4.0 out of 5 stars Mallow, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Girl Who Ruled Fairyland--For a Little While: A Tor.Com Original (Kindle Edition)
I was not sure whether I should have read this before the other two I bought. I enjoyed it but not quite as much as the other two

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little tale, 19 Jun. 2013
This is my first read of any of Catherynne Valentine's stories and I am not disappointed. It is the equal of tales by Neil Gaiman and Holly Black which crossover into similar territory. It manages to be magical, terrible, beautiful and tragic sometimes all in the same paragraph. I will definitely be reading more by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love all of Catherynne's books!!, 8 Aug. 2014
Myself and my 7 year old daughter have relished and enjoyed every single one of Catherynne's "The Girl Who....." series of books, perfectly magical, truly a modern day Alice in Wonderland

5.0 out of 5 stars Bizarre and wonderful, 9 Dec. 2013
Fantastic book - it took me a little while to get going with it but once I was into it I couldn't put it down. There are surprises around every corner, sad, funny, happy... Great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars The girl who read this book, 30 Jun. 2013
This book was great. I loved it. Very short and sweet. Perfect for everyone. I look forward to reading the next book. :) :-) ;)

LOL!!!!!!!¡ X

4.0 out of 5 stars great but too short, 11 April 2014
It was really good but I thought it would be longer. I would recommend it to children 7-13 yrs. the first two in the series are longer and better

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 22 Mar. 2013
An easy read, lots of fun, and fairytale imagery, might not make sense if you haven't read the other books by this author about fairyland.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 19 Aug. 2013
I like this because it is quite different and engaging. It has a very different style of writing. I like the author's quirkyness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful, convoluted tale., 7 Dec. 2014
L. Holloway "film Freak" (North Devon) - See all my reviews
I love everything I've read by Catherynne M Valente this is no exception. Marvellous matter of fact craziness, read them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting and enchanted, 9 Oct. 2013
A strange tale of morals and fantasy all mixed up in a soup of magic. The wet magic was found.