Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire

on 13 February 2012
Right, so it's a darn site cheaper than the official apple battery. One star.
And, it works alright: Allows your laptop to work as a laptop should. Two star.

Other than enabling your macbook to be portable again and not having to rely on cables, it is pretty pants.

Initially, I proceeded to complete several charge cycles. Fully charge, fully drain etc. This is when I first recognised the speed of the drain. A tad too quick: Function negative.

The battery itself doesn't actually fit snugly enough, its sticks out a bit: v annoying. Function negative.

The battery is a different material to the rest of my black macbook. It's a gloss black.
Form negative.

To top it off, after my first accidental drain, (I forgot to plug it in after the 'ten minutes remaining' window) my macbook is now telling me, not only does the battery need servicing. But after P-ram resets it is now only lasting about an hour and the percentage (time remaining) is complete4ly sporadic. One minute it'll have 'four hours', the next '6minutes' Rubbish.

I'm gona keep going with it, and try and live with it. Very frustrating though.
on 24 October 2012
Bought from the Vairocana Group through Amazon in July and seemed OK on arrival although a tight fit in the Macbook.It was partially charged and rapidly went to full charge which should have been a warning. As the laptop was little used over the next month, I was surprised to find a very low level indicated and even more when a partial charge was indicated after only its second charge ever. On trying to remove it (the fit was tight, remember), the plastic cover simply peeled away and snapped in two. The Macbook was needed so it was slotted back in and some sticky tape applied. So after its second charge I was getting under an hour of use. It hasn't been returned in view of the extra damage caused by myself and, frankly, I haven't much expectation of getting resolution from a company that imports such tat. The plastic is shoddy and the overall feel of the battery like some Eastern European car interior before the Berlin Wall came down. Avoid.
on 20 February 2013
The battery came promptly and looked very good quality when it arrived. It fitted in my laptop surprisingly well but the colour was slightly off. This isn't a huge issue for me though.

I charged it to 100% then used my laptop with no charger connected. The battery worked well that night and dropped to about 50% charge when i finished using it. The next day it was 48% charged so it managed to hold a lot over 24hours. However when it got down to 15% it cut out. If if is having problems like this after one charge and use then i'm worried about how it will cope in the long run.

Definitely no where near as good an apple battery, but not bad for £25.

** Have now had the battery nearly two weeks, it has been through 4 cycles in that time and has stopped working. It is being returned tomorrow. Very poor. Very disappointed**
on 25 March 2012
Quick delivery 2days. I bought this for my 13" Macbook black late 2006. The battery last about 3ish hours depending on what you are doing on the Mac. Value for money is amazing I will be getting another one. The battery fits perfectly but the finish on the battery is gloss not matt like the Mac I have.After reading the reviews on the apple site for the Apple battery which costs about £100 and only has 2 stars I decided to look on Amazon and thankfully I come across this one which cost £28.99 and has 4 star review. Overall I give this 5 stars.
on 5 October 2013
Left it charging for 16 hours first time, it's still working perfectly 3 months in. Old battery was knackered after 6 years. People say it's not dead flush, but you wouldn't notice the ~0.2 millimetre discrepancy. Not exact colour match, but almost dead on. Nice rubberised feel.

In short, not suitable for hardcore Apple tarts, but spot on for people who just want a reliable, 99% perfect third party product. I'd buy another one, but I probably won't need to.
on 18 March 2013
I seem to be a little luckier than some of the other reviewers and think this is a great product at a great price.

It's for a macbook that is around four years old and is now a second computer. There is no way I was going to pay the price Apple wanted. Love being able to use my laptop again without worrying about the lead detaching.

The battery is very easy to fit and sits well within the space.

The charge seems to be lasting around 4 hours doing some general surfing and watching of iplayer .

My battery is rather more of a matte black than my computer - but that's not an issue for me.

If the charge falls off over the next few months will repost
on 5 February 2013
It's just about work .. Fully charged works only for about an hour gets really hot go for some other choice..
on 27 May 2012
After my original battery succumbed to the 'bulging battery' syndrome at 5 years old, I was faced with the dilemma of spending approx £100 on an Apple replacement, or buying this one for 1/4 of the price. As the reviews for the Apple battery weren't great, I thought I'd give this one a try.
It fits perfectly - very easy to change the batteries round. It is a glossy black, rather than matt like the rest of the Macbook, but my Macbook now sits flat on surfaces again and works without a cable, so pretty pleased overall.
I get about 4 hours battery on a full charge just playing around on the internet on wifi. Less if I'm on Skype or watching a DVD.
on 14 December 2012
I was well aware that it wouldn't be like the official battery. However, it is cheap enough and I am willing to get more of these than one official battery.

Even though it is advertised with larger mAh the actual value shown when I put in my MacBook was 4902mAh and over a month it now shows 3948mAh and gives around 2 hours of battery life. Nothing like the original battery but neither is the price.

I expect it to last a year or so.
on 15 December 2012
Well at least its the right colour, not shiny black but MATTE black as it should be.
The mAh is advertised as 5600mAh but is only an 4800mAh according to mac software and has already dropped to 4755 mAh, its only had 4 charge cycles so i dont hold out alot of hope that it will last any longer than 6 months before it will need replacing but for the price i will just buy another.