on 6 October 2012
I don't doubt the authors skills on the flight deck, in fact I would be happy to have him fly me or my family, but boy does this guy have some opinions. I don't argue with his views, I just didn't want to read about it page after page after page. I have some friends who are pilots who tell funny and amusing stories about life down route, in with the chief pilot, passengers and crew. But not Capt Kevin, he wants to tell you again and again about why his is the only way to fly. I am sure he is a decent guy and a great pilot, but you write to entertain not to preach. That all being said a good book for anyone who is young and looking at a route into aviation as opposed to people like me who have a passing interest in aviation and read for entertainment.
on 6 February 2013
I would have loved to have liked this book more. The author is obviously highly knowledgeable and he has some great insights that will be useful particularly to new or wannabe pilots, but I never felt that this book really got started. The anecdotes and thoughts have been written seemingly in no particular order and what comes out is interesting in parts, confusing in others, but ultimately disjointed and without direction.

Nevertheless, anyone interested in aviation would do well to read this simply for the author's views on safety in the cockpit, particularly newly qualified pilots who may feel peer-pressured into being a bit gung-ho on the subject. Kevin Garrison's views on the pilot's responsibility are clear cut and devoid of bull, so it's worth reading it just to bolster your own confidence on the subject.

All in all, a light hearted and easy read, but I would have liked more structure, a beginning, a middle and an end.
on 25 October 2013
It's lucky Boeing make big aircraft because with an ego the size of yours it must have been a tight fit for the pax
A humble non cool pilot
on 25 April 2013
A good book for the air-minded - an eye-opener for non-pilots......needs more facts and less anecdotes but still an emjoyable book
on 3 December 2013
This books reads like having a one sided conversation with someone, and you can't get a word in !!!.
The author tells you about his life in flying, and other weird things that seem to cross his mind.
Not exactly a "a can't put it down " sort of book, but a good read.
The one thing that does come across, is he was a very good pilot.
on 22 June 2013
Yes, I agree this is probably not going to be a great read for anybody that is not 'into' aviation but I have always loved Kevin's style of writing.