4.0 out of 5 stars High compression compared to cheaper skins
Published 21 months ago by DD

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't trust the Size Catalog!
I'm a 38" chest and according to the size catalog it belongs to 'M' size.

However, when I received it a day later, I couldn't even fit in! I was struggling to even wear it down my shoulders.

Thankfully, I have a friend whose planning to get an 'S' size and he tried mine happens to fit him near-perfectly.

Conclusion, I can't trust the...
Published 8 months ago by Martini Yim

4.0 out of 5 stars High compression compared to cheaper skins, 9 Aug. 2013
After using cheaper skins I found this to be of much higher compression & therefore not actually as comfortable to waer but you get the feeling it is probably doing a better job for you. When you are active (cycling playing cricket) You actually forget you are wearing it but when not active you are certainly conscious that you have it on. It is definitely on the snug side which needs considering if you are on the top end of your size range & is not quick to put on & adjust correctly. However it is extremely well made All in all good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing rocks!!, 12 Jun. 2012
Been looking for a Skins product for a while and finally decided on this. my first test was a 60 mile bikeride around london for charity at night. All I can say is that this thing rocked!

Be sure to check the sizing guides thoroughly as you need to get a perfect fit, to tight and you'll be compressed to smithereeens and to loose and it wont work properly. I'm of a slightly skinny build and anout 6' 2" so got a large and it fits perfectly. A bit awkward to get off and on but once there its like a second skin. Hence the name i guess!

The material has the amazing ability to keep you warm under a top layer and when I finished at 9am the sun was blaring yet the top kept me cooler than if I wasnt wearing it.

I'm not so sure about the spiel with it keeping your mucles compressed and having less fatigue but it definately wicked away all the sweat making sure I didnt catch a chill when I stopped, and the way it hugs the body certainly sent chills up my spine.

All in all definately worth the price and it'll perform better than most tops of its kind. I think I might but another one actually!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect present, 29 July 2013
Samantha "Using audiobooks to make the commut... (Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my running mad husband and he loves it. Good at wicking the sweat away.
Although as its tight a challenge to get off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Trapper, 1 April 2013
I am a size 42 inch chest and went for the medium which was too small. Got the large and all is fine

5.0 out of 5 stars great product!, 11 Feb. 2013
This thing really deserves the money! I feel comfortable running in this. It is as if you were in a shell and as soon as you take it on you, it's a bit chilly in a pleasant and unusual way; from the pressure on the blood vessels. When running the chilly sensation disappears and indeed it carries away the moisture leaving your skin almost dry (it depends what do you wear on top of it). I agree that if you normally wear M, this should be L as it was in my case; thanks to the other reviewers. It seems that I ran faster and more steadily having this, as opposed to normal fluffy clothes. It sticks to the body and has some mesh underarms for ventilation. When you stop running for a while you won't feel freezing surrounded in your own sweat but you might feel your pulse beating through the whole area surrounded by this special fabric; a nice feeling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but very tight., 18 Feb. 2014
Followed manufacturers sizing instructions but these are very tight and difficult to get on/off, especially after excercise when you're sweaty.
Keeps you warmer in the cold winds but I'm not sure if they help with recovery or distance.

4.0 out of 5 stars SUPERHERO, 31 Oct. 2013
L. Page - See all my reviews
I feel like a marvel hero

Novelty though, not saying don't get it just think about what it will do for you.

My purchase was a result of; winter cold, skins recommendations and the need for a base layer.

Wickers your heat making you cold unless you have a layer with it (Fantastic heat retention with a jumper, not exaggerating) or start running.

It has a polyester armpit, the stitching rubs unless you put it on right which is hard as it's TIGHT!

A good base layer, don't be that guy wearing it as a tight top to show off your muscles. I've seen a guy who looked average but was a beached whale in this top. "You gutta be lean to wear just this top!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Snug is the way, 24 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Skins A200 Long Sleeve Men's Compression Top (Sports Apparel)
Great product. If you understand the snug fit idea and are comfortable with the compression you will have no issues. Great for sport as an under top or if you are doing lots of standing around and need a bit of posture support. Low neck line means you can wear it under almost anything so for work if your outdoors or to go to watch something like football.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for long runs and keeping the body warm under ..., 11 Jan. 2015
As described, this is a compression top and really does exactly that. Once inside its nearly impossible to get out of it. Excellent for long runs and keeping the body warm under several thin layers. I got the large though would take small to medium in most clothes and this was super tight, so take this into consideration when purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing fit, 5 Dec. 2013
Bought this for my husband to train in it. He absolutely loves it.
We are so pleased by all our new training gear that we even got 2 of our friends to buy running kit by Skins.
I would recommend it.
The price here it's so much better then most places I looked to find the same product so don't think twice just go for it.