4.0 out of 5 stars Good sized, multi-purpose bag, 28 Jan 2012
Joanne K. Pilsworth (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Dakine Suitcase 05TV1DDK (Luggage)
I bought this bag as I have to transport several large pieces of equipment on a regular basis for my job. After my last attempt to carry them all left me with a very sore back, I looked around for alternatives. This bag was suggested to me by my sister, as she and her husband had just bought one.

The bag itself opens 'like a burger bun' (my sister's description), i.e like a suitcase rather than being top opening. This is good, as it means that you can maximise the space available. The top section is divided into three compartments. The two on the outer edges are smaller, and the centre compartment a bit bigger. The bottom section is all one. I was a concerned about the divided top section, as there was no mention of this in the product description, and I needed a bag in which I could carry several other bags. However, the partitions actually worked in my favour, because my largest bag fit neatly in the centre of the Dakine bag, and the central divider of the top section worked well to hold it in place. This meant that I could put my other pieces of kit in the two other compartments, and still have space left over.

The balance of the bag is very good, and certainly gives no indication of the sort of weight that I had in it. When zipped up, there are two compression straps, which mean that the contents are held very securely. The compression straps also have two grab handles sewn into them, so it is possible to pick the bag up from the top in order to load it into a car, for example. The top of the bag also has two additional pockets, which are about the size to put travel documents or something of that sort in them. The construction of the bag looks very solid, although there is only a TWO year warranty outside of the USA. The USA Warranty is a lifetime warranty.

The colouring and pattern of the bag is distinctive enough that it would be easy to spot on a luggage carousel, which is another bonus, as it is also not garish, which is usually the only way to ensure one can find luggage easily.

Overall, I am quite pleased with this bag. The only reason for dropping one star is that the dividers are not mentioned in the description.

4.0 out of 5 stars hard wearing top bag, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Dakine Suitcase 05TV1DDK (Sports)
perfect touring bag, my third one in 18 yrs.
loads of room, three compartments in the top, looks good too

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel Bag, 6 Sep 2012
This review is from: Dakine Suitcase 05TV1DDK (Sports)
Excellent Product. Very Roomy and Strong. Easy packing and unpacking especially on holidays when one is continually on the move.

Dakine Suitcase 05TV1DDK