of the recipies we are going to use - money well spent, Thanks Nigella.

‹ Previous | 125 26 2732 | Next ›