Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.49

From the first page, where Mrs Boggins is telling a story to Rolf (the good little wolf), Little Red Riding Hood and the three little pigs, my children were entranced. Rolf enjoys doing 'good' things - like baking cakes, hearing stories and playing with his friends. However, Mrs Boggins warns him that not all wolves are good. Some, indeed, are Big and Bad. When Rolf runs into a Big Bad Wolf in the woods he attempts to prove he really IS a wolf by trying to blow the little pigs house in and howl at the moon, to no avail. Rolf takes the Big Bad Wolf back to Mrs Boggins house, where they try to make him see the error of his ways. This is a very amusing book, with fantastic illustrations - worth the price for the picture where Rolf first meets the Big Bad Wolf in my opinion, which had my children giggling for ages. However, it is worth pointing out that the ending is not the tradional happy one and the Big Bad Wolf does triumph over poor, unsuspecting Rolf. This did not bother my own children, but if you feel yours will be upset by a twist in the tale, then you might want to bear that in mind. Overall, though, a fine debut from an author I hope we hear a lot more from.
on 16 April 2012
My 3 year old daughter loves this book, wanting it every night for a couple of weeks! It's great for challenging children about what they think will happen next and really good for encouraging questionning. Illustrations add to the story - in fact, my daughter immediately spotted 2 pages without and text and wondered why. She then realised that the pictures told the story! Fabulous ending too!
on 9 June 2011
So there you are of a bed time, reading this book for the first time to the little 'uns, enjoying the distinctive, stylish illustrations and the references to nursery rhymes and other children's stories which work seamlessly with the narrative, when all of a sudden - BAM - the ending is not at all quite what you had been expecting. And at first you think, 'gosh'! But then you smile to yourself, and then perhaps you might laugh a little, or even quite alot. Very amusing indeed. Every child should read this story - and every parent should have this on the bookshelf for when Mummy/Daddy needs cheering up after a long, hard day!
Grandma tells a tale about a good little wolf (eats his veg, nice to his friends)... and the day he meets a big bad wolf who says he's not a 'real' wolf. Good little wolf tries to do as he's told, but will he turn to the 'dark side'?

My son loved the way the story turned, and we both loved the final twist as well, as the reader at the end of the book is not the one who started the tale...

Very funny, with some endearing drawings (and not too scary wolves either). Easy to read and a great bedtime choice for 3-6 year olds.

on 14 June 2011
As a first time new parent, I've discovered that on the whole children's books are boring for the parents... Lacking the plots and twists of a good page turner... But what can you expect? Which is why this book is worth reviewing. I actually enjoyed reading this. I don't want to spoil the plot, or give away the twist at the end, but it's brilliant! I'm fairly sure this will be the bedtime book of choice for quite some time. Oh, and my daughter loves it too, although shes more interested in the very sweet pictures. More Like this please!
on 5 June 2011
What a fab little read, with lovely big bold illustrations and quite delightfully written. This really took me back to the fairytales of my own childhood and reminded me of much loved books such as Little Red Riding Hood and Goldilocks. Gave me a warm fuzzy feeling all over and I am sure this will get little imaginations running riot. This would make the perfect present for a small person!
on 11 July 2012
Have been asked to read this again and again. Luckily, I enjoy it too! Does have a slightly dark ending, but all the best stories do. Can't stand versions of Little Red Riding Hood when they make the ending less scary!
on 20 June 2011
This book makes a perfect gift for any child and adults will enjoy reading it to them. Or reading it to themselves. It's fab.