4.0 out of 5 stars Is It Me?
Published 23 months ago by Nikwak

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but not the 5 blade version
My hubby has been using a KoS azor for a few years now. I made the mistake of buying the 5 blade cartridges instead of the standard ones. The 5 blade version scrapes and hurts him and is really not a patch on the closeness of the KoS standard 3 blade version. Stick to the original for a superb shave.
Published on 24 Feb 2012 by The Ambient Housewife

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but not the 5 blade version, 24 Feb 2012
This review is from: King Of Shaves Azor 5 Sensitive System Razor (Personal Care)

1.0 out of 5 stars Pauper of Shavers, 16 Nov 2011
This has to be the worst razor that I have ever used. It looks good and the price seems reasonable but it suffers from some terrible design decisions rendering the razor useless. The blades clog up too easily and the head is far too flexible meaning that at the slightest strand of facial hair the head lifts above the hair, the more pressure you apply the more the head bends and still you have a face full of hair. The only option you have for a semi-decent shave is using your finger to keep the head from flexing.

PRO'S
* Looks good
* Reasonable price

CON'S
* Head ridiculously flexible
* Hair clogs far too easily behind blades.
* Easily causes cuts and irritation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst razor ever!!!!, 13 July 2013
G. Loughran "gazlock" (Dundalk, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This has been without doubt the worst razor I have ever had the misfortune to try & use.
1. Build quality is terrible - decent grip impossible, head is spongy with a feeling the blades could snap off at any second.
2. Blades clog up much too easily.
3. Impossible to get a decent shave.

No wonder it was on special offer at my local chemist - avoid like the plague!

1.0 out of 5 stars Staggeringly Bad, 12 Nov 2012
jonbar38 "Sukitnc" (Garstang, Lancashire.) - See all my reviews
I am much like the other reviewers on here and I thought I would do my bit to object to the price of Gillette replacement blades by stopping buying them (Fusion) even though they gave a great shave and I assumed that the others must have caught up by now and as I therefore needed an alternative I thought that I would give the latest KOS product a go and boy have I lived to regret that decision. It is true after all what my irritating manger at work say's about what making assumptions makes you......

I know we are all different and can have different experiences with such products but it wasn't just the awful patchy 'shave' that I got but more the primary reason behind this which was that the blades will not rinse whether from just a shake in the bowl or under a running tap or even what I had to resort to in the end which was by rubbing my thumb (safely) down the blades to try and push the bristles out after every stroke. Ridiculous.

I did persevere for a few days but fail to see how this product got through testing it is so useless. Ironically, it has resulted in me understanding and appreciating Gillette products and prices more than ever before. I may give the Wilkinson Sword a whirl before I give in but I shall have a look at reviews on here before I do so.

Please avoid this product and I wish that I could be bothered to go to Trading Standards about it. Sighhhhh.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can I give it zero stars?, 30 Sep 2012
TimO "Tim" (Croxley Green, UK) - See all my reviews
Lured by the cheap price, against my usual Fusion, and encouraged by my lovely partner to save a bit of money, I foolishly invested my pennies in this ... Mmmmm ... How do I describe this worthless piece of detritus without offending anybody? .... Oh I just did! The designer must be crying over his P45 right now, because if he still has a job designing there's something wrong with KOS quality management.

I did give the Azor a fair go - for about twelve weeks I exfoliated the lower layers of my ectodermal tissue (google it!) and bloodied flannels, towels, bathroom rugs and hall carpet. And, despite suffering wounds, hair still remained in clumps here and there - particularly under my nose, giving me what one reviwer here described as a good impression of Adolf Hitler. Even my penny pinching hatred of throwing anything away, couldn't stop me from binning the Azor (the work experience designer can't even spell!) together with the remaining eight cartridges.

If you want a cheap shaving experience use a junior hacksaw!

4.0 out of 5 stars Is It Me?, 20 Aug 2012
I can't believe the bad reviews for this razor that I have read - although everyone's skin is different and some razors are better than others on certain people. I, for instance, can't use an electric razor and have tried using the Gillette fusion and find it hopeless. I was on holiday and forgot my razor and, not being able to use disposables that rip you to shreds, I saw this and bought it mainly for the novelty value of a bendable razor. However, I now wouldn't be without it. I love it. It gives me the closest smoothest shave I have had for ages and so, I for one have given it 4 stars. I would have given it 5 but I do find the handle just a little bit bulky but, once you get used to that, then this is a great little razor.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Shaving Experience ever!, 25 Jun 2012
W. Harris "Wayne Harris" (Oxford, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought this on offer at Boots in Oxford, had been using a Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 and Gillette Fusion Proglide Power, both of which give excellent close shaves indeed, however.... replacing the blades are an absolute rip off! so, thought id give the KOS Azor 5 a go to save the wallet taking a bashing!

Verdict: worst shave i have ever had, left me with patchy stubble, cut myself, just not an enjoyable experience!

would have got better result from a disposable BIC!

wont be using KOS products again

you get what you pay for !

1.0 out of 5 stars Should be discontinued and apologised for, 27 May 2014
Finally gave up on the new King of Shaves 5-blade razor after persevering with pain and poor performance for three days. Men, do NOT buy. It is quite simply the worst razor on the planet - worse than even Bic disposables. Yes, really. It's hideously expensive, as are the blades, and feels like you're dragging barbed wire across your face. It doesn't shave you properly, leaving patches you need to go over again with a different razor. It is just ten times awful plus appalling to a factor of really crap. The infernal thing has gone in the bin, along with its remaining replacement blades. Seriously, it was like someone was pulling out each individual hair from my face - without actually cutting them at all. If this was ever tested before being brought to market, it was on donkeys, not people.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but absolutely useless, 21 Mar 2014
Designed for sensitive skin says the blurb. That's because it does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Definitely the worst razor I've ever used, wish I'd checked the reviews here before I'd purchased. This was my first KoS product and it will definitely be my last. Avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've found the razor for me., 16 Feb 2014
Bought this reduced in Asda about a month ago. Quite baffled by all the negative reviews on here! Does Gillette own a bot-net??

Anyway, I'm really pleased with it. Only the third razor I've tried (not counting disposable) but by far the best. Safe to say I'll be sticking with it. I should mention that my previous razor was a Gillette Fusion, which in comparison I found uncomfortable and painful, but stuck with for years not knowing there was anything better... So if you've had that same experience, I suggest giving this brand a try.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›