on 13 December 2012
I'm not usually that bothered about writing reviews but I'm so pleased I found these firelighters. I use them to light my stove. I chop down a log into kindling. Place the kindling around 2 firelighters and 5 minutes later I have a roaring fire. They don't smell, they're great. I notice someone else complained they don't light. If so they must have been rubbing 2 sticks together to light them. They light just fine but for easy lighting get yourself one of those long stem gas lighters.
on 23 February 2013
Would so like to recommend these firelighters because they are environmentally better than the paraffin type, but unfortunately they just don't light very easily.
on 23 September 2013
Great product. No chemical smell like some of the other ones. I put 2 of these in the stove on a little paper and some kindling around it, light them and because they burn for ages, that's all you need to do. It lights in a couple of minutes which is great. Will definitely be ordering more when I've ran out.
on 17 October 2013
As I've now on my third order - we'll says it all really! Lights the fire with no smell. As for hard to light? Well follow the instructions and light the rough side. Simples!
on 30 November 2013
work very well without that parrafin type smell. you only need one cube to start the fire -works every time
on 19 April 2013
Just tried these for the first time and I'm delighted. I put a couple under some dry starter wood and the fire in my wood burner has taken off beautifully with none of the foul smell of conventional fire lighters. I didn't even have to use newspaper. Brilliant purchase!
on 24 December 2011
these are very good - they are a bit expensive & you need 2 or 3 to get a fire going - if you have one fire then go for them - if you have 5 like we do then it works out a bit too dear.........eco friendly vs pound notes in the end .... give em a try & see eh?
on 23 November 2011
Extremely environmentally friendly since it is quite difficult to get them to work. Difficult to light and I found one block was not enough to get kindling going. Several times, got the firelighter going with several matches then found it went out and needed re-lighting. Worked when I used it with enough newspaper, but the kindling usually lights with newspaper anyway so began to think, "What is the point?"

I've ended up using a conventional firelighter to light these, in other words, using them as kindling and for this multiple blocks have to be used. Blocks are also difficult to separate.

On the whole, not a good buy!
on 23 September 2013
Bought these firefighters by chance in sainsbury's and was very happy. No horrible parrafin smell like the other lighters and better for the environment. Will definitely buy more. Highly recommended.
on 7 February 2013
these all natural fire lighters work extremely well with no horrible smell. make the effort to obtain them and feel good about it.