5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!
Published on 12 Aug 2011 by Try4the sun

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a re-release of the originals
This is extremely misleading - the original Elvis' Golden Records Vol 1 included I Love You Because and You're a Heartbreaker, two of my favourites from the late 50's/early 60's and neither is to be found here. If anyone can tell me where they are to be found I should be grateful
Published on 16 Jun 2012 by Clio

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!, 12 Aug 2011
This review is from: Original Album Classics (Audio CD)
Procrastinated picking these up individually because these 5 very old "hits" albums were outdone in sound and packaging by the many Elvis comps which came out in the past 20 years. Nothwithstanding the classic photo of Elvis in his famous gold suit on Volume 2 (mimicked by Rod Stewart on the cover of "Body Wishes") When they were reissued with bonus tracks 10 years ago, I still procrastinated, because I already had this music on so many other comps. But now, this mini box set is a dream come true! For the price of 1 CD, you get all 5 in mini vinyl replica sleeves. And the versions with all the bonus tracks were used as well! Almost 100 tracks of prime Elvis, in one neat slender very, very, very inexpensive package! And you get the Volume 2 cover of Elvis in the gold suit as well! A review of the selection of tracks on all 5 CD's reveals this box is probably the most thorough Elvis anthology on the market ever! I strongly encourage everyone purchase this set!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 30 Oct 2011
This review is from: Original Album Classics (Audio CD)
Five gold albums from the best Elvis years for a bargain price. All the original songs plus bonus tracks. Thoroughly recommend this package of nostalgia to all Elvis fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Track Listings and more, 29 Mar 2012
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Original Album Classics (Audio CD)
This is my 500th review on Amazon and it seems apt in a way that it's for Elvis Presley's Gold Album re- releases...

5 CDs make this an excellent bargain to get a whole lot Elvis Presly for a cheap price.
There are in fact 4 different sets of `original albums' by Elvis which means the Presley fans really are being spoiled and I expect I will hear the sound of bells a'ringing.... from the tills at Xmas. (the birth of Santa... Bart Simpson)
The other sets are here.. Each set is different

Original Album Classics

This set consists of 5 `original albums' which are VOLUME TWO : 5CD set. Collects his five "Gold Records" compilation albums, in card LP replica sleeves! Features Volume One (1958) ; Volume Two (1959) ; Volume Three (1963) ; Volume Four (1968) and Volume Five (1984).
BUT

For a really good review I suggest you read Timothy L. Swan's excellent review on Amazon US.
He gives a whole lot of shaking.......
no a whole lot more excellent info and background on this set .
And how they are not the originals but the better reissues with extra tracks!!

Now to the track Listings.

(if you see a mistake just add a note and I will change it)
Disc 1 (Elvis' Golden Records, Vol. 1):
9. That's When Your Heartaches Begin
10. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
11. Love Me Tender
12. Treat Me Nice
13. Any Way You Want Me (That's How I Will Be)
14. I Want You, I Need You, I Love You

3. (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I
4. I Need Your Love Tonight
5. Don't & The Jordanaires
6. I Beg Of You
7. Santa Bring My Baby Back (To Me)
8. Santa Claus Is Back In Town
16. Mean Woman Blues
17. Playing For Keeps
18. Hard Headed Woman
19. Got A Lot O' Livin' To Do
20. (There'll Be) Peace In The Valley (For Me)

Disc 3 (Elvis' Golden Records, Vol. 3):
1. It's Now Or Never
2. Stuck On You
3. Fame And Fortune
4. I Gotta Know
5. Surrender
6. I Feel So Bad
7. Are You Lonesome Tonight?
8. (Marie's The Name Of) His Latest Flame

14. Edge Of Reality
15. Memories
16. If I Can Dream

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis, 26 Jan 2014
Can't help but give this 5 stars after all it is Elvis. I've even found one song I'd never heard of before and its now my favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite, 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: Original Album Classics (Audio CD)
I liked the CDs. They arrived promptly and I am enjoying listening to them. Packaging good as well. No hassle

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: Original Album Classics (Audio CD)
Already had four of the five, but is was cheaper to buy the pack rather than just one.How about a volume 6?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !!!, 18 Aug 2013
Simon A. J. Rijsdijk (The Netherlands, Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Original Album Classics (Audio CD)
This Original Album Classics of Elvis Presley contains all Volumes (1-5) of the "Golden and Gold Records". In fact the most fantastic overview of his whole career. Get this box for a rather cheap price and you've got it all from the king of rock 'n roll!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure Gold, 14 Jun 2013
maygirl "maygirl" (Mansfield Woodhouse, Notts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Original Album Classics (Audio CD)
I had volume 3 of the Gold set when I was a kid, finally found it on cd & got 4 other Gold discs in the box set. All the hits are there plus some unknown tracks to me,two Christmas Songs. Hits from Hound Dog, Return To Sender to Way Down.What more can be said about Elvis?

5.0 out of 5 stars elvis 5cd collection, 27 April 2012
This review is from: Original Album Classics (Audio CD)
If you want an elvis collection in yours, then you cannot really go wrong with this one. It has all his recognisable hits and more as well,and If you like the original recordings,then here they are in all their glory. Gems like 'good luck charm','all shook up','return to sender','stuck on you','I got stung','got a lot o livin to do','(marie's the name)his latest flame' and 'jailhouse rock' are so catchy even if it were your first experience of elvis, I'm sure you'd rush out to buy these because they have not lost their appeal after 60 years passing since they were recorded. there's really no substitute for elvis,and this is a great album to own, just have a listen and see what you think! t. davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: Original Album Classics (Audio CD)
I just love these series. This is how CDs should be packaged. Great to get all those albums in miniature sleeves and with plenty of bonus tracks. The result is a nice overview of Presley's whole career. The track selection could have been slightly better though, as great tracks like Always On My Mind, The Wonder of You and An American Trilogy are not included! The fourth album was originally very weak. It has improved a lot with the bonus tracks. However, Rock-A-Hula Baby has to be the worst song Elvis ever recorded. Kiss Me Quick or Suspicion would have been better choices. I also miss Trouble, which would have been a better addition the the second album than those two Christmas songs. But these are minor complaints. This is a great set and most of the music is fantastic.

Original Album Classics
Original Album Classics by Elvis Presley (Audio CD - 2011)